Racist Bill 96 has sharply divided Quebeckers along language lines

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I’m not surprised. Most French speaking Quebeckers support this racist peace of legislation which by the way uses the not withstanding clause to do away with our civil rights. 95% of English speaking Quebeckers oppose bill 96.

We’re back to an all out language war in Quebec now. In English speaking neighborhoods in Montreal, French speakers are going to have a hard time. I no longer socialize with my French speaking neighbors. If they think it’s ok to strip me of my civil rights in my own home town, then they can all go to hell as far as I’m concerned. I want nothing more to do with them. It’s every man for himself.

When those responses were broken down along linguistic lines, 95 per cent of anglophone respondents said they somewhat (29 per cent) or strongly (66 per cent) oppose the proposed legislation compared with 77 per cent of francophones who somewhat (45 per cent) or strongly (32 per cent) support it.

Racist Bill 96 has sharply divided Quebeckers along language lines

Reactions: taxslave

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Just another reason Quebec should be kicked out from the Canadian Federation.

If Quebec feels they are a Nation on to themselves, then I guess I can’t blame them for doing what they want to do to look after themselves and to do what they have to do to strengthen their French language and culture in there own nation. Many other countries are conducting similar policies (Middle East countries for example) and the West just lets them do what they want to do as long as it does not affect us.

The difference with Quebec is that they are using money from Canadians ( transfer funds) to do what they want to do to benefit their own Nation without giving anything back to the rest of Canada. So on this bases they should be kicked out, then we would not have to support them and they can do whatever they want to do in support of their own Nation.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Just another reason Quebec should be kicked out from the Canadian Federation.

If Quebec feels they are a Nation on to themselves, then I guess I can’t blame them for doing what they want to do to look after themselves and to do what they have to do to strengthen their French language and culture in there own nation. Many other countries are conducting similar policies (Middle East countries for example) and the West just lets them do what they want to do as long as it does not affect us.

The difference with Quebec is that they are using money from Canadians ( transfer funds) to do what they want to do to benefit their own Nation without giving anything back to the rest of Canada. So on this bases they should be kicked out, then we would not have to support them and they can do whatever they want to do in support of their own Nation.
they should buy an island and get the fuck out. 🏝️ 💡 ;)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If the feds had any balls, they would just disallow this type of legislation.

Under the constitution, the federal gov't can disallow any provincial legislation anytime within two years of its introduction.

The problem is Trudeau supports it (being the dumbass authoritarian he is) and none of the rest of the leaders has the balls.

Getting tired of the tail wagging the dog.