Parents fight sex offender's return to school

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If he had captured the images of women in public and then whacked off in private, he'd have no legal or work related problems.

While this pervert's behavior is disturbing and repulsive, he didn't assault anyone and it didn't involve children. Based on the superficial inofrmation in this thread, I see no indication he is a pedophile or attracted to children.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Parents fight sex offender's return to school

A Nova Scotia community is in an uproar because an elementary school teacher and convicted sex offender could soon be back in the classroom.
Peter Speight was fired from his job at New Germany Elementary School in 2008 after pleading guilty to three indecent acts. He was given a conditional discharge, which means he has no criminal record.
The school board's decision to fire him was overturned by an arbitrator, and that decision was upheld by a Supreme Court justice.
Now Speight wants his job back. He's fighting the Department of Education to get his teaching certificate back.

Parents fight sex offender's return to school - Yahoo! News Canada

It'll be interesting to see which way this ends up going. To me, on cursory review of the information in the article, I think it pretty much all hinges on this:

So it all comes down to how the plea agreement went in the courtroom? That's my take on it anyway. If he had a criminal conviction/record I think they can bar him from teaching. The only reason he doesn't is because of the plea deal that was worked out.

Irrespective of whether anyone poses a direct threat to children or not, I wouldn't want anyone guilty of a sex crime to be in the position of teaching children.
Easy solution; give him a job teaching gorillas at a zoo.

Would they? They can say that they're "homeschooling" them. I believe it would stick in a lot of craws if they got in more "trouble" than the skeezy teacher did.
Or just stick their kids in a different school.

I've been looking things up and found that peeing on the roadside is the same crime as being a wanker (both are indecent exposure). I also found that (in SK) you can't take you kid out of school longer than 5 days without continuing their education in some legitimate form based on the provincial curriculum.
Same crime, different effects.
Public schools are not the only places to get gov't approved education.

If he had captured the images of women in public and then whacked off in private, he'd have no legal or work related problems.

While this pervert's behavior is disturbing and repulsive, he didn't assault anyone and it didn't involve children. Based on the superficial inofrmation in this thread, I see no indication he is a pedophile or attracted to children.
So the school has no pretty women teaching there he may want to do his thing in front of? With kids around?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Who has suggested that he is?