Searching for the father

Ramisk

Nov 22, 2020
Hello folks,
My girlfriend is from Thailand, however her dad is Canadian who has a short relationship with her mother when he visited Thailand. Her mother did not tell her any details about the father name, or contact details. Now after her mom passed away, she became very emotional and desperately wants to know her real dad or her sibling. Everything she has is an old photo of her dad with her mother. I appreciate if you can give any ideas or insights on this matter

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Hello folks,
My girlfriend is from Thailand, however her dad is Canadian who has a short relationship with her mother when he visited Thailand. Her mother did not tell her any details about the father name, or contact details. Now after her mom passed away, she became very emotional and desperately wants to know her real dad or her sibling. Everything she has is an old photo of her dad with her mother. I appreciate if you can give any ideas or insights on this matter
she can try dna ancestry. 💡

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Hello folks,
Social media can be a very effective tool in stories like your girlfriend's. Many families have been reunited through social media. Yes, social media has a good side too. Try posting it on Facebook, Twitter etc and ask for shares, get your friends and family to share it widely. Join social media groups that promote these searches, it can't hurt to try.

Reactions: Mowich and petros

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Hello folks,
Good luck. Sounds like you don't have much to start with. Perhaps a P.I. might be the way to go? It's going to be a tough nut to crack. Again, best wishes in your search!

Reactions: Mowich

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Hello folks,

Is the father's name on the birth certificate? and maybe the father place of birth.

Reactions: Mowich

Ramisk

Nov 22, 2020
Is the father's name on the birth certificate? and maybe the father place of birth.
If we have a name that would be very easy , but unfortunately she is not registered under the father name.

Ramisk

Nov 22, 2020
Social media can be a very effective tool in stories like your girlfriend's. Many families have been reunited through social media. Yes, social media has a good side too. Try posting it on Facebook, Twitter etc and ask for shares, get your friends and family to share it widely. Join social media groups that promote these searches, it can't hurt to try.
Sounds like a good idea, can you advice of famous Canadian groups on Facebook ?

Ramisk

Nov 22, 2020
I wouldn't know which group to suggest. But f you have any notion of what part of Canada he was from I would begin to look for groups in that region.
Unfortunately, we don't have any tiny information about him except an old photo. thank you anyway for your help