Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne: Prince Harry is the 'poster boy' of white privilege
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Apr 17, 2021 • 6 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Prince Harry and Sharon Osbourne.
Prince Harry and Sharon Osbourne. PHOTO BY FILE PHOTOS /Getty Images
Article content
Sharon Osbourne has blasted Prince Harry as the “poster boy of white privilege”.

The star left her panel show The Talk last month after a dramatic exchange on-air about race when she defended her friend Piers Morgan over comments he made about Harry’s wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

During an interview with Bill Maher, Sharon lashed out at Prince Harry, sharing: “You know when they say white privilege? You know, right there with Harry. Right there. He is the poster boy. So you know, he sits there and says ‘daddy cut him off and he’s not on the wages anymore’ and he was boohooing about it.

“You can’t feel empathy for that. Because you’re a healthy, bright, educated young man. You can do whatever you want to do. Your life is your own.”

She also blasted the Duchess of Sussex’s claims that the Royal Family were unsupportive.

She said: “(The Queen) is from a different generation. They are notoriously non-huggy. I get it, because of her age. She’s from a different generation.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

And Sharon insisted she is not a racist.

Bill said: “(Piers) was called a racist and lost his job, and you were called a racist and lost your job. Do I have it right? Who’s the racist and why? This is what I’m trying to figure out.”

Sharon replied: “Me too. I’ve been called so many things in my life, I am so used to being called names, but a racist is one I will not take.”

Bill went on, “You have to agree with everything Meghan Markle says or you’re a racist? Is this the standard now?” as Sharon replied: “But disagreeing with somebody does not make you a racist in my book.”

She also revealed that she is “fine” and says she is a “fighter”.

“This word that they throw out about the cancel culture and it is, what are you doing? I’m fine, I’m fine,” insisted Sharon. “I’m a fighter and I’m doing just fine.’

“It’s about maybe not knowing what is correct and woke for your language that day because it changes from day to day what is correct and what isn’t. You cannot blanket every race. There is good and bad in every race.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
DISLOYAL ROYAL? William, Charles reportedly no longer trust Harry
Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Apr 20, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 2 minute read • 18 Comments
Britain's Prince Harry (left) and Prince William in better times.
Prince Harry (left) and Prince William in better times. PHOTO BY ODD ANDERSEN /Pool via Reuters
Article content
Prince Harry is facing a serious breach in trust when it comes to his dealings with other royals, a new report suggests.

According to the New York Post, the prince of wokeness is flying back to California without having heart-to-hearts with either Prince Charles or Prince William.

Reason? Neither of them reportedly trust him enough to speak alone.

The trio, along with William’s wife Kate, did have something of a clear-the-air chat after Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday, the U.K. Sun reported.

But because of some of the more outlandish claims in Harry and wife Meghan Markle’s pally chat with Oprah Winfrey, they reportedly feared anything they said would be twisted around. And then leaked to People magazine by Meghan’s acolytes.

Now, I probably should not be telling you this … Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Now, I probably should not be telling you this … Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
Charles and William’s standoffish approach is rooted in a conversation the heir to the throne had with his youngest son following the Oprah interview.

It was soon revealed by Gayle King, who stated the talks were “not productive.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
And despite earlier reports, the Post said Charles and Harry did not have a “one-on-one” chat after the funeral.

“They are being protective of one another — no one wants anything private being reported back to anyone. Nobody wants anything out there,” a U.K. royal source told the tabloid.

“And no one can pretend to know what was said on Saturday — it was just immediate family after the service.”

Another source said there’s still a way to go in mending the family feud.

“It’s not just Charles and William who want to keep their rapprochement private — but Harry too. No one needs Gayle King reporting on private family matters,” the source said.

Meanwhile, one author who has written numerous books on the Royal Family — including Meghan and Harry: The Real Story — doesn’t believe the marriage will last.

Lady Colin Campbell told the Post “Me-Me-Meghan” and Harry were doomed from almost the start.

“She and Harry won’t last. Once she became the royal Duchess of Sussex, it was off with everyone’s head,” Campbell said.

“Disconnected from reality, she lost it. Since fallout from the Oprah piece, her name’s mud throughout the Commonwealth, even in the islands.”

Campbell continued: “This wrong-footed woman stated untruths. She couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Knowing some statements could not be massaged into reality, Harry went along. Not pleased, he knew they were not true.”

Campbell added: “She’s picked America and a communal property state (California) and has two children. She’s got him. Difficult for him to get out. He’s entrapped.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry returns to U.S. following Prince Philip's funeral: Report
Publishing date:Apr 21, 2021 • 20 hours ago • 1 minute read • 36 Comments
Prince Harry arrives for the funeral of Prince Philip at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England.
Prince Harry arrives for the funeral of Prince Philip at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England. PHOTO BY VICTORIA JONES - WPA POOL /Getty Images
Article content
Prince Harry is reportedly back home in the U.S after returning to Britain for his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral.

The British royal flew to the U.K. in order to attend the funeral, which took place over the weekend, but it’s believed he boarded an American Airlines flight back to Los Angeles on Tuesday, arriving back to the city at around 1.30 p.m. local time.

According to the MailOnline, Harry’s car was seen leaving the private terminal at Los Angeles International Airport just minutes after the plane landed and was spotted arriving in Montecito – where he lives with pregnant wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and their 23-month-old son Archie – at around 4 p.m.

Harry’s return to the U.S. means he will miss his grandmother Queen Elizabeth’s 95th birthday on Wednesday, following previous reports he was “conflicted” as to whether to stay for the occasion or to get back to his spouse.

Harry spent most of his time in the U.K. in quarantine at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor and will now begin another 10-day isolation period in California, although it is not mandatory as it is in the U.K.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

CDC guidelines recommend international travellers undergo coronavirus testing before departure and then self-isolate on their return.

Local guidance in California asks both visitors and residents to fill in a form which includes contact details when they land, and though travellers should quarantine, there are exemptions for those who have made the trip for work or urgent family reasons.

Harry’s return to the U.K. marked the first time he had seen his family since he and Meghan gave their tell-all interview to Oprah Winfrey.

It has been claimed he spent three hours “clearing the air” with his father, Prince Charles, and brother, Prince William, after the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.

Harry is expected to return to the U.K. again at the end of July to join his brother for the unveiling of a memorial to their late mother, Princess Diana.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry reportedly met with Queen Elizabeth 'at least twice' in England
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Apr 22, 2021 • 23 hours ago • 1 minute read • 11 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (foreground), and other Royals, follow Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's coffin during the Ceremonial Procession during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (foreground), and other Royals, follow Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's coffin during the Ceremonial Procession during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /Getty Images
Article content
A friend of Meghan Markle’s says Prince Harry met the Queen privately “at least twice” and spoke to his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William after the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral at Windsor Castle last week.

Omid Scobie, Royal Editor for Harper’s Bazaar was reported to have made the claim while MailOnline’s Dan Wooton said Charles and Williams wanted to meet with Harry within the grounds of the castle.

Scobie said Harry met with Queen Elizabeth before the funeral, according to the Daily Mail.

It was the first time Harry had met with his grandmother in person since the notorious interview he and Markle had with Oprah.

Scobie quoted sources in Harpers Bazaar who said of Harry: “The love and respect he has for his grandmother will always be unwavering.

“This trip was to honour the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives. It was very much a family-focused period of time. Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length. The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”

Scobie wrote a book, Finding Freedom, about Harry and Meghan leaving royal life and moving to California.

Scobie also reported Markle, and son Archie had spoken with the Queen over the phone. Markle, who is pregnant, did not make the trip to England for the funeral.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Oprah shocked at Prince Harry and Meghan's honesty during tell-all interview
Publishing date:Apr 24, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 2 minute read • 23 Comments
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
Article content
Oprah Winfrey was shocked that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were so open in their interview with her.

The couple spoke to Oprah last month for a bombshell interview in which they made some shocking claims, including allegations of racism in the Royal Family.

Speaking at the launch of Nancy O’Dell’s Channel on talkshoplive, where she was promoting her book What Happened To You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing, Oprah confessed: “I had no idea that it would have the reverberating impact it has had and continues to have. I did a lot of preparation for that.

“(I was shocked when Meghan said that royal family members had) conversations with Harry about how dark (Archie’s) skin might be when he’s born.

“I’m like, ‘What? You’re going there? You’re going all the way there’.”

Oprah admitted many of the revelations made by Prince Harry and Meghan came as a surprise to her, as she had not discussed details with them before filming.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
She said, “Whenever I’m doing interviews with anybody for anything that is significant, I have a conversation with them before.

“I didn’t see Harry and Meghan before but I did text them and say intention is very important to me, tell me what your intention is, so that we can be aligned in our goal. And our shared intention was the truth. They wanted to be able to tell their story and tell it in such a way that allowed them to be as truthful as possible.

“The reason why it was such a powerful interview — first of all, I know how to ask questions, but what makes it powerful is when you have someone else who is willing to be as open, as vulnerable, as truthful, as they were.

“So, I don’t give myself credit for that, I give myself credit for asking the questions, but the reason the interview was what it was, was because they answered the way they did.”

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Prince Harry (left) and Prince William in better times.
DISLOYAL ROYAL? William, Charles reportedly no longer trust Harry
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (foreground), and other Royals, follow Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's coffin during the Ceremonial Procession during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England.
Prince Harry reportedly met with Queen Elizabeth 'at least twice' in England

Oprah also revealed she made a personal plea to the crew not to leak any details of the interview before it was shown on TV.

She said, “I remember when we finished doing the interview and that interview was three hours and 20 minutes I think, and I stood up and said to the crew, we all know what was said here, and how important it is to have the trust of the people who just shared that, and so I’m hoping you all will not go out into the world and share what has happened here. And nobody did.

“And so, as we were releasing clips to CBS, we were releasing them in such a way that whatever was being put out there could not be exploited. So a lot of time and effort and energy went into it on my part.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Royal rapprochement on ice after 'leaks' from Meghan pals
Publishing date:Apr 25, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • 19 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (foreground), and other Royals, follow Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's coffin during the Ceremonial Procession during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /Getty Images
Article content
Any hopes of a Royal reconciliation have been scuppered — at least for now.

Palace insiders told the U.K. Sun that a tidal wave of leaks “from the Sussex side” have jeopardized a detente between Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle and the rest of the Royals.

Former Suits star Markle has a direct pipeline to People magazine, Oprah Winfrey and elsewhere.

The newspaper noted that “within hours” of Harry landing in Los Angeles following his U.K. trip for Prince Phillips funeral, a slew of stories appeared.

Oh, oh. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are unlikely to get the easy ride they got from Oprah in a new tell-all.
Oh, oh. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are unlikely to get the easy ride they got from Oprah in a new tell-all. PHOTO BY BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS,KENA BETANCUR /AFP via Getty Images
It’s not just the leaks themselves but how quickly they hit the media. As a result, aides are deeply concerned about any future talks between the warring factions.

On Wednesday, People reported the details of a private call between Meghan, son Archie and the Queen hours before Philip’s funeral.

One of Markle’s chief PR weapons is the couple’s hagiographer, Omid Scobie, who wrote a flowery biography about the pair.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Not long after Harry’s return to the U.S., Scobie was blabbing.

Citing “sources close” to Harry, the gadfly revealed the ginger prince had spoken twice with his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth.

“Saturday broke the ice for future conversations, but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length,” Scobie breathlessly reported.

“The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”

Another favoured outlet for Markle, who has proven herself a master media manipulator, is People.

The Sun noted that when the crisis was in its embryonic state in February 2019, five of Markle’s pals marched on the mag.

They revealed the horrors of Markle’s royal life and the “global bullying” she had endured. Remarkably, the story that emerged was similar to the tale the couple told Oprah Winfrey.

Markle has always denied any knowledge of Team Meghan’s media machinations.

It had been hoped Prince Phillip’s funeral might result in some thawing in relations between Harry, 36, and Prince William, 38. But insiders said Hollywood Harry is no longer trusted to keep confidences.

When the prince and Markle turned their backs on royal life in 2020, it created a gigantic schism with William and his father, Prince Charles, that has yet to be breached.

The salt on the wound came courtesy of their Oprah Winfrey tell-all, seen by millions around the planet.

And Harry didn’t stick around for the Queen’s 95th birthday bash and flew back to L.A. a day earlier.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
According to the New York Post, instead, Harry was spotted having a power lunch with L.A. charity queen Wallis Annenberg.

“They sat outside, far from other people, and Harry came in wearing a mask,” a witness told the Post.

Wallis, 81, heads her family’s multi-billion-dollar Annenberg Foundation.

Harry and Markle signed a multi-year deal with Netflix last year and are in the process of creating their first series, Heart of Invictus, the prince’s pet charity for wounded warriors.

Harry’s next opportunity for detente is when he is expected to return to the U.K. on July 1 for the unveiling of a statue of his mother, Princess Diana.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Doubtful Prince William will ever forgive Meghan's betrayal: Royal insider
Publishing date:Apr 28, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 2 minute read • 11 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London March 9, 2020.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London March 9, 2020. PHOTO BY PHIL HARRIS / POOL /AFP via Getty Images / Files
Article content
Prince William reportedly worried about the “motivations” of his sister-in-law Meghan Markle long before she married Prince Harry.

While much has been made over the rupture in the relationship between the two brothers, according to one report, the real feud is between William and Markle.

Even before Megxit, the Daily Mail reports, William had grown increasingly angry and distrustful of his sister-in-law.

Her pally chat with friend Oprah Winfrey was the final straw.

“Much has been made of the troubles between Kate and Meghan, and William and Harry – but perhaps the biggest strains now exist between William and Meghan,” a royal insider told the Mail.

“First and foremost, William cannot countenance the way Meghan has treated his wife. He feels Kate tried at the beginning, but it was never enough.

“But to name Kate so publicly during the Oprah interview as the person who made her cry was beyond the pale. Meghan would have been acutely aware that Kate is powerless to fight back.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The source added: “Despite her growing confidence in public, Kate is a deeply sensitive woman who likes to stay behind-the-scenes as much as possible to support her family and the country. William thinks the way she has been treated is unfair.”

Kate Middleton (left) and Meghan Markle walk together in Sandringham, England. (WENN file photo)
Kate Middleton (left) and Meghan Markle walk together in Sandringham, England. (WENN file photo)
The newspaper suggests that William and Kate went out of their way to welcome Meghan to the family. But it wasn’t enough.

“William soon began to wonder about some of Meghan’s traits and motivations,” another source told the Mail.

“He was worried that at times she seemed to be more concerned about her personal progression or profile over the wider goals and aims of the Royal Family.”

But after Megxit, the gloves were off because William believed Markle was disrespecting the Queen and the family.

Royal insiders hope that an event honouring the brothers’ late mother, Princess Diana, in July may take some of the air out of their feud.

Only Prince Andrew had worse approval ratings than Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, seen here being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Only Prince Andrew had worse approval ratings than Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, seen here being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
It is unlikely Markle will attend after giving birth to a baby girl and there are fears she may be booed if she does.

The most recent revelations come as a new poll shows that Harry and Meghan’s approval ratings have fallen to their lowest levels ever.

The dip following Prince Philip’s funeral follows a steep decline in the wake of the explosive interview with Winfrey.

The YouGov survey found Harry’s popularity fell by another three points. Meghan’s approval rating dropped by five points.

Both Prince Edward and Prince Charles saw a sharp increase in their popularity. The Queen remains the most popular royal of all with support at 85%.

Prince William and Kate Middleton also remain very popular with a 75% approval rating.

At the rear of the Royal pack is scandal-ridden Prince Andrew, who has a negative rating of 79%. Harry has a negative rating of 49%.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Doubtful Prince William will ever forgive Meghan's betrayal: Royal insider
Publishing date:Apr 28, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 2 minute read • 11 Comments
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London March 9, 2020.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London March 9, 2020. PHOTO BY PHIL HARRIS / POOL /AFP via Getty Images / Files
Article content
Prince William reportedly worried about the “motivations” of his sister-in-law Meghan Markle long before she married Prince Harry.

While much has been made over the rupture in the relationship between the two brothers, according to one report, the real feud is between William and Markle.

Even before Megxit, the Daily Mail reports, William had grown increasingly angry and distrustful of his sister-in-law.

Her pally chat with friend Oprah Winfrey was the final straw.

“Much has been made of the troubles between Kate and Meghan, and William and Harry – but perhaps the biggest strains now exist between William and Meghan,” a royal insider told the Mail.

“First and foremost, William cannot countenance the way Meghan has treated his wife. He feels Kate tried at the beginning, but it was never enough.

“But to name Kate so publicly during the Oprah interview as the person who made her cry was beyond the pale. Meghan would have been acutely aware that Kate is powerless to fight back.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The source added: “Despite her growing confidence in public, Kate is a deeply sensitive woman who likes to stay behind-the-scenes as much as possible to support her family and the country. William thinks the way she has been treated is unfair.”

The newspaper suggests that William and Kate went out of their way to welcome Meghan to the family. But it wasn’t enough.

“William soon began to wonder about some of Meghan’s traits and motivations,” another source told the Mail.

“He was worried that at times she seemed to be more concerned about her personal progression or profile over the wider goals and aims of the Royal Family.”

But after Megxit, the gloves were off because William believed Markle was disrespecting the Queen and the family.

Royal insiders hope that an event honouring the brothers’ late mother, Princess Diana, in July may take some of the air out of their feud.

Only Prince Andrew had worse approval ratings than Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, seen here being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Only Prince Andrew had worse approval ratings than Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, seen here being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
It is unlikely Markle will attend after giving birth to a baby girl and there are fears she may be booed if she does.

The most recent revelations come as a new poll shows that Harry and Meghan’s approval ratings have fallen to their lowest levels ever.

The dip following Prince Philip’s funeral follows a steep decline in the wake of the explosive interview with Winfrey.

The YouGov survey found Harry’s popularity fell by another three points. Meghan’s approval rating dropped by five points.

Both Prince Edward and Prince Charles saw a sharp increase in their popularity. The Queen remains the most popular royal of all with support at 85%.

Prince William and Kate Middleton also remain very popular with a 75% approval rating.

At the rear of the Royal pack is scandal-ridden Prince Andrew, who has a negative rating of 79%. Harry has a negative rating of 49%.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

I probably wouldn't even touch Meghan with yours.

I'd do Kate, though.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Torn Prince Harry 'regretful and embarrassed' over Oprah chat: Royal biographer
Publishing date:Apr 30, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 1 minute read • 17 Comments
Maybe Oprah was not such a bright idea. A Royal expert said Prince Harry now regrets the tell-all talk with Winfrey.
Maybe Oprah was not such a bright idea. A Royal expert said Prince Harry now regrets the tell-all talk with Winfrey. PHOTO BY POOL /REUTERS
Article content
A Royal biographer claims that Prince Harry is probably “regretful and embarrassed” for betraying his family in the explosive Oprah Winfrey interviewer.

His wife, Meghan Markle, however, is “in her element,” claims Duncan Larcombe, author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story.

And Larcombe told the U.K.’s Closer magazine the pair are now in for a “difficult ride.”

“Harry was clearly hurt and angry about Meghan’s experience with the royals — and used the interview to get it out,” Larcombe said, adding that the prince is a “hot-headed guy.”

“But after returning home, I’ve no doubt he’s been feeling embarrassed, regretful and awkward.”

Prince Harry is regretful over the bombshell interview. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention.
Prince Harry is regretful over the bombshell interview. Meghan, on the other hand, is loving the attention. PHOTO BY HARPO PRODUCTIONS/JOE PUGLIESE /Handout via REUTERS
And Larcombe said he foresees a time when Harry rues the day the couple spilled the royal tea.

“He’s now facing the consequences. I believe he’ll regret that interview — and maybe his decision to leave the Royal Family,” Larcombe added.

Following the funeral of Prince Philip, Larcombe claimed it was obvious Harry was “feeling numb” as he returned home to Los Angeles and his pregnant wife.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“You could see in his face at the funeral that he was torn,” the writer said.

“Coming home has reminded him of everything he’s sacrificed in recent years — and of the recent damage done.”

Markle, on the other hand, is “elated” and “in her element” under the California sun, where she went from B-list actress to royalty.

“Her dream was always L.A. So these two feelings — Meghan excited for their future and Harry nostalgic for his old life — are bound to cause tension for them,” Larcombe told the magazine.

The pair have been pounded in the British press.
The pair have been pounded in the British press.
“I can’t see how Harry can live this new life and keep things harmonious with his family.” he said, calling it a “lose-lose situation.”

“I just don’t think that Harry will be able to live harmoniously as a part of these two worlds — the royals and the L.A. showbiz world.

“He’s in for a very difficult ride. There could be tough times ahead.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Harry will get rid of her soon and then return back to his normal Royal duties as the spare to the Throne.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Reality shattered Meghan Markle's palace fantasy: Insider
Publishing date:May 04, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 2 minute read • 38 Comments
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, left, and Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, left, and Oprah Winfrey. PHOTO BY BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS,KENA BETANCUR /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Meghan Markle’s brief stint as a royal was grand.

Just not as grand as she thought it was going to be.

According to one insider, the former Suits actress apparently “misread” her Royal Family status and when it fell short, Markle felt “shunted off.”

And her biggest sore point was that Kate Middleton was living in Kensington Palace and not her, author Tom Quinn told the Pod Save the Queen podcast.

Quinn said the Californian had been drawn in by the fantasy of a lush, royal life after she married Prince Harry. Reality was decidedly less glamorous.

One of her chief complaints was that the newlyweds were “disappointed” they had to reside in “little” Frogmore Cottage. Inside Kensington Palace were Prince William and Kate Middleton.

It soon dawned on Markle that she was, in fact, a “second-tier royal,” Quinn said.

“I think that actually, she wasn’t too keen on that,” he told the podcast. “It seemed like they were being shunted off to a little prefab in the grounds.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Meanwhile, according to the Daily Mirror, the Royal Family are fed up with dealing with the fallout of the bombshell Oprah Winfrey tell-all.

“The Oprah Winfrey interview, let’s not make any bones about it, went down like a lead balloon,” Russell Myers, royal editor of the Mirror, told the U.K.’s TalkRadio. “As far as Harry and Meghan are concerned, I think they will be left to sort things out on their own.”

He added: “They’ve been a distraction for the most part for the family … There will be quite a lot of dissatisfaction within the camp, and it remains to be seen whether they will be brought back in.”

When Harry was in the U.K. for his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral, efforts at a detente fell through. And now, the Prince of California is on the sidelines.

“The rest of the Royal Family are very, very united in trying to get back to business,” Myers said, adding that Prince Charles remains in a “cold fury.”

“If that is his state of mind, I think the British people will be behind him every step of the way. I think most people think, ‘That guy Harry does not deserve to be forgiven,’” he said.

However, Myers added that rather than being in decline, the monarchy will enter a “new dawn” when William becomes king.

“I don’t think it’s the last straw for the monarchy. I think it’s an evolution rather than a revolution,” he said.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Meghan Markle writes children's book
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:May 04, 2021 • 20 hours ago • 1 minute read • 22 Comments
Meghan Markle's new children's book is called The Bench.
Meghan Markle's new children's book is called The Bench. PHOTO BY HANDOUT /SCREEN GRAB
Article content
Meghan Markle has written a children’s book called The Bench — about the relationship between father and sons.

The book, due out June 8 and selling for (US)$18.99, was reportedly inspired by a poem she wrote for Harry after their son Archie was born.

The Duchess of Sussex, 39, said the book, which will be released simultaneously in the U.K. and U.S., was inspired by a poem she penned for Harry on Father’s Day — the month after Archie was born — and would explore the “special bond between father and son” as “seen through a mother’s eyes.”

The book will be published by Random House Children’s Books and illustrated by bestselling Californian artist Christian Robinson.

According to a publicity release, Markle wanted the story to be told through an “inclusive lens” and it will feature a “diverse group of father and sons.”

Markle will also narrate the audiobook, which costs $4.99.

Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle.
Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /Getty Images
It isn’t known if Markle has received an advance for the book and whether the proceeds will go to charity.

A press statement describes the Duchess of Sussex as a “mother, wife, feminist, and activist” who resides in her home state of California with her family, two dogs, and a “growing flock of rescue chickens.”
1620236554046.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
MEGHAN MARKLE MOCKED! Book called 'pious, hectoring gibberish'
Publishing date:May 05, 2021 • 25 minutes ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for a photograph in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace November 27, 2017.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for a photograph in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace November 27, 2017. PHOTO BY DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Critics are heaping derision on Meghan Markle’s new children’s book, characterizing it as an exercise in hypocrisy.

Markle announced the $18.99 tome — called The Bench — which she said is inspired by hubby Prince Harry and their son Archie.

But the book is about relationships between fathers and their children which is ironic given the Duchess of Sussex’s own tumultuous relationship with her father.

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told the Daily Mail the choice of subject matter was “extraordinary”.

“According to its publishers, it is a touching, illustrated exploration of the ‘special bond between father and son’ told through a mother’s eyes,'” Fitzwilliams told the newspaper.

Meghan Markle’s new children’s book is called The Bench.
Meghan Markle’s new children’s book is called The Bench. PHOTO BY HANDOUT /SCREEN GRAB
“The choice of subject matter, however, was bound to raise eyebrows. Meghan seeks to highlight the undoubted bond between Harry and Archie, but it is common knowledge that she is publicly estranged from her own father, Thomas, whom Harry has never met.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
He added: “Also, the fact that Harry recently revealed to the world on Oprah that there was a rift between him and his father and that he had been cut off financially, was one of many shocks which that unfortunate interview provided.”

And the former Suits actress was also keen to burnish the twosome’s woke bona fides by saying the tale would be told through an “inclusive lens.”

photo illustration
photo illustration
Royal author Penny Junor told the U.K. Sun she thought the 39-year-old was on “dodgy ground.”

“It’s very easy to talk about relationships between fathers and sons when they are two-years-old,” Junor said. “But problems come when the children are older — as Meghan found out with her father and Harry with Prince Charles.”

Junor added: “She is on dodgy ground because of her relationship with her father and Harry with his.”

Fitzwilliams said that given the damaging Oprah interview, a book about families is rich indeed.

“It is the most extraordinary time for Meghan to choose to highlight the relations between fathers and sons, as though she, the main participant in one of the most divisive interviews ever given, was actually a healer,” he said.

It is estimated that Markle received an advance of between $425,000 and $850,000. She used the pen name Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.”

Longtime Markle critic Piers Morgan was particularly cutting.

“When it comes to flogging her book, what author name does Meghan Markle use? Ah, of course: ‘Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex’,” Morgan wrote in the Daily Mail.

“Yes, she continues to cynically exploit her royal titles because she knows that’s the only reason anyone is paying her vast sums of money to spew her uniquely unctuous brand of pious hectoring gibberish in Netflix documentaries, Spotify podcasts, or children’s books.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun
1620241041685.png