The More We Learn, the More Stupid We Become

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The people have remained the same and we are better off then we were in 59, even grandpa and grandma would agree. Heck they would know i wasnt around in 59

Grandpa and grandma very likely would not have been around if this was 1959, Johnnny. Life expectancy 50 years ago was a lot less than it is today.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But if you choose to, it just reinforces the slave statement, and yours about being saddled with debt that we didn't make, or ask for.

No it doesn't. It just says participating in society beats the alternative. If you don't want to participate, don't.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Everything was bliss and harmony, everyone lived forever, and everybody loved each other. There were no crimes, and everyone was perfect.

Don't forget that everyone's farts smelled like daisies and every house had a tree that grew gumdrops and licorice.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
my grandfolks are 70+

dont believe everything you read

Johnny, life expectancy in Canada in 1960 was 71.13 years, today it is 81 years. So unless your grandfolks lived longer than average, and had a good medical health insurance coverage (there was no universal health care in those days), chances are they would not have been alive in 1959 (as grandfolks).

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Then you need to control it by not focusing on the doom & gloom 24/7. :) As I said, there are bright patches in the clouds where the sun does poke through.

I don't focus on doom and gloom, I read about it, I ponder it, and then I go on a mission to find a way around it.

besides, I just got new Linux installed and vbox with 4 other OS's running... I don't have time for doom and gloom I got tinkerin' to do

lol

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Johnny, life expectancy in Canada in 1960 was 71.13 years, today it is 81 years. So unless your grandfolks lived longer than average, and had a good medical health insurance coverage (there was no universal health care in those days), chances are they would not have been alive in 1959 (as grandfolks).

The people who did manage to live long lives in '59 were probably healthier than a lot of folks today who are hooked up to tubes and wires and a regiman of drugs. I guess the burning question is what do you prefer, quality of life or quantity of life?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Probably a lot to do with our better lifestyle and living conditions.

Absolutely right- for a people who choose to live a better lifestyle, it was on the news recently that by age 14, one out of six kids has high blood pressure and one out of seven has high cholesterol and the current generation will be the first in history that will have a shorter lifespan than their parents.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
You say you aren't participating yet here you are using the internet to chit chat. You would do well not to treat people like they are idiots.

ffs... It is really hard to resist treating people like an idiot when the people can't stay on one topic.

participating in society, not a forum on the internet, big difference.

Just because I don't believe in certain things about society doesn't mean I'm not allowed to talk to the people.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
ffs... It is really hard to resist treating people like an idiot when the people can't stay on one topic.

participating in society, not a forum on the internet, big difference.

No there isn't. You seem to want to pick and choose what is and isn't part of society. The simple fact is, you are participating in society whether you wish to accept it or not.

Just because I don't believe in certain things about society doesn't mean I'm not allowed to talk to the people.

You stated you weren't participating in society. That was obviously a lie. What else have you been untruthful about I wonder.