Shroud of Turin is not a fake, Vatican says

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
we all know how accurate the Bible is, right?

More people have been killed in the name of the Bible than for any other reason in history. But the point here is that some people assert it makes no reference to Jesus/Yahshuah as a Jew. Clearly it does.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I've got my amulet to protect me against such fiendishness:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
More people have been killed in the name of the Bible than for any other reason in history. But the point here is that some people assert it makes no reference to Jesus/Yahshuah as a Jew. Clearly it does.
Yes, the Bible does say Jesus/Yeshua did Jewish things. It also says he said no-one gets to Ihvh except through him. That pretty much excludes organised religions that imply or outright claim representation of Yeshua and Ihvh. That leaves Yeshua doing whatever he wanted to do in order to promote belief in Ihvh and adherence to Ihvh's wishes. If he could have, I bet Yeshua would have become Buddhist, Taoist, or Hindu to promote his thing. And indeed, he pretty much wandered about doing whatever he wanted anyway.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Talmud Confirms Jesus Existed

The Talmud Confirms That Jesus Existed​
Comments:​
The Babylonian Talmud was written during the so-called Tannaitic period. Their is a noteworthy text that recognizes Jesus.
“On the eve of Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, “He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favor, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.” But since nothing was brought forward in his favor he was hanged on the eve of Passover!” (Babylonian Talmud)
Although not in perfect harmony with the Gospel account of Jesus life it is interesting to note that this passage doesn't deny that Jesus existed, and that He was killed on the eve of Passover. It also confirms He was preceded by a herald. There is also reference in this section to five of His disciples.

Miscellaneous:

Acknowledgments:
The Babylonian Talmud (AD 70-200) Sanhedrin 43a.