Trudeau calls trucker protest an 'insult to truth'

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Neither is a "democratic" notion.

Without getting all AIM about it, democracy died in North America when the Europeans showed up.
Are you trying to infer that there was a democracy within the indigenous before Europeans arrived? Tribal and band politics with chiefs etc were democratic??
Seems they were more like European kingdoms that democracies.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
GoFundMe and GiveSendGo are not Canadian and they did not have to freeze or refund. They chose to.
Perhaps they chose to do that to save their face in light of what could happen to them
And Freeland was right, "they must report suspicious transactions". So, they did.
There weren't any "suspicious transactions" according to FinTrac.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twin_Moose

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
There weren't any "suspicious transactions" according to FinTrac.
Well in that case, they decided to freeze the donations and return the money themselves. Both gofundme and givesendgo backed out by themselves without explanation?,

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
GoFundMe and GiveSendGo are not Canadian and they did not have to freeze or refund. They chose to.
Perhaps they chose to do that to save their face in light of what could happen to them
And Freeland was right, "they must report suspicious transactions". So, they did.
Good Grief!! Are you and Mentalone siblings? GFM and GSG were mentioned for the sake of historical context. GSG didn't seize the funds and for that they were attacked. GFM tried to steal the money. Those activities happened before Il Dictatore Trudoh imposed the Emergencies Act. Oh, and BTW, why would you presume those non-Canadian entities would be subject to Freeland's reporting diktats? They aren't, and so they didn't. You apparently think that a single mother making a charitable donation of $50 constitutes a dangerous illicit transaction for which her account must be frozen. You might want to reflect on that one. We should all contemplate "what could happen" to us if we don't accept that resistance is futile.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well, GoFundMe is more broad and public, GiveSendGo is a Christian knock off of GFM to try and bypass the 'sins' that GFM might promote, IMO.

I don't get where people think that they would donate to charities... if there's a suspicious use of their services, (I don't use them myself) My understanding is in the TOS, they will return funds to those who donated.

*shrug*

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Are you trying to infer that there was a democracy within the indigenous before Europeans arrived? Tribal and band politics with chiefs etc were democratic??
Seems they were more like European kingdoms that democracies.
Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic...

But there was democracy in NA before the Uptightey Whities showed.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Good Grief!! Are you and Mentalone siblings? GFM and GSG were mentioned for the sake of historical context. GSG didn't seize the funds and for that they were attacked. GFM tried to steal the money. Those activities happened before Il Dictatore Trudoh imposed the Emergencies Act. Oh, and BTW, why would you presume those non-Canadian entities would be subject to Freeland's reporting diktats? They aren't, and so they didn't. You apparently think that a single mother making a charitable donation of $50 constitutes a dangerous illicit transaction for which her account must be frozen. You might want to reflect on that one. We should all contemplate "what could happen" to us if we don't accept that resistance is futile.
You seriously have comprehension problems Duffy. I presume nothing. I said "GoFundMe and GiveSendGo are not Canadian and they did not have to freeze or refund. They chose to."
As for your single mother making charitable donation claim....what charity, because neither GFM or GSG are charities and you need more than just your say so. You can be as full of BS as Fox News.
Prove your statements otherwise you are just another blowhard

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic...

But there was democracy in NA before the Uptightey Whities showed.
Not sarcastic. It is a question.
Tribes and bands and nations had a Chief and as I understand, they were like Kings, with that power and authority. Were there "councils"? I presume so, but the Chief ruled. Or was the Chief always just a ceremonial figurehead? If so, why do the hereditery "Chiefs" in Canada assume they have such power now>
So, please educate me.

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
That whole statement is BS.
Buffy, do you work for Fox News??? LOL
Briane in Chilliwack working for minimum wage and donating before it became illegal (and illicit) might beg to differ with you regarding the veracity of your contention that my statement is BS. She's not alone either.
"Justice Minister" Lametti stated, "If you are a member of a pro-Trump movement... you ought to be worried." Gee, worried about what might happen to me? Worried that a Liberal government might prevent me from accessing my cash and paying my bills because they don't like my political proclivities?
And what does Trump have to do with it anyway? Or Fox News for that matter?

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
You seriously have comprehension problems Duffy. I presume nothing. I said "GoFundMe and GiveSendGo are not Canadian and they did not have to freeze or refund. They chose to."
As for your single mother making charitable donation claim....what charity, because neither GFM or GSG are charities and you need more than just your say so. You can be as full of BS as Fox News.
Prove your statements otherwise you are just another blowhard
Don't mistake comprehension problems on my part for composition problems on your part.
I can be as full of BS as anyone, but I'm not. You however are. As is commonly the case with the illiberal set you lack the self-awareness to recognize it.
Regarding charity. If I come to your house with a meal and feed it to you because you're too damn stupid to do it yourself I have engaged in an act of charity. The fact that you lack the mental acuity to formally organize yourself as a legal entity (charity) has nothing to do with it. I have performed a charitable act and you have received my charity.
As for proving statements and blowing hard. Pull your head out of your arse and do your homework.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Not sarcastic. It is a question.
Tribes and bands and nations had a Chief and as I understand, they were like Kings, with that power and authority. Were there "councils"? I presume so, but the Chief ruled. Or was the Chief always just a ceremonial figurehead? If so, why do the hereditery "Chiefs" in Canada assume they have such power now>
So, please educate me.
Ah. Well.

Depending on the tribes and the era, Native Americans had anything from band chiefs, Matrons, Religious leaders, hunt chiefs, 'kings' to councils made up of elders of different types.

The closest to today's 'democracy' is, IIRC, was Iroquois Confederacy which parts of inspired the Father's of Confederation in the US.

The way the tribes are now is nothing like they used to be; it's a system that was put in place thanks to Government trying to wipe them all out/destroy culture, etc. And now, that's 'just how things are'. I mean, you don't need a hunt chief, for example, when you don't go out to wide range hunt anymore for survival.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well in that case, they decided to freeze the donations and return the money themselves. Both gofundme and givesendgo backed out by themselves without explanation?,
gofundme did so at the request of the Gov. Givesendgo hasn't as of yet they say they are not under Canadian Gov. sanctions however the banks and CU's are freezing accounts of the protestors on request of the Lib. Gov. and RCMP

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
gofundme did so at the request of the Gov. Givesendgo hasn't as of yet they say they are not under Canadian Gov. sanctions however the banks and CU's are freezing accounts of the protestors on request of the Lib. Gov. and RCMP
The point and fact is both are not char and both shut down. GFM gave the money back and I am not sure what the other did.
As for the government did not "sanction" freezing accounts to any other than those names the banks were given by the RCMP.
The rumours that poor single mother had her account frozen is pure BS until it is proven.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Ah. Well.

Depending on the tribes and the era, Native Americans had anything from band chiefs, Matrons, Religious leaders, hunt chiefs, 'kings' to councils made up of elders of different types.

The closest to today's 'democracy' is, IIRC, was Iroquois Confederacy which parts of inspired the Father's of Confederation in the US.

The way the tribes are now is nothing like they used to be; it's a system that was put in place thanks to Government trying to wipe them all out/destroy culture, etc. And now, that's 'just how things are'. I mean, you don't need a hunt chief, for example, when you don't go out to wide range hunt anymore for survival.
The statement was "Without getting all AIM about it, democracy died in North America when the Europeans showed up."
I understand that as the indigenous had a democratic society prior to white mans arrival. I questioned that.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Reactions: petros

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
"Funds from this campaign will be disbursed in a manner permitted under Canadian Law and
***There are current restrictions in place that might impede the immediate ability to disburse funds to this recipient."
And Tamara Lich is promoting it. That will not help her court case LOL Hope she gets bail and gets a private jet to take her home

Hope all those doners are ready for what may come.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The point and fact is both are not char and both shut down. GFM gave the money back and I am not sure what the other did.
As for the government did not "sanction" freezing accounts to any other than those names the banks were given by the RCMP.
The rumours that poor single mother had her account frozen is pure BS until it is proven.