The Official Contempt for Alberta Thread

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
My question still stands... What direct and tangible experience do you have in judging what are 'reasonable' regulations?

Much like the watery phrase of 'fair share', is a continually moving target

Of course things are a moving target.

But we begin to learn about minimum standards for things like wages, for example.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
And that's precisely why there needs to be an international standard.
How about we stick to pipelines, and leave you communist pipedreams at the door.

I've listened to you whine about going off topic and red herrings just one to many times.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Ya beat me to it Bear

Of course things are a moving target.

But we begin to learn about minimum standards for things like wages, for example.

Ok, min wage is a good example. It too is a moving target relative to the economy of the time in addition to the location/region of where the individual resides.

Interestingly enough, as the economy swings, I have never seen the min wage adjusted downwards to a lower economy - it only moves upwards.

Regardless, I will again ask the question: How are you experienced in determining 'reasonable' regulations and what's not to say that they are already in place?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So now you want globalism?

Make up your mind.

Wages should definitely be regulated on an international basis.

It would prevent one of the most harmful aspects of the free market, which is giving competitive advantage to a state that makes its citizens slaves while others that actually adhere to human rights standards suffer financially.

It would move U.S. and EU demand for manufacturing goods from Mexico to Canada, for instance.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Der Leader told him they aren't enough.

... And this is the conception of how gvt grows in size.

.. There was a (fill in the blank here)... The public demands that a Blue Ribbon, Royal Commission be established to engage a fact finding mission to understand the tragedy.

Multiple the above with all of the ails bombarding society, and we transform into a nation of fact finding Committees that studies everything and gets nothing done

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... And this is the conception of how gvt grows in size.

.. There was a (fill in the blank here)... The public demands that a Blue Ribbon, Royal Commission be established to engage a fact finding mission to understand the tragedy.

Multiple the above with all of the ails bombarding society, and we transform into a nation of fact finding Committees that studies everything and gets nothing done
And we have Greece.

Hence why we should never allow the NDP or the Liberals to control the country.

I will give Ontario as a prime example. With over 50% of the provincial budget allotted for labour.

F@cking ridiculous.