Royal Navy chases a Spanish patrol boat out of British waters

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
THE SPANISH ARE COMING! As UK and Spain tensions over Gibraltar mount, watch the moment the Royal Navy chases a Spanish patrol boat out of British waters
The HMS Scimitar sailed out to intercept Spain's Infanta Cristina off the eastern coast

THIS is the incredible moment a plucky Royal Navy patrol boat chased a much larger Spanish vessel out of Gibraltarian territorial waters today.

The face off between the heroic ‘HMS Scimitar’ and the Spanish ‘Infanta Cristina’ happened just hours after Spain told Britain to “calm down” as tensions over the Rock rose.

This is the moment HMS Scimitar chased the larger Spanish out of Gibraltar’s waters DM PARODY
This is the moment HMS Scimitar chased the larger Spanish out of Gibraltar’s waters
The HMS Scimitar (small boat on the left) pictured during the dramatic face off with the Spanish patrol boat NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

The HMS Scimitar (small boat on the left) pictured during the dramatic face off with the Spanish patrol boat

Spanish patrol boat chased out of Brit waters off Gibraltar by the Royal Navy
The Infanta Cristina patrol boat sailed past the eastern coast of Gibraltar well within the sovereign territory's waters at lunchtime.

The Sun's team in Gibraltar was alerted by a taxi driver as we chatted to locals on top of the rock about Spain's cheeky demands to regain the outpost.

Our team had a bird eye grandstand view as two Royal Navy ribs sped out to the Spanish boat and quickly sent it packing.

A map showing the area of Gibraltar territorial waters

A map showing the area of Gibraltar territorial waters
Taxi driver Giancarlo Milanta said:"This is provocation. They are trying to raise the stakes but the Royal Navy showed them who is boss."

A video of the incident was tweeted by the official account for the Gibraltar government, with the statement: "Illegal incursion into #British #Gibraltar Territorial Waters by Spanish Navy patrol ship Infanta Cristina this afternoon."

The dramatic stand-off happened 48 hours after former Conservative leader Michael Howard implied that Prime Minister Theresa May would use military force if Spain attempted to reclaim the British territory.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3252653/spanish-patrol-boat-royal-navy-gibraltar/
link for above

interesting comment:
@Rodrigo Lantaron

Remember one thing, Rodrigo. If if wasn't because of the Falklands defeat, Argentina could be still under the rule of the murderous military junta. Basically, the British did what all the guerrilla groups of the 70s (Montoneros, FAR, FAP, ERP and so on) could not achieve. Many Argentinians refuse to understand that but others, like me, will always be grateful to the Royal Navy. Thank you, Mrs. Thatcher!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Sorry, it's bunk. Smaller craft don't chase larger ones away. Had the larger vessel turned sharply and the plucky little boat remained close, it would have been swamped. Had the larger vessel fired on it, there would have been nothing left.

A more correct description would be that the larger vessel left. It certainly was not chased off. That's typical British BS. The Spanish should have fired across its bow.

Hails of derisive laughter!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Spanish "boat" ...A guided missile Corvete is a "boat".

You must live along way from the coast.

Keep your mouth shut when you visit Cornwall.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Sure the sun has its view points Murph
The point is they went into Brit waters in the first place
note
A video of the incident was tweeted by the official account for the Gibraltar government
....Our team had a bird eye grandstand view as two Royal Navy ribs sped out to the Spanish boat and quickly sent it packing.
from the OP...it's at the link I provided

CC
lets see some links
dooood

your opinion don't mean much unless you back them up
;)
based on your previous opinions

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Sure the sun has its view points Murph
The point is they went into Brit waters in the first place

CC
lets see some links
dooood

your opinion don't mean much unless you back them up
;)
based on your previous opinions

Links to what? ...for what? ...Spanish Navy fleet? My "opinion" is that anyone who calls a small, but full sized warship a "boat" has no clue what he just talking about.

A boat is what you carry on the deck of a ship. There are only two exceptions to that.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
argue that with the OP authors
:)
...and of course you missed the actual important parts of the story to pick a nit
;)
have you run out of your own?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
argue that with the OP authors
...and of course you missed the actual important parts of the story to pick a nit
;)
have you run out of your own?

The important part of the story is that the Spanish are not yet ready to pick a fight over Gibraltar.The British sure as fukc didn't chase them off.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The precise (and pedantic) definition of a ship is a vessel with no fewer than three masts, all of which carry square-rigged sails. All other vessels are separately defined. Most of the vessels we would nowadays designate as "ships" are correctly "Motor Vessels".
https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-197783,00.html

you are guessing
IT DOES NOT SAY THAT IN THE STORY
the whole point of the story is a Spanish boat went into British waters and then left

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Is that the type that your great granny swam out to while they were anchored off of Penetang?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
twas my grandfather that came to penetanguishene
;)
shows how much you don't know
so thats two moronic assumptions from the brain ded bildge spunge

now you know why I always ask him for links
his are always missing

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What part are you located? Im looking for a new steelhead spot because im tired of always having to drive to the Island and st joes

Not much stealhead in penetang I am afraid Johnny
try the sturgeon in Waubeshene just around the corner
Rainbow trout, Brown trout and
Pacific salmon extended fall season
(4th Saturday in April to December
31)
http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/198877.pdf

Royal Navy chases Spanish patrol boat out of waters off Gibraltar as Nigel Farage says UK must not be 'bullied'
Royal Navy chases Spanish patrol boat out of waters off Gibraltar as Nigel Farage says UK must not be 'bullied'
the telegraph

hmm... spanish patrol boat

A patrol boat is a relatively small naval vessel generally designed for coastal defence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrol_boat

from the wiki link

some fukkers are just too dumb to have an opinion I guess
thats why I always ask them for links
and he impunes to have been a sailor at some point
I think he just **** them in the bar after a long hard day boating
;)

Spanish gunboat faces off against Royal Navy after 'illegal incursion' into Gibraltan waters
The navy vessel Infanta Cristina was confronted by HMS Scimitar on 4 April.
Spanish gunboat faces off against Royal Navy after 'illegal incursion' into Gibraltan waters

Goddam right, they are.
Apparently
not for you they are not

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What are the 2 exceptions?

Submarines have been traditionally called "boats" right from the beginning ( in more than one language) ... Pig Boats is one them because they always smell like Slavers.

The other are the Lake Freighters that we have on the Great Lakes.They are widely called "Lake Boats", even by the people who sail on them despite their considerable size.

Not much stealhead in penatang I am afraid Johnny
try the sturgeon in Waubeshene just around the corner
Rainbow trout, Brown trout and
Pacific salmon extended fall season
(4th Saturday in April to December
31)
http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/198877.pdf

the telegraph

hmm... spanish patrol boat

A patrol boat is a relatively small naval vessel generally designed for coastal defence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrol_boat

from the wiki link

some fukkers are just too dumb to have an opinion I guess
thats why I always ask them for links
and he impunes to have been a sailor at some point
I think he just **** them in the bar after a long hard day boating
;)

The navy vessel Infanta Cristina was confronted by HMS Scimitar on 4 April.

Apparently
not for you they are not
That's not the ship in Blackie's picture.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Submarines have been traditionally called "boats" right from the beginning ( in more than one language) ... Pig Boats is one them because they always smell like Slavers.

The other are the Lake Freighters that we have on the Great Lakes.They are widely called "Lake Boats", even by the people who sail on them despite their considerable size.

I had a boat once that my dad let me use as a child growing up. 16 ft aluminum with a 9.9 Johnston, man i would ride that thing everywhere and my buddies and i would portage that sucker everywhere.

"Young boy, two hands on the wheels, ill never forget the way it, made me feel."

lol jk, 9.9 aren't inboard >_<

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I had a boat once that my dad let me use as a child growing up. 16 ft aluminum with a 9.9 Johnston, man i would ride that thing everywhere and my buddies and i would portage that sucker everywhere.

"Young boy, two hands on the wheels, ill never forget the way it, made me feel."

lol jk, 9.9 aren't inboard >_<

Kids and boats .. don't you feel sorry for kids who never get the chance to mess around in boats?

Last edited: