Proof of PSI Recepters - Mainstream Science Resists

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Yeah well,let the ridicule begin,I don't think it's so far fetched.Have you never had a hunch,a feeling something was going to happen or meet someone that gave you the creeps as soon as you clapped eyes on them ? I can cite a few examples of times when some "feeling" that I couldn't explane saved my ass.You don't need a link for everything y' know.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Or a stupendous ignorance of scientific procedure and discovery.

Goal-oriented brain cells: Neurons may track action as a prelude to empathy - Bower - 2009 - Science News - Wiley Online Library

The first paragraph reads: “Neuroscientists in Italy listened in on monkeys’ brain cells that they say may lie at the root of empathy, the ability to discern others’ thoughts and intentions.”

“sensing the thoughts and intentions of others” is the formal definition not of EMPATHY, but of TELEPATHY.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah well,let the ridicule begin,I don't think it's so far fetched.Have you never had a hunch,a feeling something was going to happen or meet someone that gave you the creeps as soon as you clapped eyes on them ? I can cite a few examples of times when some "feeling" that I couldn't explane saved my ass.You don't need a link for everything y' know.
Biochemistry explains the "spidey-sense", you know. Also several other things like the emotion of love.

Goal-oriented brain cells: Neurons may track action as a prelude to empathy - Bower - 2009 - Science News - Wiley Online Library

The first paragraph reads: “Neuroscientists in Italy listened in on monkeys’ brain cells that they say may lie at the root of empathy, the ability to discern others’ thoughts and intentions.”

“sensing the thoughts and intentions of others” is the formal definition not of EMPATHY, but of TELEPATHY.

Empathy is not clairvoyance, ESP, and whatever other spooky and superstitious stuff you speculated about.

Empathy and Oxytocin Lead to Greater Generosity

Chemistry - Empathy

Reasons To Believe : Does Human Morality Arise from Brain Chemistry?

Hey, CanadianLove, I see you love baby seals. How do they taste? :)

Science fundamentalists are just as much fun to talk to as Fundie Christians and Muslims - inflexible and dogmatic..
Yeah, well, data and facts kind of make them dull and dry alright.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
"

Empathy and Oxytocin Lead to Greater Generosity

Chemistry - Empathy

Reasons To Believe : Does Human Morality Arise from Brain Chemistry?

"
"Empathy is the experience of awareness of the thoughts, emotions or concerns of others."

"The results were overwhelming: Those given oxytocin offered 80% more money than those given a placebo." Drugs are great. That is why they don't want drugs off our streets. We give up 80% more when they let us have drugs.

And morality has nothing to do with it other then the issue of is it moral to try and hide functional senses of the human body through supression - labeling it "Witchcraft" and "supernatural" and don't forget "Spooky". This especially so since the Athiests have pretty well done away with the Bible which dictates the death of "Seerer" and "Diviners".