The Storm B4 the Calm

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Could you share the context of that statement for us, LL.
I am asking you what "you' think he meant. I am not asking you to ask me to qualify what he said. I am asking you what 'you' think. If you do not wish to answer that is fine.

Motar there can't be an open discussion when you're always in a defensive posture.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I am asking you what "you' think he meant. I am not asking you to ask me to qualify what he said. I am asking you what 'you' think. If you do not wish to answer that is fine.

Motar there can't be an open discussion when you're always in a defensive posture.

I am requesting context, LL.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I am requesting context, LL.
I am requesting an answer to a question. Not a question to a question, but rather , a straight answer to a simple question. The Gentile woman requested his help and he told her, " I only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel." What do you think he meant?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I am requesting an answer to a question. Not a question to a question, but rather , a straight answer to a simple question. The Gentile woman requested his help and he told her, " I only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel." What do you think he meant?

He meant to test her faith to see if it was real, LL. Here is your context:

"Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, 'Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.' Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, 'Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.' He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.' The woman came and knelt before him. 'Lord, help me!' she said. He replied, 'It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.' 'Yes it is, Lord,' she said. 'Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.' Then Jesus said to her, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.' And her daughter was healed at that moment." (Matthew 15:21-28 NIV)

Was Jesus' statement in reply to the woman, the disciples or both, LL?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
He meant to test her faith to see if it was real, LL. Here is your context:

"Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, 'Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.' Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, 'Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.' He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.' The woman came and knelt before him. 'Lord, help me!' she said. He replied, 'It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.' 'Yes it is, Lord,' she said. 'Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.' Then Jesus said to her, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.' And her daughter was healed at that moment." (Matthew 15:21-28 NIV)

Was Jesus' statement in reply to the woman, the disciples or both, LL?
The statement and the lesson was for the disciples. Another question. In the gospel of John, Jesus asks, Simon son of John, do you love me three times. Peter replies yes. You know I love you. Jesus then commands him, then Feed my Sheep. Did Peter feed the sheep Motar?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The statement and the lesson was for the disciples. Another question. In the gospel of John, Jesus asks, Simon son of John, do you love me three times. Peter replies yes. You know I love you. Jesus then commands him, then Feed my Sheep. Did Peter feed the sheep Motar?

Funny you should ask, LL. I am currently in a study of 1 Peter and the discussion included this very matter.

The answer is yes, LL.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The revelation is divided into four visions marked by the presence, power and perspective of "the Spirit":

"On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: 'Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." (Revelation 1:10-11 NIV)

"At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it." (Revelation 4:2 NIV)

"Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns." (Revelation 17:3 NIV)

"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Revelation 21:10 NIV)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The revelation is divided into four visions marked by the presence, power and perspective of "the Spirit":

"On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: 'Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." (Revelation 1:10-11 NIV)

"At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it." (Revelation 4:2 NIV)

"Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns." (Revelation 17:3 NIV)

"And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Revelation 21:10 NIV)
Definitely Christian scripture

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I couldn't be bothered to memorize "scriptures cuz they are mistranslated, misinterpreted gibberish, but I remember something about Jesus reportedly saying something like "you read the scriptures daily for in them you think you find truth (or god or life)." You will never find any of that in the written words. It is only in life that you will find them.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I couldn't be bothered to memorize "scriptures cuz they are mistranslated, misinterpreted gibberish, but I remember something about Jesus reportedly saying something like "you read the scriptures daily for in them you think you find truth (or god or life)." You will never find any of that in the written words. It is only in life that you will find them.

There is some truth to your opinion, Cliffy. There is the revelation of a daily walk with God. Then there is His written disclosure, a plumb line for His personal interactions with men.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is some truth to your opinion, Cliffy. There is the revelation of a daily walk with God. Then there is His written disclosure, a plumb line for His personal interactions with men.
If god were truly a loving and compassionate being it would have provided with a direct link to it's consciousness. I have a direct link. Do you or do you still require intermediaries and books?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
If god were truly a loving and compassionate being it would have provided with a direct link to it's consciousness. I have a direct link. Do you or do you still require intermediaries and books?

Shouldn't your direct link make you a truly loving and compassionate being, Cliffy?