Russia 'Politics' & News

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He was poisoned by the President of the United States: Vladimir Putin.

If Trump would stop licking Putin's asshole, or someone would assassinate him, the World would be better off.
That is why November is so important. ........ but one is hard pressed to have any confidence in the US population judgement . Any form of assassination would only make a martyr of trump . Not an option.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny leaves Russia for treatment in Germany after suspected poisoning
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0.YTfraiIS8hW-Adq_1gEd8m0jdApj-Nyc_olCg73m3vI
Putin couldn't hold him in Russia with the eyes of the media on him.

But it gets Navalny out of Russia, which is all to the good from Putin's point of view.

Putin's a half-a-loaf kind of guy. He don't fret if a scheme ain't 100% successful. As long as it moves the ball forward, he's OK with it.

KGB training.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, it looks like he will survive. I guess Navalny will be treated in Germany, before finding refuge in England.
I hope this does not give the Trump Administration any ideas.
Probably one of the reasons Joe's isolating.

Not that the clown-car full of imbeciles that passes for an administration these days is competent to poison somebody. But they'd kneel on his neck until he died if they were told to.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Glad to have found this thread.

Russia is running seriously under the radar. Vladimir Putin makes Justin Trudeau look like the boy he is.

Low national debt ($248 billion) coverable by cash on hand and huge gold reserve. Personal income tax rate is 13%. Corporations by law are required to pay 50% of profit in dividends. Military excellence be that good or bad. Unemployment is low.

Canada does not compare well on many fronts. If I was betting on a currency to remain strong Russia appears a better bet than Canada. Unfortunately for me I am unable to directly invest in Russia without paying a huge premium. Why is a good question.

It seems a system based on self reliance rather than oppression but I don't know. We are oppressed in Canada as well but don't think of it that way.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That must explain why Canada has the best quality of life in the World for 2019. Russia did not even make the top 10, and probably would be lucky to make the top 50.

source; https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

You also forgot to mention that Russia has a high level of corruption. Freedom of the press is literally non-existent. Putin rules by a Autocracy. Speaking up against Russian interests, or criticism against Putin can land you in jail or have you killed. Many of the big companies ahve ties to the Russian mafia. Human Rights abuses are rampant.

But hey...at least it has a strong military.
No corruption in Canada just ask your prime minister , he will tell you .

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
That must explain why Canada has the best quality of life in the World for 2019. Russia did not even make the top 10, and probably would be lucky to make the top 50.
source; https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings
You also forgot to mention that Russia has a high level of corruption. Freedom of the press is literally non-existent. Putin rules by a Autocracy. Speaking up against Russian interests, or criticism against Putin can land you in jail or have you killed. Many of the big companies ahve ties to the Russian mafia. Human Rights abuses are rampant.
But hey...at least it has a strong military.

I share your concerns and wonder how close to the truth we really know. Some of that goes back a long ways as well. Quality of life is an interesting measure depending on who is doing the measuring. All said, the financial stability of the country is quite impressive and far ahead of where Canada is. We are all still "don't worry about the deficit".

Your opinion reflects what the anti Russian sector would like you to believe. Is it the truth is what I wonder.

Imagine the horror if Andrew Scheer would have been poisoned. Might have saved his political career. Trudeau is just as much of an autocrat with the information withheld and his own best interests in mind. Only he doesn't have a clue imo.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Here is a project for you. Name one country that does not have at least mild corruption. The difference between Canada and Russia, is that it is not systemic and widespread. Your hatred of Trudeau has blinded you to the reality of what the majority of the Worlds population, and what they have to endure.
I can type:
"I think Trudeau is somewhat corrupt, since he continuously bails out companies that are located within the most densely populated areas of Canada (Quebec-Ontario), and is indifferent to the hardships of population of Western Canada."
I can type this, and not have to do it anonymously. Nobody is going to keep tabs on me, and nobody is going to arrest me for it. In countries like Russia, China, N Korea, and dozens of others, they do not have the luxury of saying that our PM sucks.
Russians do not have that luxury.

Snowden says you might be surprised but yeah that's what we hear happens.

Interestingly perhaps is I met a man from North Korea at the 2007 Spirit of Edmonton Grey Cup shindig in Toronto. Chatted with him for a while. One of his observations was of Canadian women and that they have a more rounded butt which I think might be true compared to Korean women. Eventually I asked about Kim Jong Un and if the rumours were true at which time he abruptly got up and quickly walked away. I always wondered who he was as not any North Korean would have the option of attending a Grey Cup party. I hope he is still alive as it was around the time when the uncle was assassinated.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
That is not even remotely close to being true. Canada is a much richer nation than Russia, per capita.
Actually, my opinion reflects reality. If you bother searching the Quality of Life or Standard of Living index, you will see that Canada is far ahead of Russia. And that is not even incuding literacy rate, education, health care, GDP, etc.
I still recall the days when this was just common knowledge. The internet is a strange thing. Be careful of what websites you go to.
You may want to do some research into the meaning of Autocrat. Trudeau is no autocrat.

Debt per capita in Canada is $52,300 compared to $3700 for Russia. Two guys with beautiful homes and one is mortgaged to the hilt. Who has the better quality of life?

I've never been but I don't expect it is as bad as you say. Ovechkin likes it there.

Why didn't Hillary get Canadian hackers involved? Just think we are kidding ourselves thinking we are so much better off.

Might help if we had someone with a plan in charge. Every third sentence Trudeau says is a lie. Thanks for the discussion. I acknowledge your position but still feel JT fits the autocrat description. Buy Canada Savings Bonds.