Secrets of the CIA

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
We're told what we want to believe Doc.

It becomes obvious that when CNN or FOX or CBC or Reuters or AP the Washington Post, the New York Times...all parade propaganda in front of the great unwashed that what we're seeing is what our industrialists, our multi-billionaires....our political marionettes...our social-conditioning mechanism that "inform" us that our sexuality our sex-appeal our attitudes about homosexuality, our social-status....who we are are the products of consumption and not really people at all....

We've successfully objectified women.... been at it for years so the "camps" ...adherents to particular propaganda formed around "beliefs" and "ideologies" now the marketting campaign is to establish "camps" around Moslems and Christians and Roman Catholics and Jews....to feed the appetites that we all have...to provide grist for the hate-mills, the entrepeneurs....the middle-men.....

We're conditioned to insensitivity to violence and mayhem....thirty-three young people killed by a lunatic gunman at a local campus pales into insignificance beside the number of people killed daily in Afghanistan or Iraq or many other places around the world...yet with Dr. Phil and Oprah and all the purveyors of self-righteous greedy me-firsts....feeding the disenchanted the lonely the needy and the lost of a society of "consumers" ...a society conditioned to believe in all the "right" things can expand and magnify the situation in Virginia we can all forget about blood running in the streets of nations around the world.

Streets awash in blood that feeds the appetites of the same people who demand that their entitlements to "prosperity" and "conspicuous consumption are served...regardless of cost ...

Regardless of costs in terms of orphans and amputees created at the behest of those appetites...beginning with the innocent men women and children of other nations....first.... a cost that can be ignored.....

Until the body-bag count gets too high...then one of our noble political figures will rise and "Demand Gawd Damnit...!" that something be done about this situation..... To be silenced in Canada because that isn't "party policy" or in the United States by a Congress and a Senate sleeping with the manufacturing and industrial interests of the wealthiest nation on earth...

You tell me who's responsible?

ya know mikey if i didn't know better i think yer a tad cynical....

scroll down.....

LOL...had to say it dude...but it's a good reminder. by that i mean left unchecked our commercial society could turn us all into a walking nike commercial......
got an idea for a thread for ya wink

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/22/cia.secrets.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Little-known documents now being made public detail illegal and scandalous activities by the CIA more than 30 years ago: wiretapping of journalists, kidnappings, warrantless searches and more.

The documents provide a glimpse of nearly 700 pages of materials that the agency plans to declassify next week. A six-page summary memo that was declassified in 2000 and released by The National Security Archive at George Washington University on Thursday outlines 18 activities by the CIA that "presented legal questions" and were discussed with President Ford in 1975.

Among them:

• The "two-year physical confinement" in the mid-1960s of a Soviet defector.
  • Assassination plots of foreign leaders, including Fidel Castro.
  • CIA wiretapping in 1963 of two columnists, Robert Allen and Paul Scott, following a newspaper column in which national security information was disclosed. The wiretapping revealed calls from 12 senators and six representatives but did not indicate the source of the leak.
  • The "personal surveillances" in 1972 of muckraking columnist Jack Anderson and staff members, including Les Whitten and Brit Hume. The surveillance involved watching the targets but no wiretapping. The memo said it followed a series of "tilt toward Pakistan" stories by Anderson.
  • The personal surveillance of Washington Post reporter Mike Getler over three months beginning in late 1971. No specific stories are mentioned in the memo.
  • CIA screening programs, beginning in the early 1950s and lasting until 1973, in which mail coming into the United States was reviewed and "in some cases opened" from the Soviet Union and China.
  • Much of the decades-old activities have been known for years. But Tom Blanton, head of the National Security Archive, said the 1975 summary memo prepared by Justice Department lawyers had never been publicly released. It sheds light on meetings in the top echelon of government that were little known by the public, he said.
CIA Director Michael Hayden on Thursday called the documents being released next week unflattering, but he added that "it is CIA's history."

"The documents provide a glimpse of a very different time and a very different agency," Hayden told a conference of historians.

Blanton pointed to more recent concerns, such as post-September 11 programs that included government wiretapping without warrants. "The resonance with today's controversies is just uncanny," he said.

The long-secret documents being released next week were compiled at the direction of then-CIA Director James Schlesinger in 1973. In the wake of the Watergate scandal, he directed senior CIA officials to report immediately on any current or past agency matters that might fall outside the authority of the agency.

A separate memo, also dated 1975 and made public by the National Security Archive, discusses the briefing given to Ford detailing abuses by the spy agency. Then-CIA director William Colby tells the president that the CIA "has done some things it shouldn't have."

Among the activities discussed was the mail program in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Of the airmail received from the Soviet Union, he said, "we have four (letters) to Jane Fonda."

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I was a miltary offid cer during the Vietnam war and had plenty of negative feedback about the CIA. Their Air America operation was a real cowboy operation and it worked but resulted in the deaths on many good US military members. My opinion of them then started to sink. My CIA friend told me that any CIA Operational HQ was located based on the number of houses of ill repute operating in the area to service the agents. I couldn't verify it but based on the quality of information we were given by them that may expalin why over 50% of it was bogus.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
It's quite simple really. The truth is whatever rich power people determine it is. They tell the news and the news tells the sheeple. It doesn't matter if the today's official truth is a lie or contradicts past official truths. What matters is that the sheeple believe what they've been told by the "news" is the "truth". Most sheeple believe the "truth" without questioning it or thinking very much about it.

So if our governments which were controlled by rich power people were doing those things back then.... then what have they been up to lately?

According to some people here, they have been selflessly bringing democracy, liberty and freedom to the middle east. That's what the news tells us, so it must be the truth.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In reference to my previous post, here is an example of sheeple being sheeple:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/u...-reducing-overall-violence-despite-bombs.html

Does it make sense that sending thousands of soldiers into an area hostile toward the US occupation will reduce violence?

If foreign soldiers kicked down your door and dragged away your family members for Abu Ghraib style interrogation, would you be grateful or even more hostile?

Does it make sense that after bombing Iraq more or less continuously since 1990, imposing punishing economic sanctions which caused millions of deaths through malnutrition and disease, that Iraqis would believe that Americans "come as liberators to Iraq to help them" or believe Americans "come as conquerors to help themselves".

Anyone capable of critical thought should have been able to figure out that the news before the Iraq war was mostly pro-war propaganda designed to support decisions which had already been made by rich powerful people.

When the invasion happened, our news never showed any pictures of the results of the invasion. We are seldom told by our news what it is like to be on the recieving end of our armed invasions. They only showed images which re-inforced the "truth". But other images existed at the time and were readily available to any new outlet willing to publish them:

WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES OF THE US LED LIBERATION OF IRAQ
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Mortality after the 2003 invasion of Iraq:
a cross-sectional cluster sample survey
http://www.thelancet.com/webfiles/images/journals/lancet/s0140673606694919.pdf

Few news outlets published pictures and information like the above and therefore the above never happened. Instead the sheeple believe that mostly bad people died during the invasion. Our side uses precision smart bombs which selectively kills just the bad people who deserve it and harms very few innocent people.

But from an Iraqi viewpoint who witnessed the above events first hand, who are the terrorists? If foreigners did this to your country, would you be hostile?

Selective omission of information regarding what happens in Iraq is a daily occurrence. Without knowing all the facts, people can easily be manipulated into coming to false/unrealistic conclusions.

In order to believe new "truths" often means having to forget previous "truths". In order to see through these "truths", usually just requires having a memory and thinking independantly.

When classified information about 9/11 and the Iraq war is released 30 years from now, I doubt we will learn little that couldn't be figured out now.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/stockbauer1.html

If our news and elected leaders were unanimous about the "truth" before the Iraq invasion, then why would we continue to believe these sources today?

Given that our news and our leaders were lying to us 30 years ago and four years ago, how likely is it that these same sources of information continue to tell the "truth".

Last edited:

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
In reference to my previous post, here is an example of sheeple being sheeple:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/u...-reducing-overall-violence-despite-bombs.html

If our news and elected leaders were unanimous about the "truth" before the Iraq invasion, then why would we continue to believe these sources today?

Given that our news and our leaders were lying to us 30 years ago and four years ago, how likely is it that these same sources of information continue to tell the "truth".

Exactly, we can smell the hypocrysie behind this, just by looking objectivly at it. we can confirm supported by facts that our leaders are puppets of the coorporations, and if it doesnt change, it will just get worst and worst.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Exactly, we can smell the hypocrysie behind this, just by looking objectivly at it. we can confirm supported by facts that our leaders are puppets of the coorporations, and if it doesnt change, it will just get worst and worst.

Some people have to hit rock bottom before they will choose to make a change. Maybe this is where we are as a culture and society.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The reason the US Foreign Policy is a failure can be defined in three alphabetical letters. C. I. A.
Here's a thought...Maybe it's not an entire failure. Considering it is in the US's best interest to continue to create instability on the African Continent as well as in the middle east. If those areas had sound governance the access to fuels that the US so desperately needs might get shut off. With instability and no one really in control of those countries the US has a better chance as garnering contracts with the waring factions. Unless the US can install a ruler sympathetic to them they will have lost the opportunity for the US to operate as it does.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Here's a thought...Maybe it's not an entire failure. Considering it is in the US's best interest to continue to create instability on the African Continent as well as in the middle east. If those areas had sound governance the access to fuels that the US so desperately needs might get shut off. With instability and no one really in control of those countries the US has a better chance as garnering contracts with the waring factions. Unless the US can install a ruler sympathetic to them they will have lost the opportunity for the US to operate as it does.

BINGO!!!!!

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

Exactly , that is why the us and the whole coalition of the chiken foreign policy is a fascist one.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I didn't realize I was mentioned early in this thread.

That's because I stopped paying attention to whatever Logic said a long time ago and thus hadn't bothered to read it. I thought maybe it was about how the CIA and aliens were planning to take over the oil on Mars or something like that.

You should watch it, it is your taxe money that goes to them, to kill innoncent peoples around the world in the name of you, if i was you , i would be ashame........