Trudeau $ets up a $595 mil $lush fund for journalist$ — but only the one$ he “tru$t$"

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trudeau $ets up a $595 mil $lush fund for journalist$ — but only the one$ he “tru$t$"

We knew it was coming. But no-one knew it would be this big.

Justin Trudeau has announced that he’s setting up a $595 million slush fund for journalists — but only ones that he “trusts”. That’s really the word: The government said the package will aim to help “trusted” news organizations.

This is unsurprising. The major journalism union has been campaigning for this for months. Just a few weeks ago, they pledged their trustworthiness to Trudeau, saying they would be a trustworthy ally to him to attack Andrew Scheer and the conservatives.

If you’re a lefty having trouble understanding this, pretend that, say, Doug Ford set up a $595 million trust fund for journalists, and appointed a journalist friend of his to dole it out, but only to people he trusts. Like maybe Kory Teneycke, his campaign staffer. Or, heck, to me.

My point is — leftists would freak out, and rightly so. But with Trudeau? I mean, look, these journalist were already pretty compliant with him without the cash. Now they’re positively obedient. With their union bosses whipping them into compliance.

TONIGHT I'll show you how some of the usual suspects in Media Party reacted to this announcement. It's very revealing...

The CBC is already in the tank for Trudeau. $1.5 billion a year ensures that, but again, they’re journalists, so they’re naturally leftists anyways.

Another $595 million sounds insane, but it’s less than half of what he gives the CBC — and he just effectively nationalized every other private sector media company in Canada.

That’s a small price to pay, to lock up the next election.

Yesterday was a huge victory day for Trudeau; and for the billionaires who own Canadian media.

But what was on Trudeau’s mind?

The Rebel Media. Seriously.

The only media company that he talked about in Parliament yesterday was us. It was an answer to a question from the Conservatives about open borders mass migration. And he mentioned The Rebel Media.

Huh? No-one mentioned the Rebel in their question. But it’s on his mind. He’s obsessed with us. Because we’re the one group in Canada he can’t buy.

And if you thought that was just a coincidence, last night, Gerald Butts, Trudeau’s handler, tweeted about us too — as he does all the time. He’s obsessed.

Why?

Well, you heard Trudeau. We’re the only people reporting the other side of the story — in that particular case, on immigration. On other things, too — like the theory of manmade global warming. Like civil rights for Christians. Like pro-Israel ideas. Like opposing his soft-on-terrorism stances, his love for Omar Khadr.

If it weren’t for The Rebel, it would be 100% unanimity. That’s why he hates us. In fact, the more other media sell out to him, the more aware he is that we are the last hold-out. That’s why he’s angrier and angrier at us.

I should point out that there is one little news organization that has said the same as us:

A statement from Blacklock’s Reporter. We will neither solicit nor accept @CdnHeritage media grants & have always named & shamed those who do…

OK, that’s great. I like them. But they’re pretty tiny — that’s not an insult, that’s a fact. That’s it. No-one else.

Everyone else is for sale. Sorry, it’s true.

Well, not us.

You can’t buy us. We’re paid only by our viewers, in little crowdfunding dribs and drabs — and by you, our premium subscribers, who pay $8 a month. Our average donor is about $65. That’s it. Not $565 million.

We just wouldn’t take Trudeau’s money. We couldn’t. You can’t call yourself a "rebel" and be paid by the government.

This is bad news for us in some ways — we’re going to be attacked even worse than before.

And for you, as a viewer, and for your fellow citizens, isn’t it proof that The Rebel is needed more than ever?

We don’t need $595 million to live. But $595,000 would be great — we’d pay off some old bills, spruce up the website, hire another couple of reporters, cover the 2019 election properly, and maybe even spend some money advertising that we exist.

If you want to do something constructive and productive to fight back, may I suggest doing that?

Please go to YouCantBuyUs.com — that’s our answer to Trudeau and Butts — and help chip in.

Just Trudeau just forced you and every other Canadian to give money to our competitors.

Between this bailout and the CBC, that’s more than $2 billion — that’s $250 dollars per family.

Would you consider going to YouCantBuyUs.com and making a voluntary donation so we can provide the other side of the story? We need to survive, we need to thrive, we need to grow — someone has to speak truth to power.

And right now, I’m afraid, it has to be us...

NEXT: Columnist and author Barbara Kay joins me to talk about the disturbing news that a transgender woman in Quebec City was sentenced to only 18-months in prison for sexually assaulting her daughter.

FINALLY: Your messages to me!
https://www.therebel.media/trudeau-...lout-news-ezra-levant-show-truth-conservative

Gee, well that sure explains the constant barrage of trumphate, global warming, unigender(s) and Canada as a post national country for everyone but Canadians.

Should journalists get paid to lie about Trudeau, world affairs, and the state the Canadian state is in for money?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Do you ever get the feeling that you're just way stupider than average?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound DIS-APPROVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you afraid that after all the Fake news you have spouted in favour of LIE-berals- that they will not be sharing the gravy with the likes of YOU????????????????????????

Want to bey this LIE-beral offer of gravy for news media will never actually be handed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is just another LIE-beral stretch goal- like the 15 percent reduction in auto insurance Wynne-bag LIE-berals offered to us- while also CUTTING major accident benefits by FIFTY PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know LIE-beral friendly media is a RELIABLE SOURCE of Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For LIE-berals to PAY THEIR PALS to produce MORE FAKE NEWS will not go over well with Cdn voters- who will be forced to pay

the new carbon crap and trade tax that LIE-berals will be dipping into for funding for their Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a LIE-beral trail balloon that got shot down before it even left the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdn news media whores should NOT count on getting any of the LIE-beral gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I know - how is an upstart media company so threatening? It must be because they accuse it (and by association) the 1,000's of subscribers as racist and bigots as the only substantive points they can make. They don't actually address the issues; they attack the Rebel instead. Maybe makes them feel better??? How mature is that?

Has the Rebel had some growing pains? Absolutely. Have they apologized when they were wrong and made changes? Yes. It is an evolving business which will succeed or fail on it's own.

That doesn't matter and totally not relevant to the MSM despite the fact that they too have made mistakes but have NOT apologized (maybe a "correction" on page 6 or something). LOL Instead, when the Rebel stumbles, there is nothing but condemnation & gleeful contempt. Fortunately for its followers, they understand that we are only human and mistakes are made, that it is an evolving process and eventually, it'll be done right. The Rebel isn't politically correct nor do I want it to be.

The CBC's Wendy Mesley (sp) is also obsessed with the Rebel - brings it up every chance she gets, scornfully I might add. Apparently, it bugs the hell out of the MSM (especially the CBC) that the Rebel even exists, is supported by individuals & dares give another point of view. Wonder if they'll ever get over it?? Apparently alternative views (good & bad) aren't allowed! Someone, somewhere, may be offended. Good! They need to get a thicker skin!

And the MSM wonder why they're having financial issues because people are objecting to their biases and stupidity. There is not only The Rebel out there; there are other sources so if the MSM can't compete, guess maybe they should close shop instead of forcing us to bail them out!!

As I'm writing this, I realized that, perhaps what makes the MSM so uncomfortable about The Rebel is that the Rebel asks the questions the MSM should be asking and questions that people want answers to, not some unabridged Political Correct soft ball questions that we could care a less about. Very few interviews conducted by the MSM ask serious questions and demand serious answers; rather than challenging people, they simply move on to another "soft ball" question, much like Question Period where the question asked is totally disregarded by some meaningless gobble-gook. (BTW all parties are guilty of this - just sayin')

JMHO

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Did you ever wonder how the govt is going to maintain media independence when the media becomes dependent on govt handouts? Oh wait, all you have to do is believe it will be so and voila, we'll still have an independent media, right? You're such a gullible idiot I'm sure you believe that too.

Hey, you know who else was big on state controlled media? Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, etc. You know, all your fascist heroes.

Ironically, if Trump had announced bail-outs to the media outlets he trusted in the US, you'd have created a thread about it and then whined like a poorly educated little girl about how Trump is Hitler incarnate.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I wonder who will raise a ruckus when fake news is threatened?

All the smart people in our society?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
All the smart people in our society

If they are not the ones making what YOU call fake news ( because it turns out to be correct)...
;)
They are the ones reading it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I wonder who will raise a ruckus when fake news is threatened?
All the smart people in our society?
Well, that leaves you out of it.

Dodge and weave eh? So no answer as to how to keep a media independent that is dependent on govt hand-outs?

"Here ya go. It's a year before an election. Have some nice bail-out cash but don't forget who gave it to ya if you wanna keep it rolling in. <wink wink, nudge nudge>"

All your screaming and crying about right-wing fascism and here you are, clearly supporting the idea of state-controlled media.

It's fascinating to watch as you continually prove you are either a partisan ALT-left hack or just plain ol' fashioned dumb as f*ck.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And yet, this govt just can't seem to find the money to restore our veterans earned and deserved pensions and benefits, as promised by Groper. But oh boy, we got $600 million to try and buy the media's loyalty to the Trudeau govt with less than a year before an election where Trudeau right now, is not looking good. $600 million buys a lot of influence.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And yet, this govt just can't seem to find the money to restore our veterans earned and deserved pensions and benefits, as promised by Groper. But oh boy, we got $600 million to try and buy the media's loyalty to the Trudeau govt with less than a year before an election where Trudeau right now, is not looking good. $600 million buys a lot of influence.
You mean restore what Harper took away?

Btw you get a tax credit. Maybe you sgould decline it in order to prove your independence

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's just a tax credit to help an industry.
So you support state-controlled media. Interesting. Trump attempts a form of "state control" over the media and you practically lose your shit over it. Trudeau is attempting to buy the media's favour and you're so blase about it one would think the thread topic was, 'Trudeau takes a shit after eating breakfast' or something.

As for your little game of tax credit v. bail-outs, let's take a look at something you've bitched about; Harper helping to bail out the auto-industry in Canada. Harper helped to keep the jobs, at least temporarily anyway, of people that as a group, tend to vote Liberal and NDP.
Trudeau is helping 80% of people in the news media keep their jobs, who already vote left and can influence the ideas, opinions and attitudes of the general public. I say 80% because the news-media is about 80% populated by people on the left, from simply left-leaning all the way to full-blown, so far out in left field they're munching on ball park franks in the bleachers, bat shit crazy ALT-left.
And money, especially if you're desperate for it, can make people do desperate things.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You mean restore what Harper took away?
Yes, what Harper took away. What, you think what Harper did was any worse than giving them false hope? I'd rather be devoid of all hope then have some asshole give me false hope for no reason other than for his benefit. At least when you're devoid of all hope, you can still take control over your fate and define your own terms.

As for your shot about my tax credits, I'm not in a position to influence people's ideas, opinions or attitudes. But of course you'd rather play that childish game than actually discuss the pitfalls of a media that's firmly attached to an ALT-left govt's teat.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have to agree with Dan on this one.

This goes contradictory to his comments about independent media.

Pravda Canada Broadcasting Corporation

========================================================================================================

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU STOLE MY LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just about to make a remark about Pravda and CBC when I spotted your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is some other stuff warning us not to let LIE-berals fiddle with our news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are working on MULTIPLE WAYS to mess with our elections and ensure they get to cling to power at any price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an old post warning us about "vouching" which Harper Conservatives mostly banned before the 2015 election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But everything old is new again and Our idiot Boy Justin has restored vouching for the 2019 election which he is trying so very hard to rig in his favour - with massive bribery and attempts at paralyzing our parliament with electoral reform and with his ham fisted attempts at censorship of his opponents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’ve been hearing an awful lot lately about the federal government’s proposed Fair Elections Act.
Mostly, we’ve been hearing complaints, and mostly, the complaints have been about the Conservatives’ intention to ban the practice of vouching for voters lacking proper identification on election day.
Vouching means that if you can’t prove where you live, you can have someone else swear an oath that you’re the person on the voter list.
About 120,000 Canadians use it, mostly elderly or aboriginal. Several provinces, including Ontario, have banned the practice in provincial elections.
I’ve yet to meet any ordinary citizen whose eyes don’t glaze over when you mention vouching, but opposition politicians, Elections Canada and the media all care a great deal about it and so week after week, the complaints flow.
But considering the uproar, I haven’t heard of anyone interviewing people who actually do the work on Election Day — the army of temporary Elections Canada employees who hand you your ballot.
I was one of them during the last federal election and let me be the first to tell you vouching stinks. It’s an open invitation to voter fraud. The sooner they ditch it, the better.
Case in point: Charlie. He limped in to the small-town, three-poll church hall, leaning heavily on the arm of a taxi driver who steered him over to me, the deputy returning officer for his poll. Charlie was 95 and had no identification. He didn’t know he needed it and didn’t have any.
I said I needed ID. People started getting mad.
“This is Charlie,” someone said. “Everybody knows Charlie. He’s been voting here for 70 years.” “Fine,” I said, “But I don’t know who he is and I’m the one who needs to know.” By that time, everyone in the place was shouting. So I asked for someone to vouch for him.
Suddenly, things got very quiet. Seconds dragged by; the lineup behind Charlie got longer and longer. Finally, the taxi driver said he’d vouch for him.
Now here’s the thing about Elections Canada’s temp staff: The DROs are chosen from a list provided by the party who won the election the last time. The poll clerks who assist them come from the party that finished second.
My poll clerk was a Liberal. Maybe she was deliberately causing trouble or maybe she was genuinely confused but in the end, no paperwork was done.
Charlie voted, but there’s no record of what transpired.
Had the election been in dispute, or had Elections Canada chosen to check my riding for potential fraud, there was no trail to follow.
To this day, I don’t know for a fact if Charlie was really Charlie.
The same scene played out several times that day, one involving a woman who appeared to be out of it and whose son may have voted for her. Again, no paperwork.
This could be one reason Elections Canada says there’s no evidence of widespread voter fraud. It may in fact happen, but there’s no evidence there was a problem in the first place.
A handful of votes in my poll, multiplied by several hundred polls in my riding, becomes a lot of votes.
In big cities? In those condo canyons where no one knows anyone? Voter fraud could happen quite easily.
There are other voting day problems the Fair Elections Act could correct but vouching is the big one.
Get rid of it and let voters use their voter identification cards instead.