People with Disabilities Assistance Petition

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A strange story indeed. Why wouldn't anyone help him........?

Hi! My name is Andrew Gurza. I am a Disability Awareness Consultant, and a wheelchair user.

I was recently denied assistance from Passport Canada when I went to get my passport renewed. I expressed that due to my spastic Cerebral Palsy I would need help writing and was told by the agent that they don't provide that service. I want to make sure that Government Offices in Canada; Passport Canada, Service Canada, etc. can provide assistance to People with Disabilities when they need it.

For instance, if I require an agent to scribe for me, or if I can type, but not write, I would like for there to be accessible accommodations like a computer kiosk, or I would like to be able to sign a waiver so that a government agent can assist me. This would allow for Canadians with Disabilities the freedom, independence and security to enter a government office on their own, and know their needs will be met in a safe, timely and respectful manner.

Services like this would show that the Government of Canada is truly committed to providing fully accessible spaces to People with Disabilities.

That's why I am asking you to sign and share my petition. Thanks for your support!

https://www.change.org/p/canadian-g..._context=signature_receipt&recruiter=76550894

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Teqsb_Of88

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
A strange story indeed. Why wouldn't anyone help him........?

Hi! My name is Andrew Gurza. I am a Disability Awareness Consultant, and a wheelchair user.

I was recently denied assistance from Passport Canada when I went to get my passport renewed. I expressed that due to my spastic Cerebral Palsy I would need help writing and was told by the agent that they don't provide that service. I want to make sure that Government Offices in Canada; Passport Canada, Service Canada, etc. can provide assistance to People with Disabilities when they need it.

For instance, if I require an agent to scribe for me, or if I can type, but not write, I would like for there to be accessible accommodations like a computer kiosk, or I would like to be able to sign a waiver so that a government agent can assist me. This would allow for Canadians with Disabilities the freedom, independence and security to enter a government office on their own, and know their needs will be met in a safe, timely and respectful manner.

Services like this would show that the Government of Canada is truly committed to providing fully accessible spaces to People with Disabilities.

That's why I am asking you to sign and share my petition. Thanks for your support!

https://www.change.org/p/canadian-g..._context=signature_receipt&recruiter=76550894

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Teqsb_Of88

How about you just bring a friend?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I find your lack of compassion disturbing, petroglyph. A passport is good for 5 years. A lot can happen in 5 years.