Pro-Palestine Anti-Israel College Campus Protests

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Eschewing academic freedom, the University of Windsor has shockingly agreed to “not pursue any institutional academic agreements with Israeli universities until the right of Palestinian self-determination has been realized.” Despite the fact that Gazan universities have been used by Hamas to store weapons for terror attacks against Israel, the agreement calls for “establishing or reestablishing institutional relationships with Palestinian universities,” but not with Israeli institutions.
View attachment 23160
The university could have employed a multitude of measures to clear the encampment without succumbing to the terms set by radical students. It could have immediately dismantled the encampment, as York University did. It could have filed for a court injunction without agreeing to any terms, as the University of Toronto did. It could have launched a lawsuit against the organizers, as the University of Waterloo did, resulting in the removal of the encampment. Or it could have finally convinced law enforcement to clear out the encampment, as McGill University did.
They can "campus carry" in Gaza? Cool. Is it conceal or open carry uzis like Israel or no automatics like US?

1720789761163.png
Automatics are a fashion statement in Israel.

• Love
Reactions: B00Mer

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The only mention of firearms or weapons in the copy and paste from the new story I posted this morning is this: “…Gazan universities have been used by Hamas to store weapons for terror attacks against Israel” and from that somehow you come up with this?:
They can "campus carry" in Gaza? Cool. Is it conceal or open carry uzis like Israel or no automatics like US?

View attachment 23161
Automatics are a fashion statement in Israel.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The only mention of firearms or weapons in the copy and paste from the new story I posted this morning is this: “…Gazan universities have been used by Hamas to store weapons for terror attacks against Israel” and from that somehow you come up with this?:
Yeah. Storing a gun on your person while in lecture or cruising the campus.

Its normal Ron.

College Students Wary as Numbers of Weapons on Campuses Rise
LANA IKELAN
01/17/2024

The Israel-Hamas war has led to a surge in the number of Israeli students carrying firearms on campuses, and while some say this makes them feel safer, others say it has the opposite effect

College and university students recently returned to campuses across Israel after the academic year, delayed by the outbreak of the Israel-Hamas war on Oct. 7, finally opened.

But although classes are back in session, all is not back to normal. Many of the students on campus are serving in or eligible for military reserve duty and hold firearms permits, leading to a noticeable increase in the number of students carrying weapons on campuses.

The Media Line contacted several universities to discuss the issue, but they declined to comment.

A student movement called Standing Together organized a protest outside Tel Aviv University to highlight its concerns about weapons on campuses. The protesters encouraged students to sign a petition that they said aimed to ensure the security, safety and well-being of students.

“We asked the student body what is the most important issue that you would like us to address, and we received responses from Jews, even more than from Arabs, that a lot more weapons are being carried around on campus,” Shahar Shillo, a 24-year-old law student at Tel Aviv University and a Standing Together organizer, told The Media Line.

“Everyone in their right mind can understand that it’s a scary thing; it is not only about the sense of security, but it’s actually dangerous, especially with approval from academia,” Shillo said.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
But although classes are back in session, all is not back to normal. Many of the students on campus are serving in or eligible for military reserve duty and hold firearms permits, leading to a noticeable increase in the number of students carrying weapons on campuses.
Ah, ok, so like active members and reservists that could be called up at any time, during an active war, where their country was sneak invaded within the last year, etc…got it. I thought you were trying to make a connection to what I posted & I just didn’t see it so thank you for the clarification.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ah, ok, so like active members and reservists that could be called up at any time, during an active war, where their country was sneak invaded within the last year, etc…got it. I thought you were trying to make a connection to what I posted & I just didn’t see it so thank you for the clarification.
Active members of Hamas go to school too. They need to be ready for when Zionists attack.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
He's right, y'know. Israeli bus-avoidance technology on its bombs and ASMs never fails.

Oh he's so smart.. War vs Peace time.

The US bus-avoidance technology on its bombs and ASMs never fails. How many innocent people has the USA killed.. like in Afghanistan

How shocking the ICJ didn't bring the USA up on charges.. LOL

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh he's so smart.. War vs Peace time.

The US bus-avoidance technology on its bombs and ASMs never fails. How many innocent people has the USA killed.. like in Afghanistan

How shocking the ICJ didn't bring the USA up on charges.. LOL
They had a wedding on a bus?