The garden

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I just learned this not too long ago but to post pictures I used photobucket.com. You upload the pictures there and then just copy and paste the url in here and just like magic the picture appears!
The only thing is that if you remove the picture from photobucket then the picture disappears here as well.

I also think posting pictures is a good idea. I love to see what others have done with their gardens. Unfortunately it may take a couple years for my garden to actually start looking like a garden! lol :lol:

OK, I'll try the photobucket thing again, I did use them a while back, but I think
it needs refreshing, as it doesn't work like it did before. I'll just re register as
though I haven't done it before, and start over.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
OK, I'll try the photobucket thing again, I did use them a while back, but I think
it needs refreshing, as it doesn't work like it did before. I'll just re register as
though I haven't done it before, and start over.

You don't even have to click on the 'Insert Image' option above. At Photobucket, just click on the picture you uploaded, and then right-click the mouse over the picture and choose 'copy'. Then, when you get to your post, choose 'paste'. Voila! Your picture will be here.:smile:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You don't even have to click on the 'Insert Image' option above. At Photobucket, just click on the picture you uploaded, and then right-click the mouse over the picture and choose 'copy'. Then, when you get to your post, choose 'paste'. Voila! Your picture will be here.:smile:

Okay dockay, i'll give it a try tomorrow.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I put some early potatoes in this morning, I dig trenches, put a little bone meal at
the bottom scratch the soil around to lightly cover meal. I cut potatoes two days
ago, so that raw parts will dry over, as this prevents desease when in the ground.
Lay them in the ground 'eye' side up, and cover with a very thin layer of soil, and
as the potatoes grow, continue covering with extra soil , and keep
them heeled up at the sides so that they have soil all around them up high.

If you have lots of extra soil, no need for trenches, I do that so I have lots of
soil to pull over them as they grow.

When cutting them, make sure you have at least 3 eyes on each piece, or more.

HAPPY GARDENING, it's beautiful here today, going to work on my tan, very
carefully, I love the sun, don't like hiding from it, but I do it sensibly, a little at
a time, with a good lotion, not always sunscreen, as the sun is good for the skin,
just don't overdo.
We need lots of that vitamin D, as in the north, we don't have nearly have enough of it year round.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Happy gardening indeed!

Here are a couple pictures of my seedings so far. I didn't get the lights up soon enough so some of the toms are a bit leggy, but still seem to be doing alright.
I also have impatiens, bacopa, delphiniums, petunias, marigolds, echinachea, astible, zinnia, peppers, cucs, and squash all going.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Great looking greenhouse, indeed.
If, when you plant your tomatoes outdoors, they are 'leggy', lay them sideways along a trench, then turn the top up above the ground, they will sprout lots of
new shoots along the branch.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hazmart, are those marijuana plants I see in the third picture from the top?;-):lol::p

(Nice looking plants, though. Nice and green!:smile:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
How's everyone's garden doing now that we have growing weather, and 'heat'.

Mine is growing great now, corn shooting up, beans are up and growin, carrotts,
squash, salads and onions, and some early potatoes.
I've got a few blueberry plants, lots of flowers, and some potted strawberries, lots
of flowers and new berries, the heavy work is over and now it's fun time, watching
everything grow.

I hate this heat though, the ocean is very inviting, every day, at least there is
a little breeze blowing out there.