The world's 10 best sandwiches

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
nothing beats a fur burger with a side of thighs!

just throwin' it out there

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is the ratio right to cancel each other out? Because I'm not a fan of salty bacon but I don't want it sweet either.
It would roughly translate into 2:1 sugar salt. Same with my lox recipe, and so on. Not to mention, you can also change brine times and you don't even need to cure bacon to smoke it or fry it. You can also use maple syrup alone, although it can be pricey.

It's flexible.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Chicken tikka masala butties are nice. You can buy them in shops and supermarkets here.

Cheese and onion flavour Walkers crisps butties are also good, too.

There is nothing, though, NOTHING, which beats a good old British chip butty with plenty of HP brown sauce on.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Funny, nothing in your post would exist without appropriating the foods of other cultures, lol.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Funny, nothing in your post would exist without appropriating the foods of other cultures, lol.

You can say that about all the posts on here.

I was always of the opinion, though, that chicken tikka masala, and the chicken tikka masala butty, were British inventions. And who else, but the British, eats a good old British chip butty with HP brown sauce on it? Do the Frogs and the Yanks eat Walkers crisps butties?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You can say that about all the posts on here.
Don't be silly, no you can't.

I was always of the opinion, though, that chicken tikka masala, and the chicken tikka masala butty, were British inventions. And who else, but the British, eats a good old British chip butty with HP brown sauce on it? Do the Frogs and the Yanks eat Walkers crisps butties?
The poor state of the education system in the UK, just came shining through again.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Don't be silly, no you can't.

Don't be silly. Yes I can.

Why is the chicken tikka masala butty any different from any other butty on this list?

Is the bacon, tomato and fried egg butty a uniquely Canadian thing with no foreign influence at all?

You're a complete head the ball.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Don't be silly. Yes I can.

Why is the chicken tikka masala butty any different from any other butty on this list?

Is the bacon, tomato and fried egg butty a uniquely Canadian thing with no foreign influence at all?

You're a complete head the ball.
Please stop embarrassing what's left of the empire, lol.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Please stop embarrassing what's left of the empire, lol.

You're embarrassing yourself. You seem to forget just what nationality the person was who actually invented the sandwich in the first place.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
LOL, I blame the poor education system in the UK for why you just can't follow along.

The sandwich was invented by John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich (a town in Kent), an 18th-century English aristocrat. It is said that he ordered his valet to bring him meat tucked between two pieces of bread, and others began to order "the same as Sandwich!" It is commonly said that Lord Sandwich was fond of this form of food because it allowed him to continue playing cards, particularly cribbage, while eating, without using a fork, and without getting his cards greasy from eating meat with his bare hands.

So, every time you, over there in Canada, tuck into a sandwich, you are, in fact, eating a British food.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOL, wow, I wasn't aware that the education system in the UK was in this much trouble. I mean I had an idea it was weak, but to this extent, just wow.

Last edited: