The Storm B4 the Calm

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
So what you're saying is Joshua wrote what Moses could not have written, I'm sure the Deuteronomist writers would like that one.

What I am saying, LL is how essential to the message is the human scribe?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I don't see a whole lot of good messages in the Torah

The Torah is given to Abraham's seed, which I am by faith through the grace of God to me in Christ. The Old Testament is the necessary context and complement to the good news (gospel) of Christ, which is meaningless without the bad news of the law and my inability to keep it. There is one cohesive message woven throughout the Scriptures which is easily missed/misinterpreted when subdivided and separated from the whole. That is why any attempt to pick and choose the parts we like and discard the parts that challenge us results in misunderstanding and misuse.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The Torah is given to Abraham's seed, which I am by faith through the grace of God to me in Christ. The Old Testament is the necessary context and complement to the good news (gospel) of Christ, which is meaningless without the bad news of the law and my inability to keep it. There is one cohesive message woven throughout the Scriptures which is easily missed/misinterpreted when subdivided and separated from the whole. That is why any attempt to pick and choose the parts we like and discard the parts that challenge us results in misunderstanding and misuse.
I don't consider the bible to be a diety

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The word became flesh, however:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made ... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3;14 NIV)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made ... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3;14 NIV)
One of my favorite verses back in the old days. If it be true, why did we need all the other pretenders spewing contradictory teachings.?

The long and short of it Motar, is that I'm probably the biggest admirer of Jesus and his teachings that you'll ever meet. However, those who founded the religion that he never intended, I have no use for.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Another one of Cliffy pseudo philosophical memes...
here's a good one for him....

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

Goes to the creative and restorative power and authority of the word/Word, LL. Whenever the word/Word is posted/presented here, a potent response is invoked.

Two of my favorite verses related to this thread:

"The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, 'It is done!” (Revelation 16:17 NIV)

"He said to me: 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life." (Revelation 21:6 NIV)

The declaration by the angel and "he who was seated on the throne" that "it is done" references both the purgative storm and the ensuing calm.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Goes to the creative and restorative power and authority of the word/Word, LL. Whenever the word/Word is posted/presented here, a potent response is invoked.

Choosing to not respond is a response...

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It looks like you are chastising yourself.

In the sequence of the apocalypse, those of the household of God are tested first:

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:12-17 NIV)

In the first century, the Nicolaitans, those of "the synagogue of Satan who claim to be Jews", and Jezebel are some of those who come against believers in the seven Asian churches. Today, internal infiltration and external persecution effect spiritual refinement among the faithful. Chastisement of the "inhabitants of the earth" is predicted to follow.