Stanley Cup 2024

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Although I've been cheering for Edmonton, my prediction before the Finals was Florida would win. They're a heavier, more balanced team and Bobbers was hot as hell. Edmonton has more speed and more talent overall, but I wasn't sure how well they'd do against Florida's forecheck and board work.

Now we're down to one game for all the marbles. Which team is gonna get the "yips".

Reactions: Dixie Cup

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Although I've been cheering for Edmonton, my prediction before the Finals was Florida would win. They're a heavier, more balanced team and Bobbers was hot as hell. Edmonton has more speed and more talent overall, but I wasn't sure how well they'd do against Florida's forecheck and board work.

Now we're down to one game for all the marbles. Which team is gonna get the "yips".
Better board up the windows in Edmonton.

Reactions: petros

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Which team is gonna get the "yips".
Florida has had the 'yips' for 3 games now their effort has been largely pathetic, disorganised and lukewarm.

Watch Paul Maurice as he coaches-he knows it and also knows there's SFA he can do about it (as does everyone else on the bench) -it's all slipping away from him fast.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Played this game my whole life.

Florida are a bunch of chippy hacks...slashing the arms and wrists of the Edmonton players. At the same time, the Oilers keep trying to dive and fake their way to the Cup to get the power plays.

At any rate, regardless of who wins Stanley on Monday night, Connor McDavid will win the MVP Conn Smythe award.

Florida has a peppier attack, but their player's hands aren't as good as Edmonton's when getting the scoring opportunities. Because the Oiler's have more talent in the scoring department, their counterpunch is much more dangerous...they can withstand many minutes of the Panther's offensive push...then beat them with a fast transitional attack.

I'll go 4-2 Edmonton to win the Cup on Monday night.

Last edited:
  • Love

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Played this game my whole life.

Florida are a bunch of chippy hacks...slashing the arms and wrists of the Edmonton players. At the same time, the Oilers keep trying to dive and fake their way to the Cup to get the power plays.

At any rate, regardless of who wins Stanley on Monday night, Connor McDavid will win the MVP Conn Smythe award.

Florida has a peppier attack, but their player's hands aren't as good as Edmonton's when getting the scoring opportunities. Because the Oiler's have more talent in the scoring department, their counterpunch is much more dangerous...they can withstand many minutes of the Panther's offensive push...then beat them with a fast transitional attack.

I'll go 4-2 Edmonton to win the Cup on Monday night.
The Oilers are CANADIAN, Dogdammit!

Well, sort of. About half Canadian, a quarter American, and a quarter European. Just like the Panthers.