Random (got a random thought? No need for new thread? Put it here!)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
[FONT=&quot]I have seen this work wonders in other forums.

Its just called RANDOM.

You got a random thought about anything, that doesn`t warrant a thread for it, just post it here!

The idea behind it is, their is no topic to follow, anyone can throw any thoughts out there (following forum rules, of course), and people can reply, and others throw out other random thoughts.

So, I will start of with a few thoughts, and you guys can pick up on my thoughts, or put forth your other random thoughts of the day.

I have seen this work wonders at other forums, it can go on for pages and pages.

So, I don`t like the fact that recently we are going to have 2-3 major coroporations owning our major media.

CTVglobemedia - CTV, Citytv, tons of specialty channels, Globe & Mail, radio stations, etc.

Canwest Global - Global, CH, tons of specialty channels, National Post and many other newspapers, etc.

Rogers Media - OMNI Networks, A-Channel Network, Sportsnet + other specialty networks and radio stations

(small players are Corus (Movie Central, YTV), Sun Media (SunTV, etc.), and Astral (TMN, French channels))

CTVglobemedia is buying CHUM Limited, and Canwest Global is buying Alliance Atlantis.

I mean, we are losing competition here.

Look at the Toronto market!

CTV, Citytv, Cable Pulse 24 - 1 company (CTVglobemedia)
A-Channel, OMNI 1, OMNI 2, - 1 company

2 companies own all the tv stations in Toronto (with SMALL exception of SunTV)

I mean I hate seeing a few companies owning everything.

Now, respond to my random thoughts, or open up your own

[/FONT]

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Other thoughts:

Do you think its human nature for us to create drama and contreversy[FONT=&quot]?

Don`t we thrive on it[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?

I mean I have had periods during my childhood and as I got older where I just lived for the unfolding drama that I was involved with in my life.

My parents and friends took the members of my school admin to court, my parents ran in elections, and won a few times.

I mean I just lived for the unfolding events.

And I have sort of come to the conclusion, that we live for that drama in our lives. I think we are all lacking excitement once in awhile, and when drama comes our way, we live for it.

Just how I feel.
[/FONT]

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I want to know why Dan Brown has a thing for aircraft engines. Every one of his books that I've read has a mention of the brand and/or model of the engines on the aircraft that someone is flying in.

Don't you think that's a bit peculiar? It's not like he's a great writer, his characters always miss something obvious, even when they're supposed to be brilliant.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
So is it just me or is their now justice in this world.

Is their karma?

I have never seen karma.

I guess its hard some days, you want to see people have justice served to them.

I guess for me, I just have to think after they die, they will get their karma.

I am just, i lost all hope of right wins over wrong. And justice prevails.

Its depressing really.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do you think its human nature for us to create drama and contreversy[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]

Totally agree Westmanguy. I see people selfsabotage all the time, just to create drama. If we don't have it in our lives, we look for it elsewhere (tv, movies, gossip), or we create it. I've seen so many people start fights, take up bad habits, engage in reckless behavior, and at the root of it all IMO is 'drama addiction'.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have never seen karma.

I guess its hard some days, you want to see people have justice served to them.

Karma doesn't work for your vengance. Karma is a personal, internal thing. I see it work ALL the time. If we are balanced here at home, problems seem to solve themselves in the funniest ways.

For example, if we have money troubles, and it's not because we were being greedy or stupid, money shows up from odd places. If we have gotten ourselves into a bind just being silly with our money, or trying to be greedy in a business deal, the ___ hits the fan.

Karma is about looking for balance in your own life, making sure YOUR personal energy is good. And I'd hazard a guess to say, that if you're looking for other people to suffer the wrath of karma, yours won't be great.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
How many people look back on bad things in their lives?

Have you ever revisited some really awful things that have happened and progressed through them again to find out if they changed your life?

On occasion I am reminded of some tough spots in my life (usually about being broke) and realized
being broke gave me the impetus to move along and get it done....so in the long run being broke
gave me drive which I lacked before I found my goals.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Boring at CC tonight. Think I'll pester wifey into a game of something.

With a bruised kidney?

Cable internet in South Florida sucks very severly:angryfire: . It was worse than dial up at 8 pm last night. I think I'll stick with my DSL at home. It's never slow.;-)

The blue dog barks at a yellow moon in the morning.8O . Random enough?:smile:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
(not directed at ANYTHING in this thread)

Do folks who rely solely on talking points actually not realize they're doing it??

Or do they think others are just so dumb that they CAN'T notice??

It's bugged me for a LONG time, that one

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Well, not to name names :D

But folks who use phrases that they themselves can't explain, but which sound good- sophism basically (EG Iraq is better without Saddam, anyone who doesn't believe the official 9-11 story is crazy, crap like that)- you run into a lot of them folks when discussing geo-politics especially and I honestly can't tell if they TRULY believe what they mouth/type or if they think they're fooling others with oddly worded BS :D

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, not to name names :D

But folks who use phrases that they themselves can't explain, but which sound good- sophism basically (EG Iraq is better without Saddam, anyone who doesn't believe the official 9-11 story is crazy, crap like that)- you run into a lot of them folks when discussing geo-politics especially and I honestly can't tell if they TRULY believe what they mouth/type or if they think they're fooling others with oddly worded BS :D

Oh yeah, I never do that, I'm brilliant. lol.