Soldier at Centre of Trump Controversy wears CDN Badge

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
You military people will have to pick it out for me as I have no idea........

U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson (killed in Niger) proudly wears his Canadian Parachutist Badge. Johnson trained with Canadian special forces, earned the prestigious badge, and served alongside Canadians in multiple tours of duty. R.I.P. a brave young man who embodied the best of both of our nations.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You military people will have to pick it out for me as I have no idea........

U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson (killed in Niger) proudly wears his Canadian Parachutist Badge. Johnson trained with Canadian special forces, earned the prestigious badge, and served alongside Canadians in multiple tours of duty. R.I.P. a brave young man who embodied the best of both of our nations.

The badge is the wings over his name tag. The one with the red maple leaf.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's above his right pocket.

No, HIS right, you moron!

Nametag, unit citation ribbons, Royal Canadian Bailout Wings. He apparently had some cross-training with the Canadians. Not unusual for SF.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Yes, red means he completed trng. A white maple leaf would mean he is actively serving with a CDN jump unit.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Do the black lives matter folks know you guys are shooting these fellows out of cannons in a country you aren't officially at war with?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
They also had silver over red. The dress regs changed a few times. They likely changed again since I got out.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I decided to look them up but I'm not sure if they are all legit........

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Sounds like Benghazi.......

Niger Ambush Came After ‘Massive Intelligence Failure

A senior congressional aide who has been briefed on the deaths of four U.S. servicemen in Niger says the ambush by militants stemmed in part from a “massive intelligence failure.”The Pentagon has said that 40 to 50 militants ambushed a 12-man U.S. force in Niger on Oct. 4, killing four and wounding two.

The U.S. patrol was seen as routine and had been carried out nearly 30 times in the six months before the attack, the Pentagon has reported.

The aide, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly, said the House and Senate armed services committees have questions about the scope of the U.S. mission in Niger, and whether the Pentagon is properly supporting the troops on the ground there.

There was no U.S. overhead surveillance of the mission, he said, and no American quick-reaction force available to rescue the troops if things went wrong. If it weren’t for the arrival of French fighter jets, he said, things could have been much worse for the Americans.

more

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/africa/source-niger-attack-resulted-massive-intelligence-failure-n812626