The Chosen People of God!?

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
God chose the Children of Israel, i.e. the progeny of Jacob son of Isaac, son of Abraham: the 'Loyal Friend of God'.
Then God chose the family of Imram: Jesus Christ the son of Mary the daughter of Imram; i.e. He chose the Christian nation.
Then God chose the Muslim people: they are the sons of Abraham through his son Ishmael and his followers: the Muslims.

The true thing about this choosing
The illusion of generations about this choosing.

Time now is of the sunset prayer and then the breakfast in Ramadan.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The Israelite as the Chosen People of God
God - be glorified - guides anyone He pleases to guide: being a good-doer and kind-hearted, and He misguides anyone whom He likes to misguide: being a wrong-doer, a transgressor and wicked.
Therefore, He guided the Children of Israel in the past: to be His devoted servants: to worship Him alone without associating anyone else with Him, and He made covenants with them: to be with them as long as they are with Him.
This is the meaning of the Chosen People of God: and He preferred them to other peoples in the past with much blessing, as long as they were with Him.
But they broke their covenants with Him and worshiped the idols and the stars of the sky.
So He sent them many messengers to warn them of the idolatry, but they disobeyed and insisted on their wrong-doing and idolatry.
Then He sent them Jesus Christ: an angel that came down from heaven and entered the fetus in the womb of Virgin Mary.. but they disobeyed him in spite of that he invited them to the First Commandment in the first place.
Therefore, God discarded the Children of Israel, and they are no longer His chosen people.

The early Christians as the Chosen People of God
And then God chose Jesus Christ, his mother and the disciple and people who followed them in the past to be His chosen people.
But later they fell into dissension and started to worship the messenger Jesus himself as a son of God or as God Himself or as a part in Trinity.
This was in spite of that the First Commandment says clearly that God is One not three, and the Christ called himself the son of man.
Therefore, God sent Prophet Mohammed to warn mankind against the idolatry and the wrong-doing.

Prophet Mohammed and the early Muslims as the Chosen People of God
Mohammed - salam to him - broke the idols and the built tombs and invited people to worship God alone, so those who believed in him and followed him were the Chosen People of God, and they will be so as long as they commit themselves to worship God alone without associate, and say: No god except God alone with no associate with Him.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The illusion of the Israelite about their preference by God
They thought that they would be the Chosen People of God whatever they do or commit or wrong others.. while it was clearly stated that if they associate with Him anyone or anything then God will not keep to His covenant with them.. this is clearly in the Book of Leviticus, chapter 26.
This is like what Satan deemed that whatever he might do, God might not punish him.
While the idolatry is a red line that should not be crossed by anyone even though he might be a prophet or a high rank angel.

Quran 2: 80-82, which means:
(80. And the [Jewish scholars] say, 'We will not be punished in [Hell] Fire more than several days [: seven days only.] a.'
Say [Mohammed to these Jews]: 'Have you taken a covenant with God [that He will not chastise you more than seven days]; for God breaks not His covenant [if He covenants with anyone]?
Or do you say concerning God [mere assumptions and wishes], about which you do not know [any real truth]?'

81. No b,[they will be punished in Hell Fire] c , and whosoever earns a sin, and his guilt surrounds him d; such e are the fellows of the Fire; they will abide therein [forever.]

82. And those who believe [in God and in His messenger Mohammed], and work righteous work, they will be the people of Paradise in which to abide forever.)

See the detailed explanation of these great ayat here:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
There were people chosen by God before the Israelite and after them:

[The Jews said: We are the Chosen People of God: God chose us to worship Him, so how can we believe in you, Mohammed, and follow a religion other than our religion?
Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

Quran 3: 33, which means:
(God chose Adam, Noah a, Abraham's family b and Amram's family c above all nations d,)
..................................................................................................................................................................

a before you, and you are not the first people whom God chose to worship Him.

b i.e. and He chose the progeny of Abraham and their followers; and Mohammed is of the seed of Abraham, therefore you should follow him and believe in him; and God chose Muslims also to worship Him, and they are the Children of Abraham because they believed Mohammed while you denied him, and they believed in him and you disbelieved, and they obeyed him and you disobeyed Moses your prophet and they worshipped God alone while you associated others with Him.
God – be glorified – said in the Quran 22: 78
([It is] the religion of your father Abraham; he –aforetime – named you Muslims [: who comply to God.])
So Muslims are the Children of Abraham.

c i.e. and He chose, after you, the family of Amram: they were Meriam daughter of Amram (mother of the Christ), and her son the Christ, and those who followed him in his time and worked according to his program.

d It means: God chose all these on all people in their time: so the family of Amram are Christians: God chose them in the time of Jesus; and the family of Abraham are Muslims: God chose them over all people in the time of Mohammed.

While you, Jews, associated with God, disobeyed, contradicted and worshipped the calf in the time of your prophet Moses, worshipped the Baal, Astaroth and the star Sirius after him, and you killed the prophets and the preachers; therefore, God refused you and chose others instead of you.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Jews and Muslims quarreled about their outcome in the Next Life:

[Some Jewish men and some Muslim men boasted to each other; the Jews said: "We are the chosen people of God, and God will forgive us whatever sins we may commit."
While the Muslims said: "No, but it is we to whom God will forgive our sins, because we have believed in God and His messenger Mohammed, while you disbelieved in him."
Therefore, this aya was revealed, which means:]

(Quran 4:123. It is not according to your vain desires [O Muslims], nor the vain desires of the people of the Bible [: Jews and Christians];
but anyone who does evil shall be punished accordingly, and shall not find for himself apart from God any patron or helper.
)

See the detailed explanation of this great aya here:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Claiming to be part of the 'only people chosen by God' is a great way to isolate your people from the world and make them feel special, if not superior.

Every Pantheon of Gods have their 'chosen'; ironic how it's usually the ones that worship them the most...

Saying the Muslim, the Christian or the Jew are the chosen of "God" is like saying the Greeks were the chosen of Zeus, the Vikings the chosen of Odin.

It's a "no duh" thing.

Meanwhile it's funny that far as I know the Native Americans have no "Chosen" status for their people regardless when it comes to the Creator. They may have specific Tribal spirits or totems they look to, but overall, the Creator - God - does not Choose one specific group over another.

I kind'a like that concept.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Claiming to be part of the 'only people chosen by God' is a great way to isolate your people from the world and make them feel special, if not superior.

Every Pantheon of Gods have their 'chosen'; ironic how it's usually the ones that worship them the most...

Saying the Muslim, the Christian or the Jew are the chosen of "God" is like saying the Greeks were the chosen of Zeus, the Vikings the chosen of Odin.

It's a "no duh" thing.

Meanwhile it's funny that far as I know the Native Americans have no "Chosen" status for their people regardless when it comes to the Creator. They may have specific Tribal spirits or totems they look to, but overall, the Creator - God - does not Choose one specific group over another.

Couple of thousand cultures. Several hundred religions. Somehow in 15,000 years we never quite got around to getting a holy war on.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…….

(Quran 4:123. It is not according to your vain desires [O Muslims], nor the vain desires of the people of the Bible [: Jews and Christians];
but anyone who does evil shall be punished accordingly, …..
[/URL]
So, in Your words, how do you define, “anyone who does evil shall be punished accordingly,” with respect to a definition of what is evil?

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
So, in Your words, how do you define, “anyone who does evil shall be punished accordingly,” with respect to a definition of what is evil?
In this aya, it is explained that whether the man is a Muslim or a Jew or else: he will be punished according to his sins.
And it is not merely belonging to the Islam religion, and he associates the imams and sheikhs with God, and he commits many sins and does not repent .. and that he will be admitted to Paradise in heaven as they deem!? No, of course.

E.g. an advertisement for a job: they require the university level.. so this is essential: anyone having no university license will not be accepted.
But then the preference will be according to the experience and other qualities.

Therefore, if a Muslim believing in God as One and in all the prophets and messengers of God .. he has the essential requirement.

Then this man should avoid sins and repent if he commits any sin or disobedience.. but if this Muslim commits sins and does not repent and increases the sins exceedingly and wrongs others and especially if he falls in the idolatry of glorifying the imams and sheikhs .. then he will be punished in the Next Life.

While other non-Muslims, they have not the essential requirement, and in the Next Life they will lose and will be punished according to their sins.. because they associated with God and they disregarded the messenger whom God sent, and disregarded the Quran which God revealed... they are exactly like those who had denied Moses and Jesus before.

If we contemplate the aya: it does not tell that anyone doing good will be rewarded: because the atheist, the idolater and disbeliever will not be rewarded for their good work, but their good work will be useless: because they have not the essential requirement.
So the aya tells; that anyone does the bad works or sins will be punished accordingly whether he be a Muslim or non-Muslim.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
My translation of the word in the aya was not clear: the aya says: anyone who does "bad work" will be punished according to that bad work.
This bad work includes the sins, the disobedience, wronging others, and the association with God: the idolatry is the worst of sins.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

It's a "no duh" thing.

Anyone guided to the monotheism and the 'exclusive devotion to God' and believing in all God's messengers without denying anyone of them ... then such one is chosen by God for His guidance.
It does not mean the preference to other races or to be superior to others which is the creed of Satan who acquired a self-conceit and seeing himself a chief of angels, he refused to obey God and bow down to Adam.
While Prophet Solomon son of David, when he saw his tremendous and excellent kingdom, he said: this is only the favor of my Lord to examine me to see will I be grateful or ungrateful... and he did not say: I deserve this kingdom because I am preferred by God, but only according to His grace and favor,

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The illusion of Christians
They think that Jesus Christ came to redeem them of the primary sin of Adam, by which he was driven out of the Garden.
While this is a wrong creed: none may bear the sin of others.
The Christ cannot and none else can redeem anyone unless this one repents from his sins and asks God to forgive him.
Therefore, many people with such creed will keep committing sins and thinking that they are redeemed and will not be punished.

Such illusion is also among Jews, Muslims: Sunni and Shia and other religious sects.
Many Muslims believe that Mohammed has the 'greatest intercession' by which they will be admitted to Paradise in the Next Life.
Shia think that Imam Ali will spread out his arms and take his Shia leading them to Paradise.

While the Quran tells things different than this: as in the Quran 82: 19, which means:
([That is] the day when no soul can control any [intercession] for any soul; for on that day the authority will [absolutely] be God's [authority.])

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Couple of thousand cultures. Several hundred religions. Somehow in 15,000 years we never quite got around to getting a holy war on.
Totem worshipers and other idolaters will lose in the Next Life, unless they refrain from their idolatry, and believe in God as One God and in His Quran revealed to Mohammed.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Anyone guided to the monotheism and the 'exclusive devotion to God' and believing in all God's messengers without denying anyone of them ... then such one is chosen by God for His guidance.
It does not mean the preference to other races or to be superior to others which is the creed of Satan who acquired a self-conceit and seeing himself a chief of angels, he refused to obey God and bow down to Adam.
While Prophet Solomon son of David, when he saw his tremendous and excellent kingdom, he said: this is only the favor of my Lord to examine me to see will I be grateful or ungrateful... and he did not say: I deserve this kingdom because I am preferred by God, but only according to His grace and favor,

Think you missed the point by trying to read too much into it.
Totem worshipers and other idolaters will lose in the Next Life, unless they refrain from their idolatry, and believe in God as One God and in His Quran revealed to Mohammed.

According to your religion, ANYONE who doesn't follow the Quran will lose.

That does not mean it's truth.

Because your version of God is YOUR version of God and it is not the same as anyone else's. As it is, pretty sure there are other Muslims who would say YOU are going to hell because YOU are wrong in your interpretations of the Quran.

That's why it's called "Faith".

But it's also why you should take your Faith and keep it to yourself as your beliefs and faith are yours, not mine or anyone else's.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…Such illusion is also among Jews, Muslims: Sunni and Shia and other religious sects.
Oh?
Many Muslims believe that Mohammed has the 'greatest intercession' by which they will be admitted to Paradise in the Next Life.
Shia think that Imam Ali will spread out his arms and take his Shia leading them to Paradise.

While the Quran tells things different than this: as in the Quran 82: 19, which means:
([That is] the day when no soul can control any [intercession] for any soul; for on that day the authority will [absolutely] be God's [authority.])
Ah, so the Shia have lost the faith lottery along with the Jews, etc…that’s telling.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Think you missed the point by trying to read too much into it.

According to your religion, ANYONE who doesn't follow the Quran will lose.

That does not mean it's truth.

Because your version of God is YOUR version of God and it is not the same as anyone else's. As it is, pretty sure there are other Muslims who would say YOU are going to hell because YOU are wrong in your interpretations of the Quran.

That's why it's called "Faith".

But it's also why you should take your Faith and keep it to yourself as your beliefs and faith are yours, not mine or anyone else's.
I am not obliging you to believe or not; I only tell the truth, and it is your responsibility with God.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Quran 6: 116, which means:
(If you obey most of those [people] on earth [in their opinions], they will misguide [and divert] you from God's way [because they are associaters] d; they only follow conjecture e and they only insist on their lies.)
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

d And each sect have their own doctrine of falsehood different from the other sect, and each one of them invites you to his own religion and creed.
e About their creeds, without referring and holding fast with any heavenly book.

While the truth is to resort to God as One God and to discard the idolatry and the atheism and to believe in all God's messengers including Jesus and Mohammed and to believe in all God's revelations including the Torah of Moses, the Gospel of Jesus and the Quran revealed to Prophet Mohammed.