Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
NOAA isnt as obtuse and admits to flatline from 98-14 Increases werent zero but damn close enough.
During that period did CO2 rise exponentially?
Why is Antarctic gaing as well?
NEWS | November 5, 2015
Study: Mass gains of Antarctic ice sheet greater than losses
By Maria-José Viñas,
NASA's Earth Science News Team
A new NASA study says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers.
The research challenges the conclusions of other studies, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) 2013 report, which says that Antarctica is overall losing land ice.
According to the new analysis of satellite data, the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008.
I dont think Tesla is a textile company and does little if any dying.

What's ganing? Is that some sort of gang bang they do in SK?

Anywhoooo, we are talking about Greenland correct?

Or have we moved on?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So it's shrinking then.....right?
I haven't even mentioned CO2.....
Just looking at temperature rise, if we can't agree on that, then what's the point of the why?
I don't care for the cap and trade system and in fact I don't even have an agenda. Use fossil fuels, build the pipeline and find efficiencies where possible I don't really care. I'd like to have an electric car one day and if you don't it doesn't bother me at all.
If you had bought a 1000 shares of Tesla a month ago you'd have made 200 grand. I would have but I don't have that kind of scratch.;-)
You mentioned my graph showing a doubling of CO2 during the flatline.

Yes, Greenland ice is cyclical and all without CO2 and at present experiencing positive gains.

Water vapour and changes to land use are excellent drivers of warming. More powerful than CO2.

Ag has done a 360 in the past 40 years. We are growing a shitload more far more efficiently. This is done without the half the land sitting in summer fallow All done without disturbing soil cultures(unless you're "organic"). More crops has created a major jump in vapour, but at the same time became net O2 producers.

In the past 30 years we've seen the industrialization of China,India and 2 Billion more people on the planet but for some odd reason, no bell curve, no ice free arctic, antarica gaing all while doubling CO2.

The scam is losing credibility.

The "other cap and trade", Si02 has been a massive money maker and it involves the same players in the CO2 racket.

You mention aerosols which S02 happens to be but it does the opposite of ghgs. We saw huge cuts globally at the same time as the warming boogeyman was unleashed. Do ya think they kinda expected a spike in temperature post SO2 cuts? As expected and during the time frame it takes for SO2 to clear it did spike but then we saw the flatline aka "stall" didnt we?

Now that we have at least 32 more years of Grand Solar Minimum to deal with all warming bets are off as seen throughout the Holocene during other lulls.

Is it coincidence GSM is hitting at the same time projected cuts were to start "flattening the curve" had we all been good little boys and girls?

Last edited:

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
You mentioned my graph showing a doubling of CO2 during the flatline.
Yes, Greenland ice is cyclical and all without CO2 and at present experiencing positive gains.
Water vapour and changes to land use are excellent drivers of warming. More powerful than CO2.
Ag has done a 360 in the past 40 years. We are growing a shitload more far more efficiently. This is done without the half the land sitting in summer fallow All done without disturbing soil cultures(unless you're "organic"). More crops has created a major jump in vapour, but at the same time became net O2 producers.
In the past 30 years we've seen the industrialization of China,India and 2 Billion more people on the planet but for some odd reason, no bell curve, no ice free arctic, antarica gaing all while doubling CO2.
The scam is losing credibility.
The "other cap and trade", Si02 has been a massive money maker and it involves the same players in the CO2 racket.
You mention aerosols which S02 happens to be but it does the opposite of ghgs. We saw huge cuts globally at the same time as the warming boogeyman was unleashed. Do ya think they kinda expected a spike in temperature post SO2 cuts? As expected and during the time frame it takes for SO2 to clear it did spike but then we saw the flatline aka "stall" didnt we?
Now that we have at least 32 more years of Grand Solar Minimum to deal with all warming bets are off as seen throughout the Holocene during other lulls.
Is it coincidence GSM is hitting at the same time projected cuts were to start "flattening the curve" had we all been good little boys and girls?

Water vapour is a amplifying feedback not a driver....something has to give it a nudge.

Temperature increases haven't paused, risen by .3 degrees since 2012 even if you ignore 2016 which was the hottest since the 1951-1980 average.

Aerosols should be cooling us but they aren't....that pesky moon again.

Greenland ice mass is reducing (average ice loss per year is 200gt)....so is Antarctica (average ice loss is 118 gt).

Have you seen the first data from the ICEat-2 satellite yet?

It's not helping your argument.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, my modem crashed and I'd prefer to answer these questions on my computer. Doing it via phone sucks. It's all fixed now.