Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have become the only British Royals to have their own YouTube channel. Their first video shows the future King and Queen at various events over the years, interspersed with family moments...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

'I hate royalty but call me Duchess': Piers Morgan erupts at Meghan's new book​

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Aussie TV Host In Fits Of Laughter As Meghan Markle's Cringey Book Gets Universally Panned 😂🤣

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry 'knew what he was doing' in Oprah gabfest: Magazine editor
Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:May 07, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • 23 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during their visit to Canada House in London on January 7, 2020.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during their visit to Canada House in London on January 7, 2020. PHOTO BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Article content
The explosive fallout from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s spill-the-beans gabfest with Oprah Winfrey came as no surprise to the ginger-haired royal.

The editor of a magazine devoted to the Royal Family revealed that Harry “wanted to rock the boat.”

“He knew what he was doing,” Majesty editor Ingrid Seward told the New York Post.

“I can swear to you that, and he wanted to rock that boat,” Seward said. “Quite why, I don’t understand, but he did want to. And then he did, and I don’t think he’s surprised by the repercussions or that he regrets it for a moment.”

What Seward doesn’t get is why the couple went to Winfrey. She also finds Markle’s claim that her cries for mental health help from Buckingham Palace were rebuffed unbelievable.

“I find that so difficult to understand … what she was trying to tell us there,” Seward told the tabloid.

So, then the queen says… This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
So, then the queen says… This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speaking about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP
“You don’t go to the HR department in the U.K. You go and see a doctor, or you say to your husband, ‘Darling, I feel dreadful, I need you to find someone.’ Harry was in therapy himself, so he must have known people.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Ultimately, Seward believes that the former Suits actress struggle was because she “always had a voice” and didn’t understand that she was now a bit player in something bigger than a TV show.

“(Harry) didn’t explain to her the ordinary things about being royal. That it’s not about you, it’s about the monarchy — it’s not like being a celebrity,” Seward said.

And “being American” was always going to be a “problem,” she added.

“I think she had no idea she wouldn’t be able to say what she thought or wouldn’t be able to voice her opinion. That’s what she was used to all her life, and suddenly she’s in a straitjacket,” Seward said.

But Seward believes that ultimately, the Winfrey interview that featured charges of racism and bullying has harmed the Royal Family.

“Nobody attacks the royals. I’ve never heard of a member of the Royal Family criticizing them the way Harry or Meghan does,” Seward said.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
QUEEN'S FURY: Monarch reportedly upset with Charles over Harry row
Publishing date:May 10, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • 7 Comments
Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speak about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speak about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP
Article content
Queen Elizabeth reportedly has her tiara in a twist over the Prince Harry feud threatening to rip the Royal Family apart.

According to reports, the Queen was not amused by Harry and wife Meghan Markle spilling the royal beans to Oprah Winfrey, and she is even less pleased with the fallout.

And the focus of her ire is Prince Charles.

“With the way things are going, Charles may never forgive Harry, which hasn’t gone down well with Elizabeth,” an insider told Us Weekly. “She feels that he’s putting his pride before the best interest of the monarchy.”

The source added: “She has enough on her plate dealing with the loss of her husband. It’s drama she can do without.”

Now, according to the source, the Queen is begging Charles to try to repair the rift with Harry.

Queen Elizabeth presents son Prince Charles with the Royal Horticultural Society’s Victoria Medal of Honour during a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show on May 18, 2009 in London. (Sang Tan/WPA Pool/Getty Images)
Queen Elizabeth presents son Prince Charles with the Royal Horticultural Society’s Victoria Medal of Honour during a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show on May 18, 2009 in London. (Sang Tan/WPA Pool/Getty Images)
But Charles remains furious at his youngest son for “dragging his name through the mud” with Oprah.

The Queen, however, is pleased with the “dignified approach” taken by Prince William and hopes Harry takes a cue from his elder brother, the source said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“They’re definitely not at the point where they speak on a regular basis, but William wants to be the bigger person and set a precedent. He believes that in order to repair damage and destruction from Harry’s interview, the best approach is to keep things civil with his brother rather than fanning the flames and fighting back with a tit-for-tat attitude,” the source told Us.

“Elizabeth is proud of William for taking the dignified approach, unlike Charles, who still hasn’t forgiven Harry for dragging his name through the mud.”

In this file photo taken on July 10, 2018 Britain’s Prince Harry and Prince William stand on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on July 10, 2018 to watch a military fly-past to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force (RAF). (TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images)
In this file photo taken on July 10, 2018 Britain’s Prince Harry and Prince William stand on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on July 10, 2018 to watch a military fly-past to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force (RAF). (TOLGA AKMEN/AFP via Getty Images)
Meanwhile, the next test for the brothers will be at the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana in July. It would have been her 60th birthday.

But that could go off the rails quickly as the royal siblings are insisting on giving separate speeches. Insiders fear the speech quandary could set off new alarm bells.

“The brothers will be physically together for the ceremony but want to make their own personal addresses,” a source told the U.K. Sun.

“You might have thought they’d go for a joint statement and speech but that’s not the case. Each has insisted on preparing their own.”

The source added: “It is a big concern that their body language will suggest all is not well and they won’t present a united front.”

Tom Bradby — a friend of both brothers — told The Times of London things have been “difficult” for the past 18 months.

“It used to be quite a straightforward thing, right, because they weren’t arguing and life was simple. And then it just slowly descended into something that was difficult — personally and publicly — really over the past year and a half,” Bradby said.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry compares life in Royal Family to 'living in a zoo'
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 19 hours ago • 3 minute read • 27 Comments
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, Britain March 5, 2020.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, Britain March 5, 2020. PHOTO BY PAUL EDWARDS /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
Prince Harry has compared his life as a member of Britain’s royal family to Hollywood movie “The Truman Show and living in a zoo”.

The Duke of Sussex compared life in the royal spotlight to the all-seeing cameras of The Truman Show, in which Jim Carrey’s character was the unwitting star of a TV show.

In a chat with Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast streaming on Wednesday he discussed his early courtship with wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, mental health and why he wanted to leave the royal family years ago.

The 36-year-old royal explained how he and his now-wife went to great lengths to keep their romance under wraps and communicated by text message between the aisles when stocking up for a break together for the first time.

“The first time Meghan and I met up for her to come and stay with me, we met up in a supermarket in London, pretending we didn’t know each other, texting each other from the other side of the aisles,” he said. “There’s people looking at me, giving me all these weird looks, and coming up to me and saying ‘hi’.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I texted her saying, ‘Is this the right one’, and she said, ‘No you want parchment paper,’ and ‘I’m like where’s the parchment paper?!’

“I had baseball cap on, looking down at the floor, trying to stay incognito. It’s amazing how much chewing gum you see, it’s a mess!”

Shepard and co-host Monica Padman asked what it was like to be among a “a tiny group” of royals “watched by millions,” which Harry described as “a mix between The Truman Show and living in a zoo.”

“It’s the job right? Grin and bear it. Get on with it. I was in my early 20s and I was thinking I don’t want this job, I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be doing this,” he said. “Look what it did to my mum. How am I ever going to settle down and have a wife and family, when I know it’s going to happen again?

“I’ve seen behind the curtain, I’ve seen the business model and seen how this whole thing works and I don’t want to be part of this,” he said, adding Meghan encouraged him to go to therapy. “And then once I started doing therapy it was like the bubble was burst. I plucked my head out of the sand and gave it a good shake off and I was like, You’re in this position of privilege, stop complaining and stop thinking you want something different — make this different — because you can’t get out. How are you going to do these things differently, how are you going to make your mum proud and use this platform to really affect change?”

Harry, Meghan, and their two-year-old son Archie stepped back from royal duties and moved to Los Angeles last year and now – Harry will become a father for the second time in the coming months – admitted his life in the U.S. feels “more free” than it did when he was in the U.K.

He said: “Living here now I can actually lift my head and actually I feel different, my shoulders have dropped, so has hers, you can walk around feeling a little bit more free.

“I can take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I never had the chance to do that.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Madame Tussauds moves Prince Harry and Meghan from royals section
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 17 hours ago • 1 minute read • 5 Comments
Artists prepare figures of Madame Tussauds London's Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in their new position in London, May 12, 2021.
Artists prepare figures of Madame Tussauds London's Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in their new position in London, May 12, 2021. PHOTO BY MADAME TUSSAUDS LONDON /Handout via REUTERS
Article content
LONDON — A year after leaving their royal duties to move to Los Angeles, Madame Tussauds has now decided waxwork models of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan now belong in the attraction’s Hollywood zone and not with the other members of the House of Windsor.

The couple, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, quit royal duties to forge new independent careers on the other side of the Atlantic, and have since signed deals to deliver and produce content for Netflix, Spotify and Apple .

Now their waxwork models have been shifted from their place in the royal section of Madame Tussauds in London to join other celebrities, the famous attraction said on Thursday.

“Harry and Meghan have moved zones – Madame Tussauds London has moved its figures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to their brand new Awards Party zone to reflect their move from Frogmore to Hollywood,” Madame Tussauds said in a statement, referring to the couple’s former British home Frogmore Cottage.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Figures of Madame Tussauds London’s Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stand in their new position in London, Britain May 12, 2021. Picture taken May 12, 2021. Madame Tussauds London/Handout via REUTERS
Figures of Madame Tussauds London’s Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stand in their new position in London, Britain May 12, 2021. Picture taken May 12, 2021. Madame Tussauds London/Handout via REUTERS
Later this month, a television documentary series on mental health issues co-created by Harry and U.S. chat show queen Oprah Winfrey premieres on streaming service Apple TV+.

Ahead of the broadcasts, Harry appeared on the “Armchair Expert” podcast hosted by U.S. actor Dax Shephard, in which he likened his life as a royal to the “Truman Show,” a film about a man who unwittingly grew up as the central character in a popular worldwide television reality show.

He also disclosed that when he first began dating Meghan, they met in a supermarket to avoid paparazzi photographers, and that the couple enjoyed more freedom after moving to California with young son Archie.

“Living here now, I can actually lift my head and actually I feel different, my shoulders have dropped, so have hers, you can walk around feeling a little bit more free,” he said.

“I get to take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I would never have the chance to do that.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry chats about naked Vegas photos in tell-all podcast
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:May 13, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read • 5 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex portrait smiling under the Queens Commonwealth Canopy on October 22, 2018 in Fraser Island, Australia.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex portrait smiling under the Queens Commonwealth Canopy on October 22, 2018 in Fraser Island, Australia. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /Getty Images
Article content
The naked truth about those infamous nude Las Vegas photos is that Prince Harry can laugh about them now.

Speaking with Dax Shepard for the Armchair Expert podcast, the Duke of Sussex didn’t exactly lay bare his thoughts on those headline-grabbing 2012 snaps that saw a young Harry partaking in a game of strip billiards in his VIP suite.

But Meghan Markle’s hubby was okay with dipping into the topic when asked for the skinny during the tell-all chat, released Thursday.

Shepard claimed to be “the most ill-informed person on the Royal Family, at least in my circle,” before offering up some extremely limited intel on his royal podcast guest.

“You’re the only one I ever knew and simply because you were in those awesome nude photos in Vegas,” Shepard told the prince. “And I literally said to myself, ‘This guy’s a party!'”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Toggle full screen modePrevious Gallery Image
MARKLE1
Photo by Freeman Real Estate
MARKLE2
MARKLE
MARKLE5
MARKLE3
Next Gallery ImageToggle gallery captions
thumbnailsView All 5 Photos
1 of 5

Harry was not close-minded about the no-clothes-minded line of questioning.

“I’m sure, you’re constantly looking for other people to go, sort of balance out your own behaviour, right,” he responded. “It’s relatable!”

Added Shepard: On top of that, I was like, ‘God! This motherf—-‘s got a good body!’ You are in tremendous shape.”

To which the presumably blushing prince replied: “Okay, now it’s getting weird. That was a few weeks before I went to Afghanistan.”

What happened in Vegas didn’t stay in Vegas and the 2012 nude pics were published by TMZ in 2012, creating headlines across the globe — long before Harry met Meghan at the altar, of course.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, Britain March 5, 2020.
Prince Harry compares life in Royal Family to 'living in a zoo'
Like, we're royalty dude! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, left, and Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry is 'spiritually at home' in sunny California: Pal
Artists prepare figures of Madame Tussauds London's Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in their new position in London, May 12, 2021.
Madame Tussauds moves Prince Harry and Meghan from royals section
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during their visit to Canada House in London on January 7, 2020.
Prince Harry 'knew what he was doing' in Oprah gabfest: Magazine editor
None
Naked Prince Harry pics posted online

The couple, who finalized their split from the Royal Family this past winter, now share a two-year-old son, Archie, and have a baby daughter on the way this summer.

Harry spent a decade in the army, serving two tours in Afghanistan, as a Forward Air Controller in 2007 and 2008, and as an Apache pilot in 2012-2013.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Has Prince Harry had TOO MUCH psychotherapy?
Psychiatrist says Harry is 'self-centred, self-obsessed, aggrieved and resentful'

Publishing date:May 17, 2021 • 8 hours ago • 2 minute read • 14 Comments
Prince Harry arrives for the funeral of Prince Philip in Windsor, England.
Prince Harry arrives for the funeral of Prince Philip in Windsor, England. PHOTO BY VICTORIA JONES - WPA POOL /Getty Images
Article content
A famed British psychiatrist believes that Prince Harry may have had too much psychotherapy for his own good.

In an article in the Daily Mail, Dr. Max Pemberton said the rogue royal — who fled the U.K. for California with his bride, Meghan Markle, and son, Archie — has become “self-obsessed.”

Most recently, Harry slammed the Royal Family on Dax Shepard’s podcast when he seemed to suggest that both Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth “failed as parents.”

“He said he needed to leave the royals to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘genetic pain and suffering’ for the sake of his own children,” Pemberton wrote.

“Far from being the poster-child for the benefits of therapy, I’m afraid Harry is actually becoming quite the opposite.”

Prince Harry is regretful over the bombshell interview. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention.
Prince Harry is regretful over the bombshell interview. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
Pemberton added: “He is starting to embody the characteristics of those who’ve had too much therapy — self-centred, self-obsessed, aggrieved and resentful. He says he’s talking about his troubles ‘to help other people.’ This rings rather hollow.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The headshrinker said some self-obsession is acceptable “inside a therapist’s office.”

Outside that realm, it takes on a different form.

“It is unbecoming in public, especially from someone who has — and continues to have — a life of almost unparalleled luxury and privilege,” the doctor wrote.

An expert said Harry should be more like Queen Elizabeth. Here, she speaks with staff during a visit to the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Science Park near Salisbury, England, Oct. 15, 2020.
An expert said Harry should be more like Queen Elizabeth. Here, she speaks with staff during a visit to the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Science Park near Salisbury, England, Oct. 15, 2020. PHOTO BY BEN STANSALL / POOL /REUTERS / FILES
“It would be far more helpful if Harry showed through his actions how he has turned his difficulties into something positive, rather than simply sounding spoilt and angry.”

Pemberton said in the newspaper he believes Harry needs a bit of the old British stiff upper lip instead of Californian oversharing.

“The royals people look up to are the Queen and Princess Anne, both of whom are paragons of emotional restraint,” Pemberton wrote. “I’ve no doubt both have their own issues, as everyone does, but they just get on with things, don’t they?”

He added: “They don’t wallow in self-pity or spend all day self-analyzing. They let it go.”

Meanwhile, Harry is being mocked for calling America’s First Amendment (the right to freedom of speech) “bonkers.”

Sounding like a woke third-year sociology student, the prince was lamenting the media “feeding frenzy” while he stayed at Tyler Perry’s lush Beverly Hills mansion.

“I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment as I sort of understand it, but it is bonkers,” Harry said, adding “I don’t understand” it.

One tweeter wrote in response: “Imagine being completely mystified by the idea that people have a right to speak their minds without fear of being arrested.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Megyn Kelly brands Prince Harry a 'fool' for calling First Amendment 'bonkers'
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:May 18, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • 9 Comments
Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly PHOTO BY GETTY
Article content
Megyn Kelly has branded Prince Harry a “fool” after the Duke of Sussex called America’s First Amendment “bonkers.”

In an interview with Dax Shepard and Monica Padman on the Armchair Expert podcast, Harry spoke about the “feeding frenzy” he and his wife Meghan Markle faced from the paparazzi when they first moved to California last year, staying at Tyler Perry’s Beverly Hills mansion.

“I don’t want to start sort of going down a First Amendment route because that’s a huge subject and one I don’t understand because I’ve only been here for a short period of time, but you can find a loophole in anything and you can capitalize or exploit what’s not said rather than uphold what is said,” Harry said. “I believe we live in an age now where we’ve got certain elements of the media redefining what privacy means.”

Prince Harry speaks onstage during Global Citizen VAX LIVE: The Concert To Reunite The World at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
Prince Harry speaks onstage during Global Citizen VAX LIVE: The Concert To Reunite The World at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. PHOTO BY KEVIN WINTER /Getty Images for Global Citizen VAX LIVE
He added, “I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment as I sort of understand it, but it is bonkers.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In the U.S. constitution, the First Amendment guarantees, among other things, freedom of speech.

“‘Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.’ (Lincoln or Twain or someone smarter than Prince Harry),” Kelly tweeted in response.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity also piled on Monday night telling Harry he’s “free to go home.”

“Understand, this is the same First Amendment that allowed you and your wife to trash your own family in the Oprah Winfrey interview,” Hannity said.

Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speak about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry, left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, speak about expecting their second child during an interview with Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP

Right-wing firebrand Candace Owens weighed in, taking issue with Harry’s desire to live a life of privacy.

“How many more Hollywood-style interviews will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle give before they finally achieve the privacy they claim to be so desperate for?” she tweeted.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The couple stepped back from their royal duties last year, but in a series of recent high-profile interviews Harry has continued to draw media attention back onto himself and his family.

Elsewhere in his chat with Shepard and Padman, Harry likened his royal experience to being on The Truman Show and “living in a zoo.”

“I’ve seen behind the curtain, I’ve seen the business model and seen how this whole thing works and I don’t want to be part of this,” he said.

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
HARRY, GO HOME! U.S. journalist begs U.K. to 'take Prince Harry back'
Publishing date:May 18, 2021 • 23 hours ago • 2 minute read • 59 Comments
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, March 5, 2020.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, March 5, 2020. PHOTO BY PAUL EDWARDS /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
A disgusted American journalist went on British TV Tuesday begging the U.K. to “take Prince Harry back.”

Amber Athey told Good Morning Britain that the rogue royal isn’t likely to find his new home as welcoming if he doesn’t clean up his act.

“Let me just start by saying the U.K. is one of the top ten exporters to the U.S. As an American and in the words of former President Donald Trump, ‘you all are not sending your best,'” Athey told GMB.

“I would beg you, please take Prince Harry back. It’s always a good thing to talk about mental health, but the problem is Prince Harry is going about this in the wrong way.

“His podcast interview last week was a disaster. It’s hardly ever a good time to air family grievances publicly, it’s hardly ever healthy or productive.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The prince has been on a relentless campaign to name and shame Royal Family members since appearing on Oprah Winfrey’s March gabfest.

He continued this approach on Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast last week.

Harry moaned about his life as a royal, comparing it to a zoo, fired at Kate Middleton on the traditional role of princesses, and appeared to whine about everything, including freedom of speech.

“This is especially bad timing considering he’s just recently repaired his rift with his brother, William, at the funeral for Prince Philip and now he’s essentially lobbed a grenade into that situation,” Athey said.

“Then, of course, there’s the question of the effect on the Queen, who Prince Harry still apparently loves very much, but she must still be devastated by the loss of her husband and Prince Harry has taken this time to attack him rather publicly.”

Queen Elizabeth, escorted by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales walks to The Sovereign’s Throne in the House of Lords chamber during the State Opening of Parliament at the Houses of Parliament in London on May 11, 2021.
Queen Elizabeth, escorted by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales walks to The Sovereign’s Throne in the House of Lords chamber during the State Opening of Parliament at the Houses of Parliament in London on May 11, 2021. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Harry didn’t win any fans in America when he opined that the First Amendment (which includes a wide array of freedoms but specifically freedom of speech) was “bonkers.”

In the same interview, he hammered his father, Prince Charles, and by extension the Queen, when he claimed he wanted to “break the cycle” of pain.

Meanwhile, the petulant prince is reportedly “demanding” that wife Meghan Markle be part of the ceremony honouring his late mother in July.

And if she isn’t included? Harry may reportedly skip the ceremony, which will unveil a statue of the beloved Princess Diana.

Radar reports that Harry is pushing for Markle to be allowed to read her own prepared comments.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
ROYAL REPORT: Prince Harry's 'happy life' a bitter illusion
Harry is "desperately trying to convince himself he's found happiness," say Royal watchers

Publishing date:May 19, 2021 • 45 minutes ago • 2 minute read • 18 Comments
Prince Harry speaks onstage during Global Citizen VAX LIVE: The Concert To Reunite The World at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
Prince Harry speaks onstage during Global Citizen VAX LIVE: The Concert To Reunite The World at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. PHOTO BY KEVIN WINTER /Getty Images for Global Citizen VAX LIVE
Article content
A insider has dramatically claimed that Royal rogue Prince Harry is “far from happy” in his new golden life in California.

“I believe that, despite Harry’s insistence that he’s happy, he’s far from it. I don’t think he or Meghan are happy,” Duncan Larcombe, author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story told Closer magazine.

“Content people don’t create arguments and criticize people — content people want to make amends.”

So far, Prince Harry has shown no sign of easing his relentless assault on the Royals.

In the past week, Harry has blitzed his father, Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth and the US Constitution.

Larcombe described Harry as a man “desperately trying to convince himself he’s found happiness.”

“Content people don’t create arguments.” How happy is Prince Harry. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention.
“Content people don’t create arguments.” How happy is Prince Harry. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
And the royal expert added that the petulant prince is not really in a position to “preach” about mental health coping.

Larcombe said Harry is “clearly in the very midst [of his own journey and] causing pain to his own family”‘.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“[Harry] has now made the royals and the institution his enemies because of that — he’s on the warpath,” he told the magazine.

He added: “I think what we see and hear from these interviews is a man who is desperately trying to convince himself that he has found happiness, and he has been through it all and reached the other side — that he’s finally free. I don’t think that’s the case. He and Meghan aren’t happy or free. I don’t think his move to LA has solved anything.”

Give ’em the boot. In this file photo taken on July 17, 2020 Queen Elizabeth II poses at Windsor Castle in Windsor, west of London.
Give ’em the boot. In this file photo taken on July 17, 2020 Queen Elizabeth II poses at Windsor Castle in Windsor, west of London. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /AFP via Getty Images
Meanwhile, a shocking new poll reveals that the majority of Brits want Harry and Meghan either stripped of their royal titles or should stop using them.

The poll from YouGov was conducted on May 17 after last week’s podcast in which Harry attacked his father’s and grandparents’ parenting styles and seemed baffled by free speech.

A little over 60% said they should lose their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles.

Just 17% believe they should keep them.

While the Queen ordered the pair not to use their HRH – His or Her Royal Highness – status, but they now style themselves Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

bhunter@postmedia.com
On Twitter: @HunterTOSun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Americans were very supportive of Harry and Meghan after they appeared on Oprah telling lies. But now they've told Americans that they should have no free speech, the Yanks are starting to tire of them now.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry's Oprah mental health series packed with 'truth bombs'
Publishing date:May 20, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • 5 Comments
Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry in a publicity still for their coming series.
Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry in a publicity still for their coming series. PHOTO BY HANDOUT /APPLE TV
Article content
Prince Harry will take a scorched earth and “truth bombs”-packed approach to the Royal Family in his coming docu-series with pal Oprah Winfrey.

According to the New York Post, the Apple TV mental health series — The Me You Can’t See — premiering Friday will give royal watchers more fodder.

“One of the episodes is very personal … deeply,” a show insider told the Post.

The series will likely be the latest front in the prince’s (and, by proxy, his wife Meghan Markle) fight with his family.

Last week, the 36-year-old royal threw his father, Prince Charles, and by extension the Queen under the bus on Dax Shepard’s podcast.

Harry claimed Charles had passed on the cycle of “genetic pain.”

Deeply hurt. Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, pose at Kensington Palace to mark their 10th wedding anniversary.
Deeply hurt. Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, pose at Kensington Palace to mark their 10th wedding anniversary. PHOTO BY CAMERA PRESS/CHRIS FLOYD /via REUTERS
And the attacks have reportedly deeply hurt his older brother, Prince William.

“William is dreadfully hurt, he’s an elegant man who lives for his job, his country and his family,” the royal insider said.

Now, the battle begins anew with ally Oprah.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“All over the world, people are in some kind of mental, psychological, emotional pain. Being able to say, ‘This is what happened what happened to me,’ is crucial,’” the daytime talk queen says in the series’ trailer.

Harry has publicly revealed the difficulties he endured following the death of his mother, Princess Diana, in a 1997 Paris car crash.

“To make that decision to receive help is not a sign of weakness. In today’s world, more than ever, it is a sign of strength,” he told Oprah.

And, of course, the prince is under the watchful eye of Markle, who wears a Raising the Future T-shirt and hovers lovingly over Harry.

“The results of this year will be felt for decades,” Harry said, just as a photo of Markle reading to their son, Archie, is shown.

“By kids, families, husbands, wives — everybody.”

The series also features Hollywood heavy hitters like Oscar-winners Glenn Close and Lady Gaga.

“I don’t tell this story for my own self-service. I’ve been through it and people need help,” said Gaga, identified by her given name, Stefani Germanotta.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
BONOKOSKI: Prince Harry complains again, then feeds the media maw
Author of the article:Mark Bonokoski
Publishing date:May 20, 2021 • 18 hours ago • 3 minute read • 9 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during their visit to Canada House in London on January 7, 2020. PHOTO BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Article content
“The biggest issue for me is being born into it … without choice.”

— Prince Harry

Poor Harry, but isn’t this the case for all of us?

Me, for example, I was born into a family where both were veterans of the Second World War, my father having flown with Bomber Command where the mortality rate was basically the flip of a coin — heads you lived to fly another mission, tails you died.

Like dotty Prince Harry, I had no choice.

My father got a post-war job on an assembly line making silk hosiery for women and became a foreman just before the plant closed forever — the victim of the invention of nylon pantyhose.

Yes, it was a long time ago.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry in a publicity still for their coming series.
Prince Harry's Oprah mental health series packed with 'truth bombs'
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, cheer during the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House in London, March 5, 2020.
HARRY, GO HOME! U.S. journalist begs U.K. to 'take Prince Harry back'`

My mother was a stay-at-home mom, raising five children in rather quick succession, me being the oldest.

She did hairdressing at home on the side to help make ends meet.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
My parents bought nothing for themselves at Christmas.

Taking Prince Harry’s statement at face value, as can be heard on a recent Armchair Expert podcast, I could have been born a prince in the Royal Family but wasn’t. I also could have been born into the poverty of an Ethiopian slum but wasn’t.

I therefore count my blessings, and so should the psychotherapy-addicted Prince Harry, his mental-health issues just now coming to the fore as a bizarre self-pity steeped in a blame game.

Growing up in Brockville, Ont., and being born into a blue-collar family, taught me that I did not want a blue-collar life. But my graduating marks in high school didn’t have universities knocking at my door, and my football and baseball prowess didn’t quite result in scholarships to colleges in the United States.

Upon graduation, I was a part-time pack boy at Dominion Stores, working the meat counter on weekends.

Was this my future? The money seemed good, and there was a union. It was at least an option.

But luck prevailed. It came in the form of the sister of my girlfriend at the time who was studying journalism at Ryerson.

“Apply there,” she said. “They’ll take anyone.”

And so it began.

Prince Harry, born to very white privilege, and his wife, Meghan, now live in a $14.7-million home in the sheltered enclave of Montecito, Santa Barbara, California. Their neighbors are Oprah Winfrey and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Their mansion has nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
There are just three of them when little Archie is included, but a second child is on the way.

No tag days will be needed, however, to help them get by.

Meghan will never have to do hairdressing in the kitchen on the side to help pay the bills.

That is assured.

But, while Harry is still a societal curiosity piece, he’s being played like a pop-up piano.

What Harry is trying to accomplish with these media run-ins, however, is still a mystery. If it’s empathy, well, good luck with that.

In the interview with Armchair Expert, Harry also discussed three moments when he felt “entirely helpless.” Once in the back of a car with his mother Princess Diana while she was being chased by paparazzi, on a particular occasion in Afghanistan where he served as a chopper pilot, and lastly his well-documented experiences of media intrusion affecting his wife.

By the luck of the draw, not choice, however, he will never have to worry about a mortgage payment.

Once again, he lucked out.

markbonokoski@gmail.com

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Prince William attends the Ceremony of the Keys​

Prince William has taken part in the Ceremony of the Keys in his role as the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. At the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, the Duke of Cambridge stopped to speak with soldiers as he inspected the guard of honour and the band during the ceremony, and joked about being vaccinated at the Science Museum on Tuesday. Report by Roshni Patel.