Pancakes for breakfast....or whatever

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I usually just use the mix, seems fine to me.

.....but, a friend of mine in town where my cottage is has a sugar shack, all stainless steel (I'll get a picture of it) and the syrup that comes from it is like pure heaven. Yum.:cool:

And if you didn't have any mix? Would you go without? I think it is nice to be independent. The pancakes from the recipe above are as good as any mix..

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
tomorrow morning's breakfast is all made up already: chocolate muffins!

Boy, do they ever smell good. Now that they have cooled down, I put them in a container and into the fridge. Can hardly wait until tomorrow for a terrific brekkie!

Make your own by just taking any form of pancake mix, add chocolate, add honey, and put into a cupcake pan. Mmmmmmm!!!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I made three large muffins and was hoping to have brekkie ready for three days - instead, I ate two of them this morning cause they were soooooooo good! :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I made three large muffins and was hoping to have brekkie ready for three days - instead, I ate two of them this morning cause they were soooooooo good! :)

Isn't that always the way? I sometimes wonder how come, when you have a limited quantity of an item it tastes sooooo good.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Isn't that always the way? I sometimes wonder how come, when you have a limited quantity of an item it tastes sooooo good.

It's the terrific smell those muffins have - makes them absolutely irresistible especially with good coffee. My best ones are when I put sweet coco cream into the mix = the taste is beyond description.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's the terrific smell those muffins have - makes them absolutely irresistible especially with good coffee. My best ones are when I put sweet coco cream into the mix = the taste is beyond description.

I'm eating spring greens at this very moment. Cause they're healthy...but I want muffins...I'm in trouble...soo much trouble...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I'm eating spring greens at this very moment. Cause they're healthy...but I want muffins...I'm in trouble...soo much trouble...

I had a terrific cheeseburger dinner tonight and prepared three muffins for this weekend's brekkie - can hardly wait to dig into them with my morning coffee

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Was terribly upset at the way the NY Giants got their butts kicked in tonight's football game. In order to cheer myself up, I made a few more muffins for tomorrow's brekkie. This time I added coconut flakes and extra honey so that they can taste real good. Looking forward to tomorrow morning .....

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
brekkie tomorrow morning will be my usual strong cup of coffee plus home made apple crisp:

cinnamon spiced apple

topped with and on a base of crushed walnut, corn chex, and rice chex = sweetened with honey & soynut butter

Earlier when I was baking it the smell in my apartment was awesome. Can hardly wait till the morning!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
brekkie tomorrow morning will be my usual strong cup of coffee plus home made apple crisp:

cinnamon spiced apple

topped with and on a base of crushed walnut, corn chex, and rice chex = sweetened with honey & soynut butter

Earlier when I was baking it the smell in my apartment was awesome. Can hardly wait till the morning!

whomever lives close to you is going crazy from all the wonderful smells coming to them, do you get many
knocks on the door from people with forks in their hand and a bib around their neck? lol

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I have had a few neighbors comment on the smells coming from my kitchen as it is right next to my front door and the hall way. Their nice comments are very flattering. :)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I mentioned having gone to a medical exam today on another thread and while there spoke to a medical attendant about my cooking. She asked for the recipe for that apple crisp and said it sounded real good. Oh yes - had a nice chunk when I came home this afternoon and it was awesome! :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I mentioned having gone to a medical exam today on another thread and while there spoke to a medical attendant about my cooking. She asked for the recipe for that apple crisp and said it sounded real good. Oh yes - had a nice chunk when I came home this afternoon and it was awesome! :)

what is your favourite pancake recipe?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
talloola; said:
what is your favourite pancake recipe?

Lately, I've made a "Mulligan stew" type of pancake where I throw in just about everything:

white rice flour

brown rice flour

flax seed

corn meal

oatmeal

add a touch of vanilla, two table spoons of honey (or sweet coco cream or sweetened condensed milk), cinnamon, ginger powder, leavening, and two table spoons of half & half = give it a good mix and let it rise until very fluffy

cook over corn oil until brown

topping can be as varied as can be = banana, jam of any kind, maple syrup, sweet or salted butter

The key to enhancing flavor is to vary the ingredients (as for me, I find that brown rice flour has the most flavor so I'll add a little more of this than the other type of flours). And oh that smell that comes from prepping those morning hot cakes! What a way to star your day!! :)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005

for some reason, whenever I've seen youtube or other presentations on home made muffins, the instructor/tress rarely mentions just how important it is to allow the mixture to rise --- by giving it time to rise, along with adding oil in the mix or sour cream, makes the muffins very tender and moist

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do Canadians eat anything else other than pancakes or dishes which include pancakes?

Pancakes in maple syrup.

Poutine and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Muktuk and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Garlic fingers and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Inuit bannock and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Macaroni cheese and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Maple syrup... with pancakes in maple syrup.

Best of Karl Pilkington - Part 5 (Valentines Day) - YouTube