Say Something Nice About Trump

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I figure it'll take about three posts for this to go horribly wrong, but I'm serious. Surely the most Trump-hatey amongst us can find something he's done that's good.

I claim to be more deeply, broadly, and thoughtfully Trump-hatey than anybody else on this board, so I'll go first. . .

He hasn't started any wars, and has drawn down our involvement in long-running conflicts.

Yep, at times he has done so ill-advisedly, and in ways I disagreed with. The fact remains. . .

He hasn't started any wars.

That's a good thing.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I think I have to agree with you TB... Trump hasn't started any wars and this is likely the only good thing he's done during his tenure.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's currently at 10.5%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/273909/seasonally-adjusted-monthly-unemployment-rate-in-the-us/#:~:text=In%20July%202020%2C%20the%20national%20unemployment%20rate%20was%20at%2010.2%20percent.
It should be noted that the American Unemployment rate dropped for exactly 10 years (February 2010-February 2020).
Unemployment Rate in America:
When Obama took office: 7.8%
When Obama left office: 4.7%
Difference: -3.1%
When Trump took office: 4.7%
Current: 10.5%
Difference: +5.8%

source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate#:~:text=Unemployment%20Rate%20in%20the%20United,percent%20in%20May%20of%201953.&text=source%3A%20U.S.%20Bureau%20of%20Labor%20Statistics

How about before covid. Or are you that fuc king insecure you need to use numbers that have very little to do with who is in the big chair.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Trump moved the US Embassy, and recognized the capital of Israel to the Jerusalem.

Jerusalem should not be a capital of anything. It should be recognized as a Religious zone to the three biggest world religions and thus a political free zone that no one technically 'controls'. Moving the Embassy was a stupid move on Trump's part as it proved the US has no real interest in peace in that area of the world either (which is why no one moved it there to begin with).

Trump humbled Crooked Hillary.

LOLOL! I don't like Hillary at all but Trump didn't humble her what so ever. Give your head a shake.

Trump is not politically correct.

You're right, he's not PC, but he's also not a good person either. Or plant. Or animal. Camera. TV. Not being PC isn't a 'nice' thing.

Trump is entertaining.

If you find pedophiles, felons, racists and narcissists entertaining, sure, I guess so.

Trump gave Rosie O'Donnell a nervous breakdown, when he was elected.

Rosie is a POS. Trump is a worse POS. Giving Rosie a 'nervous breakdown' isn't a 'nice' thing either. It's just a thing that's stupid.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes.
The Obama Administration had a plan and a task force to deal with a pandemic response. Trump dismantled it upon taking office. Then proceeded to not take COVID seriously, and try to discredit the WHO, CDC, and Dr.Fauci.
Lets get this straight, Obama and Fauci had a plan then Trump came along and cut the funding for Fauci's brain causing him to forget the essential framework of what he already worked on and had in place?

Did that plan have "close the borders immediately" in the top 10 actions?

How about masks? In there as immediate for mitigation?

Was there a section on "what if China is lying?"

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If BHO and the Fauch had a plan it was a pretty shitty one. Why were the cupboards bare? Why was there a shortage of PPE? Why were some guvners short ventilators? Good thing Trump solved those issues.