Trudeau calls trucker protest an 'insult to truth'

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You two are going to have to share idiot of the year award. Our elected representatives are supposed to work for us. They take our orders to Ottawa or provincial capitals to be carried out, not the other way around.
"Us," sadly, includes more'n just folk that agree with you.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
You two are going to have to share idiot of the year award. Our elected representatives are supposed to work for us. They take our orders to Ottawa or provincial capitals to be carried out, not the other way around.
Your elected representative is not ther leader...they are the MP you voted for. If you voted for the one that didn't get elected, well, it sucks to be you LOL

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Your elected representative is not ther leader...they are the MP you voted for. If you voted for the one that didn't get elected, well, it sucks to be you LOL
Regardless of what party an MP represents, they are supposed to bring our demands to government, not tell us what their party is going to do to us.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, what's incredible is imbeciles who think voting = democracy. North Koreans get to vote. Chinese get to vote. Russians get to vote. However I sincerely doubt ANYONE would confuse those countries with an actual democracy.

The idea that voting is all it takes to make a democracy is kindergarten level of understanding. You need govt accountability and not just at election time. Freedom to protest the govt is another hallmark of a true democracy. In Canada we are batting .333. In baseball that might be a good batting average but for a democracy, it's piss poor.

As for the Emergencies Act, Groper just proved in one fell swoop yet again that he's an anti-Canada racist. The Act prohibits ALL forms of protest while it's in place, except for First Nations and refugees. So to sum up, NON-Canadians can protest in Canada but actual Canadians can't, unless they're First Nations.

Groper and gang are an insult to freedom and democracy.
I really enjoy the days you have a firm grip on the fact that your opinion is not objective truth.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Gin n tonic belched:
No, what's incredible is imbeciles who think voting = democracy. North Koreans get to vote. Chinese get to vote. Russians get to vote. However I sincerely doubt ANYONE would confuse those countries with an actual democracy.

The idea that voting is all it takes to make a democracy is kindergarten level of understanding. You need govt accountability and not just at election time. Freedom to protest the govt is another hallmark of a true democracy. In Canada we are batting .333. In baseball that might be a good batting average but for a democracy, it's piss poor.

As for the Emergencies Act, Groper just proved in one fell swoop yet again that he's an anti-Canada racist. The Act prohibits ALL forms of protest while it's in place, except for First Nations and refugees. So to sum up, NON-Canadians can protest in Canada but actual Canadians can't, unless they're First Nations.

No one thinks democracy is just voting.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Gin n tonic belched:

I do. Democracy is "just voting."

And driving a car is just hopping in and turning it on (I woulda said "turning the key," but these days. . .).

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I do. Democracy is "just voting."

And driving a car is just hopping in and turning it on (I woulda said "turning the key," but these days. . .).

It's sad that he hates democracy though. Everyone's voice was heard here, he's just angry that he's outnumbered.

Have Republicans finally given up the fake election delusion yet?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Gin n tonic belched:

AHEM
No stupid, democracy is that you can and do vote for the people to represent you. Politicians are the ones you voted for...you picked them.... it is your fault if you don't like what they do.

Flossy: It's incredible that people still don't understand this in 2022.

Yep and it's incredible that in a supposed democracy in 2022 there are morons like you who think protesting the govt doesn't belong in a democracy.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
AHEM

Yep and it's incredible that in a supposed democracy in 2022 there are morons like you who think protesting the govt doesn't belong in a democracy.

That doesn't mean democracy is only voting.

I don't understand how someone gets to your level of stupid.

Please explain it to me with another verbose rant. 🙊

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
AHEM

It's not part of "democracy" in the strictest sense. Then again, neither you nor we have nor ever intended to have a system limited to nothing but "democracy."

One could accurately state that the concept of having rights that are not subject to the will of the majority is "un-democratic."

"Democracy," in the sense in which you're using it, is a vague generalization of several libraries worth of information, practices, procedures, legal and social concepts, and customs. All subject to interpretation or misinterpretation according to your opinions or biases.

Calling something "undemocratic" has about as much information value as calling it "unGodly." It's invocation of a magic word when you're too lazy to construct a solid argument.