Put this in your pipe and smoke it, vegetarians.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Eating lettuce more than three times worse for environment than eating bacon: Study

While studies have shown that eating meat is bad for the environment, a new study has found that eating your veggies can be worse.

A study out of Carnegie Mellon University found that following the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) recommendation to eat more fruits, vegetables, seafood and dairy is in fact more harmful to the environment than eating meat. The reason, they say, is that these foods require high resource use and create high greenhouse gas emissions per calorie.

Eating lettuce more than three times worse for environment than eating bacon: Study | Globalnews.ca

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Eating lettuce more than three times worse for environment than eating bacon: Study

While studies have shown that eating meat is bad for the environment, a new study has found that eating your veggies can be worse.

A study out of Carnegie Mellon University found that following the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) recommendation to eat more fruits, vegetables, seafood and dairy is in fact more harmful to the environment than eating meat. The reason, they say, is that these foods require high resource use and create high greenhouse gas emissions per calorie.

Eating lettuce more than three times worse for environment than eating bacon: Study | Globalnews.ca
I normally have both on my BLT

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I use to brown some nice chops, then put them in a baking pan, along with a can or two of sauer kraut. Bake together at about three fifty until completely cooked through. Some mashed tater and maybe a nice salad. Not bad.

a few years ago the doctor told me I had a serious problem with triglycerides - my level of T's in my blood was far too high

what to do?

I searched online for a natural cure and found it: sauerkraut!

Been examined several times over the years and my T levels are at norm. It's good for once to be cured of a medical problem without having to use more prescription medicine.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I have always known the evils of vegetarians and I have always been suspicious of them
especially my relatives. Everyone should read the code of PETA "People eating tasty
animals"
Eat your bacon

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have always known the evils of vegetarians and I have always been suspicious of them
especially my relatives. Everyone should read the code of PETA "People eating tasty
animals"
Eat your bacon

Personally I believe in eating a little of every food as I don't believe there is one, taken in small doses that is going to kill you. I enjoy bacon once a week on Sunday mornings. I don't believe 3 oz. of red meat 3 times a week is going to kill you either. Other days I eat fish and fowl. I think vegetables and fruit can be over done in that you are not getting enough protein and too much sugar (fructose)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think more research is needed as to the benefits of rum
I am willing to be part of a study to confirm the benefits

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
animals"
Eat your bacon
Really! Look up the best food for cancer patients. Fish or no meat. Vegetable protein is best. Victims who follow this diet live longer and better.

Personally I believe in eating a little of every food as I don't believe there is one, taken in small doses that is going to kill you. I enjoy bacon once a week on Sunday mornings. I don't believe 3 oz. of red meat 3 times a week is going to kill you either. Other days I eat fish and fowl. I think vegetables and fruit can be over done in that you are not getting enough protein and too much sugar (fructose)
You should never eat red meat more than once a week.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Really! Look up the best food for cancer patients. Fish or no meat. Vegetable protein is best. Victims who follow this diet live longer and better.

You should never eat red meat more than once a week.

That's an old wives' tale. I've known people who have eaten lots of red meat and lived into their 90s. I don't think you should eat a lb. at a sitting but a few ounces several times a week isn't going to harm you.