Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Tesla to $10,000 share? This billionaire market bull is banking on it

‘There’s 10 times more to go.’
That’s billionaire investor Ron Baron, in a CNBC interview on Tuesday, going full bull on his big position in Tesla TSLA, -1.52% as the stock approaches $1,000 a share.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...stock-market-bull-is-banking-on-it-2020-06-09

“I told you a long time ago that I thought we would make 20 times our money in Tesla,” Baron went on to explain. “So far, we’ve made four times. I now think we’re gonna make double or triple again over the next five years and double or triple again over the next five years.”

Baron’s investment firm holds 1.6 million shares of Tesla at an average cost of $219.02 each, according to Baron Capital data cited in the CNBC story. He said he’s looking to add to his Tesla stake, which is currently valued at $1.5 billion as of Monday’s closing level.

Baron’s portfolio is up 8% to 9% this year, CNBC reported, and he’s adding to his positions in several companies in the belief that the market is in good shape going forward. At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -3.26% and S&P 500 SPX, -2.57% were trading lower while the Nasdaq Composite COMP, -1.57% was in the green.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Up 9.5% today, double that of Tesla.
Let's see now

CVE started the week at $7.50 and is now at $6.12

TSLA started the week at $912 and is now at $973

It's almost as if the best EV company on Earth is doing better than a giant oil sands company!

Who would ever have guessed?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Let's see now
CVE started the week at $7.50 and is now at $6.12
TSLA started the week at $912 and is now at $973
It's almost as if the best EV company on Earth is doing better than a giant oil sands company!
Who would ever have guessed?

How have your shares performed?

....oh yeah, I forgot.

Sounds like you missed an opportunity.

Buy some now before they reach 10,000.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Oil is up Tesla is down and still not paying dividends. Sure must suck when you bet the farm wrong.

Sure.

But if you had purchased Tesla earlier this year you would have more than doubled your money assuming you sell.

Hoid doesn’t listen to his own advice.

Tesla rising to 1500 per share is probable by the end of the year.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I bought 5 gallons of Shell's finest when it was $0.87. Thinking of selling now that is $1.24. Nice profit and no middleman or income tax. What retard said oil is dead?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Tesla to $10,000 share? This billionaire market bull is banking on it

‘There’s 10 times more to go.’
That’s billionaire investor Ron Baron, in a CNBC interview on Tuesday, going full bull on his big position in Tesla TSLA, -1.52% as the stock approaches $1,000 a share.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...stock-market-bull-is-banking-on-it-2020-06-09

“I told you a long time ago that I thought we would make 20 times our money in Tesla,” Baron went on to explain. “So far, we’ve made four times. I now think we’re gonna make double or triple again over the next five years and double or triple again over the next five years.”

Baron’s investment firm holds 1.6 million shares of Tesla at an average cost of $219.02 each, according to Baron Capital data cited in the CNBC story. He said he’s looking to add to his Tesla stake, which is currently valued at $1.5 billion as of Monday’s closing level.

Baron’s portfolio is up 8% to 9% this year, CNBC reported, and he’s adding to his positions in several companies in the belief that the market is in good shape going forward. At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -3.26% and S&P 500 SPX, -2.57% were trading lower while the Nasdaq Composite COMP, -1.57% was in the green.

"Ten times more to go" says the big shot investor!

And the guy seems to want to make a BIG BUZZ over Tesla?

Maybe because HE WANTS TO UNLOAD the Tesla stock he is DISAPPOINTED IN?

Even Elon Musk has indicated Tesla stock will NOT be high value any time soon!

That is what his "rough road ahead" statement means!

Poor hemerHOID - he is SO CONFUSED - he probably thinks the "rough road ahead" remark means Tesla

is going to build and electric TOY 4 x 4 for off road use!

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
"Ten times more to go" says the big shot investor!
And the guy seems to want to make a BIG BUZZ over Tesla?
Maybe because HE WANTS TO UNLOAD the Tesla stock he is DISAPPOINTED IN?
Even Elon Musk has indicated Tesla stock will NOT be high value any time soon!
That is what his "rough road ahead" statement means!
Poor hemerHOID - he is SO CONFUSED - he probably thinks the "rough road ahead" remark means Tesla
is going to build and electric TOY 4 x 4 for off road use!

The Tesla Semi is about to begin production.

Share prices could be $1500 by years end.

There will be many sad faces around here if that happens.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
The Tesla Semi is about to begin production.

Share prices could be $1500 by years end.

There will be many sad faces around here if that happens.

Since it is an event that Avro has dreamed up........IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!

Poor Avro! He thinks there are enough rich people in the world to indulge the Tesla Twit INDEFINITELY!

Musk HAS NOT MADE A PENNY selling his electric TOY cars and now he wants to double down

and build pickup trucks and tractor trailers!

The ability of Tesla to SURVIVE AT ALL is highly dependent on getting GOVT GRANTS!

And our dead broke govt IS STONY BROKE!

Thus NO MORE GRANTS for Tesla! And not much future either!

Tesla is looking ever more like a poorly run PONZI SCHEME!

Elon Musk is NOT a business person - he is merely a jumped up MECHANIC

who likes to tinker with gadgets and has figured out how to get others to BUY THEM for him!

TILL THE MONEY RUNS OUT - as it is RAPIDLY DOING!

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Since it is an event that Avro has dreamed up........IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!
Poor Avro! He thinks there are enough rich people in the world to indulge the Tesla Twit INDEFINITELY!
Musk HAS NOT MADE A PENNY selling his electric TOY cars and now he wants to double down
and build pickup trucks and tractor trailers!
The ability of Tesla to SURVIVE AT ALL is highly dependent on getting GOVT GRANTS!
And our dead broke govt IS STONY BROKE!
Thus NO MORE GRANTS for Tesla! And not much future either!
Tesla is looking ever more like a poorly run PONZI SCHEME!
Elon Musk is NOT a business person - he is merely a jumped up MECHANIC
who likes to tinker with gadgets and has figured out how to get others to BUY THEM for him!
TILL THE MONEY RUNS OUT - as it is RAPIDLY DOING!

Didn’t I see you in silence of the lambs.

Miggs is it?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Didn’t I see you in silence of the lambs.

Miggs is it?

No..........you did not see me in Silence of the Lambs!

And no I am not Miggs................whoever that is!

Miggs is apparently part of some other delusion you are suffering throught that you have not yet described on this site!

Incidentally - Tesla got $4.7 BILLION DOLLARS in gifts and grants from the Nevada State govt to build their Gigafactory

in that state! So how much govt gravy will they by trying to SUCK UP in order to build their new truck plant?

And if - as seems likely - govt is TOO BROKE and the Tesla fiscal record TOO POOR - govt WILL NOT supply the gravy

for the electric Toy maker!

The electric Toy making Emperor is EXPOSED and has no clothes!

And the wheels are falling off his dream of a world dominated by electric TOYS!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A panicking Elon rallys the troops by email.

For many reasons, a great deal of Tesla execution worldwide is packed into the final week of the quarter. It is very important that we go all out through end of June 30 to ensure a good outcome. Wouldn’t bring this up if not very important.

Thanks Elon