The Great Big Gay Marriage Lie

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
It looks like it’s up to our elected to see if equality is for all. As for the argument that it will lead to polygamy, that doesn’t hold up. We are talking about two people getting married, not more. No one has to marry them if they don’t want to. I’m a straight man who will be marrying my girlfriend of 6 years soon, and I don’t feel that our traditional marriage will be lessened, or be in danger because of gay marriages. I really don’t understand the argument against it.
Polygamy, literally many marriages in ancient Greek, is a marital practice in which a person has more than one spouse simultaneously (as opposed to monogamy where each person has a maximum of one spouse at any one time). The term is often used in a de facto sense, applying regardless of whether such marriages are legally recognised.
What does this have to do with gay marriage?

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
It looks like it’s up to our elected to see if equality is for all. As for the argument that it will lead to polygamy, that doesn’t hold up. We are talking about two people getting married, not more. No one has to marry them if they don’t want to. I’m a straight man who will be marrying my girlfriend of 6 years soon, and I don’t feel that our traditional marriage will be lessened, or be in danger because of gay marriages. I really don’t understand the argument against it.
Polygamy, literally many marriages in ancient Greek, is a marital practice in which a person has more than one spouse simultaneously (as opposed to monogamy where each person has a maximum of one spouse at any one time). The term is often used in a de facto sense, applying regardless of whether such marriages are legally recognised.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
peapod said:
I am not playing your dumb ass game anymore...you no longer exist! thank you.

Hah...how'd you like them bananas... :p

Apparently I don't exist any longer. I don't know how to feel about them....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
peapod said:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
peapod said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm a mammal. A rather good looking one at that.

Maybe I can fix you up with my second cousin, Jay. He's a mammal who believes he's good looking too. Oh, and he's rich...has a John Deere dealership. A real catch. You'll like him. I'm not sure about the colour of his banana though. :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Maybe I can fix you up with my second cousin, Jay. He's a mammal who believes he's good looking too. Oh, and he's rich...has a John Deere dealership. A real catch. You'll like him. I'm not sure about the colour of his banana though. :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said:

I'm interested. If he owns a John Deere dealership, I'm betting his banana is green. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said:

I'm interested. If he owns a John Deere dealership, I'm betting his banana is green. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said: