• Invade it first, then adopt it..

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Just as a Territory

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There are many uninhabited islands in the Caribbean and a few countries that don't have much money. Instead of taking over a current country, which will never happen, we should pay a country for an uninhabited island and make it a territory of Canada. It wouldn't have to be too big, enough for a few hotels and beach areas.

And annexing the Turks and Caicos will not be as straightforward as some Canadians believe. That's because Britain is responsible for the islands' defence.

That means that, should Canada invade those islands, Britain will have a duty to kick you off the islands just like it did with the Argentines in the Falklands - another British Overseas Territory - in 1982.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
And annexing the Turks and Caicos will not be as straightforward as some Canadians believe. That's because Britain is responsible for the islands' defence.

That means that, should Canada invade those islands, Britain will have a duty to kick you off the islands just like it did with the Argentines in the Falklands - another British Overseas Territory - in 1982.

And I haven't heard a thing about TCI wanting us. Let's forget about them and buy an empty island.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
So for the average joe, no benifit but higher tax burden for those equalization payments. Good benifit if you are rich or looking for a warm climate to retire. Am I missing a benifit for Canada?

well, for one, we'll get to assume their debt!

they could sink one of our submarines there (on purpose, or, well, you know, just because) and have an underwater dive park for the tourists.

:?P

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Is this simply because you want a vacation spot?

Personally, I would like to see Canada have their spot in the sun. No need to go to Florida to vacation, or California.. Canada would have it's own spot, under Canadian rule of law.

Personally, Belize fit's my bill for a vacation spot. English speaking, Latin women, Commonwealth Law and stable Government, Belize dollar pegged at 50% of the USD.

Used to be able to buy Belize citizenship for $50,000 USD but that ship has sailed. Guess wife #4 will work. LOL However was looking for an Australian for #4.. had 1 Mexican and 2 US Citizens.. seems every time a visit a country a bring back more than a souvenir. ;-)

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
If Canada annexes the Turks and Caicos islands then Britain should annex the Republic of Ireland.

Good luck with that! How did it work out the first time?

Is this simply because you want a vacation spot?

No, we already own Arizona and Florida.

And Bermuda. Bermuda is begging us to take them over from the British.

I don't sleep with bananas.

Please. I have some standards. ;)

Just with bad apples?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Personally, I would like to see Canada have their spot in the sun. No need to go to Florida to vacation, or California.. Canada would have it's own spot, under Canadian rule of law.

What about Disney World! The Daytona 500! Spring Break for chilly Canadian Co-Eds! ;)