Pierre Polievre on the Liberal Gun Laws - this is an excellent and simple answer.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

He's right. That absolutely nails it. Trudeau succeeds by making a majority afraid and scared of a minority, and he's done that again and again. Last election it was the evil 'unvaxxed' who were going to kill us all. He's done it with the poor against the rich, the east against the west, one religion against another or against the non religious, gun owners against the non gun owners, etc etc. Divide - then pick the strongest group and offer to protect them against the weaker evil group.

And he does hate independant people and rural people. He wants EVERYONE to be dependent on the gov't to a large extent because then they are forced to support him and oppose anyone who thinks gov't should be smaller.

It's that simple folks.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What’re ya talking about? How can “those people are putting us all at risk” possibly be thought of as divisive?

Dislike for Trudeau is strongest in B.C. and Manitoba and Saskatchewan, at 60 per cent, followed closely by Alberta and Quebec at 58 per cent, so that would naturally be the scapegoat target “if” Trudeau was actually doing what you’re proposing that he’s doing. I can see that being said about Justin’s Dad (Pierre, not Fidel) based upon the 1980 election results, but Justin???
1673835126689.png
Western Canadians have long memories and that might be part of the perception. A year later (so 1981-ish) the (Pierre) Trudeau Liberals unveiled the infamous National Energy Program (NEP).

So Justin saying “One of the challenges is there is a political class in Alberta that has decided that anything to do with climate change is going to be bad for them or for Alberta” might be mistakenly perceived by Albertans as divisive, but Justin must be speaking for ALL Canadians as he preaches that Canada should "phase out" the oilsands in Alberta for their own good, and a “Just Transition” to Drywallers and Tim Hortons employees.

They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau. “It’s a small group that muscles in, and we have to make a choice in terms of leaders, in terms of the country. Do we tolerate these people?”

How can labeling people you haven’t even met with (then refused to meet with) “racist and misogynistic” possibly be thought of as divisive? Trudeau speaks for ALL Canadians. He told us that.

The federal government has been concentrating on reducing the production and use of carbon-based energy, especially in Western Canada. This has often taken the form of putting roadblocks up to inhibit the development, production, transport and export of oil and gas.

This comes at a cost to Alberta – the primary producer – and to all actual and potential energy users. Many bristled at Canada’s oil sands being called dirty when its production is cleaner and safer than just about any other oil produced anywhere.

They’re frustrated by the lack of infrastructure, such as sufficient pipelines and liquefaction plants for natural gas. And they’re puzzled by limitations on oil tankers on the West Coast but not elsewhere.

(The federal government has approved a $12-billion deep water oil project, Bay du Nord, off Newfoundland and Labrador. Apparently, merely moving oil in tankers is far too environmentally dangerous in the Pacific. But drilling for and producing 200,000 or more barrels of oil per day and then moving it from the site poses no dangers in the Atlantic, ‘cuz unity)

JT stated “Albertans and people in Saskatchewan have faced very difficult years over these past few years because of global commodity prices, because of challenges they’re facing, that for a long time they weren’t able to get their resources to markets other than the United States.

“We are moving forward to solve some of those challenges but it’s going to take ALL Canadians sticking together, helping out folks who are struggling in places like Alberta and Saskatchewan. This is what Canadians expect of their government,” Trudeau said.

Still, these actions have been accepted by Central Canada as a price to be paid for long-run environmental improvement.

Speaking at a town hall in Peterborough, Ont., Trudeau said, "You can’t make a choice between what's good for the environment and what's good for the economy," Trudeau said. "We can't shut down the oilsands tomorrow. We need to phase them out. We need to manage the transition off of our dependence on fossil fuels.” That’s obviously aimed at ALL Canadians to unify them…so I’m sure he’ll next preach about not canceling the Automotive industry in Ontario or the Areospace industry in Quebec immediately but phasing them out in a few years, right?

Justin Trudeau, to unify Canada further, appointed Steven Guilbeault as his (Canada’s I guess) new environment minister who came to politics through a history of climate change activism, including scaling the CN tower in 2001 to unfurl a banner calling for climate action and founding the Quebec environmental group Équiterre. Don’t want any mixed messages on the unity front. Good job.

Guilbeault said the government has been clear about its plan, with a carbon tax that will gradually rise to $170 per tonne by 2030. He said he does not intend to limit new oil and gas projects for Western Canada direcly, because production is a provincial responsibility, but he will put hard limits on pollution.

See, this is on Guilbeault and not Trudeau ‘cuz Trudeau is all about unity. At the top of the federal agenda sits net zero, the project to end the use of fossil fuels. The feds have moved aggressively to occupy the field on climate change and thus restrict the development of Alberta and Saskatchewan’s natural resources. But that’s not JT, that’s Guilbeault.

JT says that Diversity is Canada’s strength!! Unified non-divisive diversity. The prime minister, Justin Trudeau, articulated this when he told the New York Times Magazine that Canada could be the “first postnational state”. He added: “There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada.”

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
What’re ya talking about? How can “those people are putting us all at risk” possibly be thought of as divisive?
I feel foolish for having said it now. I shall take 18 hours and re-evaluate my life.

How can labeling people you haven’t even met with (then refused to meet with) “racist and misogynistic” possibly be thought of as divisive? Trudeau speaks for ALL Canadians. He told us that.

true. I mean its' not like it's ever been an issue before referring to a group of people as 'those people' or 'you people' like that. Right Don? I mean Ron....

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The thing is, this is happening all over the Western World. Divide and conquer. And it's the ALT-left who are the instigators. I mean we're to the point where hospital security is killing people for having the fucking temerity to lower their masks to breathe for a few minutes, and fucking getting away with it. All because of the panic and divisiveness govt instilled over Covid.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The thing is, this is happening all over the Western World. Divide and conquer. And it's the ALT-left who are the instigators. I mean we're to the point where hospital security is killing people for having the fucking temerity to lower their masks to breathe for a few minutes, and fucking getting away with it. All because of the panic and divisiveness govt instilled over Covid.
As PP said - this is a very old and usually successful technique, although historically its just as hard on the country or groups in question as it's been here.

Hitler was a fan, not only using it on a macro level politically (we all know about the jews and gypsy persecution ) but also on a mirco level, pitting each of his subordinates against each other by convincing them the other was trying to win favour with him at their expense.

We see it going back to the romans. I've little doubt it predates that by a fair bit as well. Charities and 'special interest groups' like environmental groups use a variant as well with great success.

At the end of the day, fear and anger have always been the greatest motivators of people. IF you can make them afraid, or if you can make them angry, you can direct their actions very effectively. If you can make them afraid AND angry nothing can stop you. But they need something or someone to be afraid of and angry about.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You're right. The neo-Nazis in the U.S. and Germany (for example) are just innocent victims of the EEE-vil soshulists!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You're right. The neo-Nazis in the U.S. and Germany (for example) are just innocent victims of the EEE-vil soshulists!
Stephanie Warriner was a neo-nazi? Do you have proof of that? Seems the entire Freedom Convoy were a bunch of neo-nazis too. Except Groper used the term "White supremacist". But yeah, I'm sure it's only real neo-nazis that are dealing with the fallout from the ALT-left's politics of division and nobody else. I mean Jesus Christ dude, Groper even accused a Conservative MP whose parents (or grandparents, I don't remember right now) were holocaust survivors, of being in league with neo-nazis. That's how fucking depraved the left has gotten.

In the US in 2020 you had a bunch of ALT-left fuckwits looting the country and burning it down, even to the point of declaring parts of Seattle and Portland as autonomous. And yet I'm supposed to believe that on Jan 6 2021 the most heavily armed population on the planet attempted an unarmed insurrection in Washington D.C.
And of course we can't forget ol' Hillary the Hag calling half of the US a bag of deplorables.

But yer right, I'm sure it's all the fault of the tiny handful of neo-nazis man.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
But yer right, I'm sure it's all the fault of the tiny handful of neo-nazis man.
it's one of the games the left plays - Our ideas are the best ideas and completely without any flaws - so the ONLY people who COULD be hurt by them are baaaaad people. Evil, deplorable people. So if you claim you're negatively affected in ANY way, then you must by definition be an evil person.

This is why they think that the whole country is full of nazis - they literally define 'nazi' as "anyone who doesn't like what we do 100 percent". As you can see here - the moment complaints were raised, TB played the nazi card.

The modern left are terrible, intolerant people who promote hatred and misinformation. TB' reaction here is just more proof.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Stephanie Warriner was a neo-nazi? Do you have proof of that? Seems the entire Freedom Convoy were a bunch of neo-nazis too. Except Groper used the term "White supremacist". But yeah, I'm sure it's only real neo-nazis that are dealing with the fallout from the ALT-left's politics of division and nobody else. I mean Jesus Christ dude, Groper even accused a Conservative MP whose parents (or grandparents, I don't remember right now) were holocaust survivors, of being in league with neo-nazis. That's how fucking depraved the left has gotten.

In the US in 2020 you had a bunch of ALT-left fuckwits looting the country and burning it down, even to the point of declaring parts of Seattle and Portland as autonomous. And yet I'm supposed to believe that on Jan 6 2021 the most heavily armed population on the planet attempted an unarmed insurrection in Washington D.C.
And of course we can't forget ol' Hillary the Hag calling half of the US a bag of deplorables.

Did they hurt your feelings? Poor you. Poor, poor you.

I really don't care what the Choice Minister of a client state says about anything.

Funny how they were "looting the country and burning it down," and I didn't see any of it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I really don't care what the Choice Minister of a client state says about anything.

Funny how they were "looting the country and burning it down," and I didn't see any of it.
Because you obviously stay away from the slums and stay cocooned in the gated community like the rest of official Washington . Sad to see your football team sucks .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I guess they didnt find anything worth looting in the Marriot lounge?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Nope. Went to work, came home, visited a few other cities, nothing on fire.

Bit of a kerfuffle in DC when the cops and National Guard attacked peaceful protesters legally in Lafayette Park, but that don't fit your narrative.
You are honestly claiming that a) there were no riots or fires or 4 billion dollars worth of damage in a single summer? And b) that you didn't hear anything about that .... but some how DID manage to hear about a 'kerfuffle' with the national guard which you've mischaracterized as an assault on peaceful protesters?

You do yourself nor your argument any service by lying.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
There was civil unrest. We worked it out.
Ah. So you did notice. So you were just lying. Again.

See - here's a lesson in life. If you have to lie to try to make your point, you probably don't have a very good point.

Must be hard, being a leftie these days. It's a life full of dishonesty hatred and anger. I remember when the left was all about peace love and harmony, and used to be free speech advocates :) Man - those guys would get beat up and burned by the lefties today that's for sure :)