The Smoking Gun.........

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
I'm not going to say this is wrong.

I really don't know the true motives of the president and his cabinet.

However, it reads like alot of speculation and offers no conclusive "proof" of any wrong doing.
I mean, the author implies the "group" as the killers of Kenedy. That just seems to hurt his credibility with me.

But on a side note: How to "spin" is politics 101 where ever you go. If something bad happens you ask "How can we turn this around to our advantage". It's a fairly common stratagy in politics.

Anyhow,
W-K

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
well there are a lot of unanswered questions re kennedy....not the least is the question of how come the NZ media released details of the assassination 2 hrs b4 it happened....did someone screw up on the time difference?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Stretch said:
well there are a lot of unanswered questions re kennedy....not the least is the question of how come the NZ media released details of the assassination 2 hrs b4 it happened....did someone screw up on the time difference?

Oh what a fuckup! I dont know what happened there, but they obviously messed up something somewhere! They must have messed up the timezones somewhere ;) IDIOTS!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Stretch,
I'm curious about that NZ factoid. Do you know where I could read an article or something that covers it?
I'll admit my JFK history is not top shelf...but I'd never heard that.
The more credible the source the better. Thanks.
W-K

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
As the world grows and technology allows for the proliferation of more and more information the validity of any and all information becomes more and more questionable.

When every person has a voice we must understand what everyone had before that...a point of view. And with each point of view the "reality" of what has passed and what is passing changes.
Three people can see the same thing. Yet all three can report several different things and in all honesty be telling the "truth" as they know it. Are any of them wrong? Is there one over riding ultimate truth? Even if there is...could any one person see it?

We are leaving the age of "shades of grey" politics. Were we were able to see more than "black and white" policies of nationalism and a small highly controlled peoples with only one voice. To nations with many voices...into the age of "spectrums of greys". A world where we have to compare and contrast to find what is "right" and what is "wrong". Were we must all work harder to discern the "truth" around us...and ironicly, we must do this for ourselves or we are little different than the peasants of mideval europe.

Think, vote, and exercise your brain!
WulF-Krigan

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
voting is fast becoming outdated........and very unreliable, also there's...........

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face
with a conspiracy so monstrous
he cannot believe it exists."
- J. Edgar Hoover

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
voting is fast becoming outdated........and very unreliable

What's really the point in voting. The perspective candidate is only saying what he thinks you want to hear.

Remember Gordon Cambell talking about how his gov't would be the most open and honest? And it's now the most secretive.

I think they should put on the ballots "other" and see how many people vote for that.

According to the Associated Press, Turkey is not looking on with a fond eye the activities of Iraqi Kurds. It would seem the Bush administration hasn't taken into account the effects of "after"

Turkish leaders prepare for possible military intervention in northern Iraq

Associated Press

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) -- Alarmed by an Iraqi Kurdish move into two key northern Iraqi cities, Turkey's leaders on Friday reviewed possible plans to beef up Turkey's military presence in northern Iraq, although Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul said there would be no immediate Turkish move.

Turkey has threatened to send forces into northern Iraq if Iraqi Kurds keep control of the cities of Mosul and Kirkuk. Iraqi Kurdish leaders have said they will resist any Turkish military moves and Washington fears that a Turkish intervention could undermine its war efforts in the north by provoking Turkish-Iraqi Kurdish clashes.

"In the light of new developments, we've reviewed the readiness of our troops, both in northern Iraq and along the border, and reinforcement plans," Gul told reporters. "If needed, we have every kind of plan, but for now we are not taking action. Our sensitivities are clear, any step back is out of question."

Turkey has an estimated 5,000 troops in northern Iraq. Tens of thousands of troops reinforced by tanks, self-propelled howitzers and armoured personnel carriers have long been deployed along the border.

Iraqi Kurdish fighters on Friday entered the commercial hub of Mosul, a day after seizing Kirkuk, a key oil-rich city.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell assured Gul on Thursday that U.S. forces will replace the Kurdish fighters in Kirkuk, and invited Turkey to send military observers to monitor the situation.

Private NTV television said three liaison teams, each including five special forces officers already in the region, will serve in Kirkuk, Mosul and at the U.S. headquarters in the area.

Gul said Friday that U.S. forces had taken control of Kirkuk and the Iraqi Kurdish fighters were leaving the city. He said Turkish liaison teams were expected to reach Kirkuk within an hour.

"They will also withdraw from Mosul in the shortest time," he said.

Turkey has repeatedly said it will not accept Iraqi Kurdish control of Kirkuk or Mosul, fearing it could encourage Iraqi Kurds to form their own state. That, Ankara says, could inspire Turkish Kurdish rebels who fought a 15-year war for autonomy in southeastern Turkey.

Gul spoke after a meeting gathering Turkey's top generals, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and senior intelligence officers.

Kirkuk is one of Iraq's leading oil-producing centres and historically has had a large Kurdish population.

Gul cancelled a scheduled visit to Syria on Sunday due to the tense situation in northern Iraq.

Turkish officials also express deep concern over reported looting at title deed and registry offices by Iraqi Kurdish fighters in Kirkuk.

Turkey has long claimed that an ethnic Turkish group, the Turkoman, made up a majority of the city in the past and fears that Kurds could be trying to cover up evidence of the city's ethnic Turkish past.

"Attempts to change the (demographic) structure of those places are unacceptable," Gul said.

Mustafa Ziya, a representative of the Iraqi National Turkoman Front, accused Iraqi Kurdish fighters of looting the title deed and registry offices with the purpose of "wiping out Turkomans

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Wow yeah... This is a very complicated situation, especially with Iraq's neighbouring countries. Especially Turkey.

For those that don't know, Turkey is not a democratic country. They are, however, wanting to be part of the European Union. With it's past, though, that will be very tough. For years, Turkey has been supressing it's Kurdish population, preventing them from seperating. That's Turkey's fear is seperation. It's completely illegal to even think about seperation in Turkey....

Anyways, enough of my babbling. I have no doubt Turkey will keep fighting the Kurds in the country and aboard to prevent them from making that country even more unstable.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Finding banned weapons now would change nothing really.

Its about Iraqi freedom dont you know! :roll:

To bad their freedoms were crushed by the very country claiming to be liberating them.

Now its Syria that has banned weapons. Well no shit, everyone has known that for a decade, but now of course they are somehow a threat to america.

Bush's new empire - Bushistan.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
czardogs said:
Finding banned weapons now would change nothing really.

Its about Iraqi freedom dont you know! :roll:

To bad their freedoms were crushed by the very country claiming to be liberating them.

Now its Syria that has banned weapons. Well no shit, everyone has known that for a decade, but now of course they are somehow a threat to america.

Bush's new empire - Bushistan.

Once again, I can only agree with you fully. What's the world coming to? I'll tell you... It's a new global government called American colonization. There's not a damn thing anybody can do about it except not to vote for these people!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
voting has nothing to do with it
the only reason we are allowed to vote is to give us a false sense of security...like we have the controling hand??? ya right!!!!!!!!!our vote doesnt mean a damn thing.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Stretch said:
voting has nothing to do with it
the only reason we are allowed to vote is to give us a false sense of security...like we have the controling hand??? ya right!!!!!!!!!our vote doesnt mean a damn thing.

Sadly this is the truth. Look at the faces in the American Congress and Senate and you will see the men and women who spent the most to win. Most are incumbants as well.

Its clear to see that those with the most to spend also are the ones with their hands the deepest in the corporations pockets. Is that the democracy that the American founding fathers had envisioned? Hardly! They would be rolling in their graves.

Also lets not forget a couple of things. Only 40% of eligable Americans bother to vote - the lowest turnout in the democratic world! Second - you dont even need a majority to win! See George Dubya"I am not a moran" Bush.

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
You can still vote and you should still vote it makes a lot of difference if you vote, maybe then the libbies shouldnt get power.