Security Council accepts No Fly Zone

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Right, right. I like the idea of protecting Libyans against their own government. If only the international community did something similar back before the 1994 Rwandan genocide.

War mongerer. Another Bleeding Liberal War Monger.

Obama wants to take over the woooooorlllllld! Call Code Pink! lol

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Well, EagleSmack. I don't see how you can bring truth to me when your logic evolves so much. Originally you talked about how the uninsured in the U.S. are covered in full by governments.

"And that the millions of poor and under privledged are and have always been covered in FULL by the state and government with regards to Health Insurance."

When I pointed out how that is false (I don't know of any state in the U.S. that covers all of it's uninsured in full), you changed the topic to whether the uninsured actually go to the hospital or not.

So you are guilty of a falsehood.

"[M]illions of poor and under privledged are and have always been covered in FULL by the state and government with regards to Health Insurance."

False. No government in the U.S. buys all of its uninsured health insurance.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yup. This is a False Flag operation by American Leftists who want to steal the oil of the indigenous peoples of the Middle East. Bad colonialist leftist American fat cats. NO BLOOD FOR OIL.

Absolute FALSE FLAG. Another racist war against a peaceful people. The Lefty Yanks probably started this whole thing just to get all the oil!

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Well, EagleSmack. I don't see how you can bring truth to me when your logic evolves so much. Originally you talked about how the uninsured in the U.S. are covered in full by governments.

"And that the millions of poor and under privledged are and have always been covered in FULL by the state and government with regards to Health Insurance."

When I pointed out how that is false (I don't know of any state in the U.S. that covers all of it's uninsured in full), you changed the topic to whether the uninsured actually go to the hospital or not.

"[M]illions of poor and under privledged are and have always been covered in FULL by the state and government with regards to Health Insurance."

But what does Colonel Gadhafi think?

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
America can't fight wars any more outside of North America. It shouldn't even try. The political dissension in America is too great to fight wars outside of North America.

The Rwandan genocide wasn't America's business. The wars in the Balkans weren't any of America's business either. Libya isn't America's business. Libya is a feel good war by bleeding heart leftists. They are going to fail. And it will be used against them.

Nah, I'm pretty sure preserving people from genocide/massacre is a pretty big part of America's (or anyone's) business. And political dissension wont be a problem.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Absolute FALSE FLAG. Another racist war against a peaceful people. The Lefty Yanks probably started this whole thing just to get all the oil!

That's right. American leftists are racists and capitalists without morals. Baby killers. At this very moment American leftists are bombing Libyan wedding parties and milk pasteurization plants intentionally. NO BLOOD FOR OIL. NO BLOOD FOR MILK.

WHERE IS THE AMERICAN ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT? Silence..........

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Nah, I'm pretty sure preserving people from genocide/massacre is a pretty big part of America's (or anyone's) business. And political dissension wont be a problem.

I admire your martial spirit. But can you explain what American strategy is in Libya? I bet you can't do so convincingly. This is a challenge to debate.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Nope. Not true. Stop trying to lie yourself out of it.

The POOR are covered PERIOD. If you are on Welfare (ie POOR) you are covered.

The "uninsured" is not what I said at all.

Do you see uninsured here? I don't.

FAIL

Because the state doesn't cover the uninsured. It covers the poor and on welfare.

If you have money and no insurance you pay the bill. You get a bill in the mail and are responsible for paying it. Is that too tough for you to understand?

No. You are by making up me saying "uninsured".

There is a difference.

FAILED

FAILED. I said nothing about uninsured.

Admit it. You lose.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I admire your martial spirit. But can you explain what American strategy is in Libya? I bet you can't do so convincingly. This is a challenge to debate.

What do you mean "strategy"? The reasons for the U.S. being involved, or the actual military actions or what?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Where is the genocide in Libya?

It is a Civil War and the Rebels are losing. Sound familiar?

Well yeah, the Iraq invasion was a crazy "If we don't invade this country, we're all going to die from their WMDs" thing. Plus, it wasn't just a no fly zone.

It was a No Fly Zone... then we invaded.

Its Obama's War for Oil. Yes indeed. The Yanky Lefties want all the oil for their Limos.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
What is America's ultimate objective?

Strategy and tactics are very different.

As with all military actions, an objective first has to be formed. As odd as it may seem now, coming weeks after the initial start of conflict in Libya, the objective of the no fly zone is to protect the rebellious Libyans from violence by the Gadhafi government. More specifically: prevent civilian targets from being attacked from the air by the Libyan air force and preventing the bringing in of mercenaries via the air.

These ideas came from the Libyan ambassadors who defected, if you remember.

Where is the genocide in Libya?

It is a Civil War and the Rebels are losing. Sound familiar?

It was a No Fly Zone... then we invaded.

Its Obama's War for Oil. Yes indeed. The Yanky Lefties want all the oil for their Limos.

Again, the mockery is funny, but not for the reasons you want it to be.

A lot of people have been roundly criticized for debates about the meaning of "genocide", and I am not going to engage in it.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
It was French business. BBC NEWS | Africa | France accused in Rwanda genocide

But, you can slot me into the "bleeding heart" category. Genocide should not be divided with states and made into an internal affair. Preventing genocide is a human affair.

That is called the Liberal Internationalist school of foreign policy thought in America. The problem in this case is that America has nothing to gain by victory and much to lose by defeat. This is a perfect opportunity to teach a very painful lesson to the American left.

The last ten years has taught many Americans one thing. Don't get involved in foreign military entanglements. They will have unforeseen consequences and blowback.

Genocide isn't the appropriate term in this case. Libya isn't even democide. If genocide was a consideration America would be involved in helping the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo. This isn't America's problem.

Obama has stuck his neck out, and people like me are going to use it against him as soon as something goes wrong. And something will go wrong. The only certainty is uncertainty.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As with all military actions, an objective first has to be formed. As odd as it may seem now, coming weeks after the initial start of conflict in Libya, the objective of the no fly zone is to protect the rebellious Libyans from violence by the Gadhafi government. More specifically: prevent civilian targets from being attacked from the air by the Libyan air force and preventing the bringing in of mercenaries via the air.

These ideas came from the Libyan ambassadors who defected, if you remember.

Basically we are butting in with our Liberal Capitalist noses again. We are providing air cover for the Rebels because they are getting their azz kicked. So instead of speaking the truth we say we're protecting civillians.

I can't wait for the first bomb to drop so I can say Obama killed 1 Million Libyans and maintain that number for time immortal.

So we take orders from Libyan defectors now?

NO WAR FOR OIL! NOT IN MY NAME!