Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Reactions: MyOpinion

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Sadly, no. But if I was PM of Canada and wanted to get myself shot, I'd keep doing what Groper is doing. I'm not advocating for it, just won't be surprised or upset if it happens. He has basically declared war on anyone who opposes him.
Just to make myself perfectly clear here. I'm NOT suggesting someone do something like that. But when you push people to the brink and they feel they have nothing else to lose, well sometimes they can act irrationally. I don't want to live in a country where political differences are "settled" with violence. But I also don't want to live in a country where people can be doxxed for peacefully protesting govt diktats. There was absolutely ZERO need to bust out the Emergency Act. There's plenty of laws already in place for dealing with stuff like Ottawa and the border blockades without making a grab for near dictatorial power.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
Oh yeah, and woe be to the bank that chooses not to comply with that advice! It seems that we do have a misinformation problem here. So let's clear this up.
GoFundMe which initially received donations for these protests decided to confiscate the money and "donate" it to charities of their choosing. In other words, for the benefit of Mentalone and his totalitarian comrades, they attempted to steal it. This you might recall created quite the ruckus and eventually the lefties backed down and returned the money.
The organizers then went to GiveSendGo, a more independent platform and despite not being allowed direct links by Google raised even more money thanks largely to uncensored networks. This platform was then attacked with denial-of-service hacks from malicious actors. (Oooops, sorry I meant Patriotic Defenders Of Democracy) It crashed hard and somehow the data on donors was leaked to the government and then mysteriously to the CBC, which contacted donors under the guise of "doing a story" on the funding. Anyone with an IQ larger than their belt size could see this was a clear attempt at intimidation.
The Right Honorable Chrystia Freeland then announced that the use of online crowd-funding services to support the peaceful petitioning of the Government was an illicit activity, essentially the equivalent of terrorism. She further stated, and I quote; " Our banks and financial institutions are already obligated to report to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Center of Canada or Fintrac. As of today, all of the crowdfunding platforms and the payment service providers they use must register with FINTRAC and they must report suspicious transactions to FINTRAC. This will help mitigate the risk that these platforms receive illicit funds increase the quantity and quality of intelligence received by FINTRAC and make more information available to support investigations by law enforcement into these illegal blockades."

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
The Canadian government has declared that it can freeze anyone's bank account and seize the contents based on the charitable contributions and political beliefs of the account holder. Trudoh in declaring emergency powers allows this without a court order. These actions are political, totalitarian and provide the regime the means thru the control of money and finance to reinforce its power and crush political opposition.
Oh Canada.......

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
No, what Trudeau has done is not in our best interests. Can you imagine what other world Leaders think about Trudeau. They're quite open about ridiculing him and telling him that he's a fascist or a tyrant. Hey, facts matter.... just sayin'
Trudeau has not been well thought of on the world stage for many years.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That doesn't mean democracy is only voting.
Well no shit Sherlock, you're finally catching on. Atta girl.
I don't understand how someone gets to your level of stupid.
Funny shit coming from a rocket scientist who thinks siege and occupation are synonymous. Synonymous means "the same thing" just in case that big word tripped you up.
Please explain it to me with another verbose rant. 🙊
Oh, I've tried to explain things to you quite clearly and succinctly over the years. I've given up trying to have intelligent debates with someone whose IQ hovers just above 0 on the Kelvin scale.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Oh yeah, and woe be to the bank that chooses not to comply with that advice! It seems that we do have a misinformation problem here. So let's clear this up.
GoFundMe which initially received donations for these protests decided to confiscate the money and "donate" it to charities of their choosing. In other words, for the benefit of Mentalone and his totalitarian comrades, they attempted to steal it. This you might recall created quite the ruckus and eventually the lefties backed down and returned the money.
The organizers then went to GiveSendGo, a more independent platform and despite not being allowed direct links by Google raised even more money thanks largely to uncensored networks. This platform was then attacked with denial-of-service hacks from malicious actors. (Oooops, sorry I meant Patriotic Defenders Of Democracy) It crashed hard and somehow the data on donors was leaked to the government and then mysteriously to the CBC, which contacted donors under the guise of "doing a story" on the funding. Anyone with an IQ larger than their belt size could see this was a clear attempt at intimidation.
The Right Honorable Chrystia Freeland then announced that the use of online crowd-funding services to support the peaceful petitioning of the Government was an illicit activity, essentially the equivalent of terrorism. She further stated, and I quote; " Our banks and financial institutions are already obligated to report to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Center of Canada or Fintrac. As of today, all of the crowdfunding platforms and the payment service providers they use must register with FINTRAC and they must report suspicious transactions to FINTRAC. This will help mitigate the risk that these platforms receive illicit funds increase the quantity and quality of intelligence received by FINTRAC and make more information available to support investigations by law enforcement into these illegal blockades."
GoFundMe and GiveSendGo are not Canadian and they did not have to freeze or refund. They chose to.
Perhaps they chose to do that to save their face in light of what could happen to them
And Freeland was right, "they must report suspicious transactions". So, they did.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Trudeau has not been well thought of on the world stage for many years.
His Mr. Dressup routine wasn't cutting it so now he's trying for bad-ass dictator in a pathetic attempt to puff himself up. Ya know, for a guy who majored in Drama (acting) it'd be great if he actually tried acting like a Prime Minister for once. It might be a refreshing change after 6 years of whatever the fuck he's been doing.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
The Canadian government has declared that it can freeze anyone's bank account and seize the contents based on the charitable contributions and political beliefs of the account holder. Trudoh in declaring emergency powers allows this without a court order. These actions are political, totalitarian and provide the regime the means thru the control of money and finance to reinforce its power and crush political opposition.
Oh Canada.......
That whole statement is BS.
Buffy, do you work for Fox News??? LOL

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Did it exist there before they showed up?
Yes it did. As did anarchy, autocracy, water-monopoly dictatorship, theocracy, representative democracy, hereditary monarchy, and every other system you can possibly think of. You can get through a lot of systems when you have several thousand nations, a couple of thousand languages, and 12,000-15,000 years to work with.

My personal favorite was the anarchy of the Lakota. Their supreme law was "no man can tell another what to do." You wanted to lead a hunting party, or a horse-stealing party, or a war party, you said so. If you were know to be a dumb, unskilled, or unlucky warrior, it'd be a war party of one. If you didn't like where Walks Funny put up his tipi, you'd tell him to move it. Maybe he would, maybe he'd tell you to go lead a war party of one. You didn't like it, you could burn his tipi. And if he had more friends than you, he'd burn yours. Or kill you. Social control was provided by the fact that everybody had some friends, and the really badass warriors didn't like their downtime being interrupted by loudmouth squabbling. And would kick your ass. But they wouldn't be dictators, because as I said, they liked their downtime, and dominating other folk is hard work. The system was kept in balance by the fact that if you wanted something done, you did it yourself. And the consequences were all yours. Including getting your ass kicked. Freedom of choice and responsibility for your choices. Perfect communism. Probably not possible in a group larger'n a couple hundred, where everybody knows everybody personally.