Ottawa drops vaccine mandate for its truckers after pressure from industry

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Here's an idea. . .

Ready?. . .

Here we go. . .

Stop being a damn pussy and get the shot.
I am double vaccinated. Got my shots before I left BC. Haven't got a booster yet though and am still dithering about it. Three of my friends back in BC have now somehow come down with Covid and I know they were double vaccinated. I am beginning to question things more now, Tec. Just saying.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I am double vaccinated. Got my shots before I left BC. Haven't got a booster yet though and am still dithering about it. Three of my friends back in BC have now somehow come down with Covid and I know they were double vaccinated. I am beginning to question things more now, Tec. Just saying.
It's not a miracle cure.

And hey. . . it was designed for Delta. We get a new flu vaccine every year. Know why? Variants.

The vaccines provide some protection against Omicron, because it's related to Delta. But anybody who expects a Delta vaccine to be 100%, or even 80%, effective against Omicron is probably still wondering why his Phillips screwdriver won't work very well on Torx screws.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That so many of your best friends are trees makes me respect you even more.

Don't surprise me, mind. Just nice to have it confirmed.
The Manitoba Maple that captured my eye during my first look at my property. Trees were high on my list of priorities when I was house hunting. If you look for her you can see my sister up in the tree giving the old girl a trim. I've hugged her a couple of times now.

1642649416059.jpeg

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's not a miracle cure.

And hey. . . it was designed for Delta. We get a new flu vaccine every year. Know why? Variants.

The vaccines provide some protection against Omicron, because it's related to Delta. But anybody who expects a Delta vaccine to be 100%, or even 80%, effective against Omicron is probably still wondering why his Phillips screwdriver won't work very well on Torx screws.
Thanks for that, Tec. It's a crap shoot.

Reactions: taxslave and petros

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's not a miracle cure.

So we both agree that people should get their vaccine.. and it's stupid not to..

But what about those who want personal choice, your right to what goes into your body.. should their lose their job over it?? Should they be forced to take it??

Also what do you think about this Quebec tax on the unvaccinated?? Source: Covid: Quebec to impose health tax on unvaccinated Canadians - BBC News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Manitoba Maple that captured my eye during my first look at my property. Trees were high on my list of priorities when I was house hunting. If you look for her you can see my sister up in the tree giving the old girl a trim. I've hugged her a couple of times now.

Box Elders (Manitoba Maples) are gorgeous. It's too bad they defoliate so early.

Reactions: Mowich

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's going to cost the average Joe a lot more to put food on the table, if they can even find the food.. period
While Canada’s supply chain is typically robust enough to absorb serious hits — Anastakis cites both the initial COVID border closures and the Sept. 11 attacks as the two most recent — he isn’t confident about the immediate future.

“It’s not like suddenly Walmart is empty, but it is a kind of gradual, you can’t get X, or you can’t get Y and suddenly choices become smaller and smaller,” he said.

“When it comes to essential goods, you need to have that stuff there.”

Like Laskowski, he said the government needs to look beyond blanket mandates — and before the empty shelves start outnumbering the stocked ones.

“I’m not clear what the logic is here,” he said.

The trucking industry is already seeing issues which will affect the supply chain

The cost of transporting produce out of California and Arizona to Canada jumped 25 percent last week, said Pitsikoulis.

Numbers previously provided by the CTA suggest about 120,000 Canadian truck drivers regularly cross the border, with mandates idling between 12,000 and 15,000 of them.

Meanwhile, only 50 to 60 percent of U.S. truckers are vaccinated, according to an estimate from the American Trucking Associations.

The drastic loss of truckers raises serious concerns about whether Canada’s economy can cope in the coming months, said Dimitry Anastakis, a professor with the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.

Reactions: taxslave

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
A mandate starting Jan. 15 requires truck drivers crossing into Canada to be vaccinated. However, only about half of American truck drivers have gotten their shots. Meanwhile, as much as 90% of Canada’s fruits and vegetables comes from the U.S. during winter, and grocery stores are already having trouble getting some shipments, according to the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers.

Half? Whoopsie….

When does Canada’s gardening season start? Plant May Long & 60 days later you can start harvesting some green things?

The price to bring food and other exports over the border has doubled on some routes given the drop in eligible truckers, according to Alex Crane, operations manager at Paige Logistics, a freight broker in Surrey, British Columbia. That’s leaving hundreds of shipments bound for the U.S. waiting in warehouses to be picked up and trucked when and if carriers can find drivers to haul them, he said. The goods include everything from food to plumbing parts to gazebos.

“We have shipments all over the place not going out,’’ Crane said by phone. “They are just sitting at warehouses, waiting waiting.’’

The situation is only set to worsen with the U.S. imposing its own vaccine mandate on foreign travelers starting Jan. 22. The Canadian Trucking Association estimates the mandate will take as many as 16,000 drivers off the road.

The lack of truckers could potentially create “more of a shortage than what we’re experiencing now,” said Victor Smith, chief executive officer of JV Smith Companies, a grower and distributor of leafy greens. That’s because trucking is the only option for transportation. Rail service isn’t available everywhere, and shipping by air is too expensive.

Dairy trade between Canada and the U.S. may also take a hit. Canada is the sixth largest destination for U.S. exports, and nearly all of the volume moves by truck, said Nate Donnay, director of dairy market insight at StoneX Group.
One simple thing to do to end all of this medical tyranny covid madness. End all of this medical tyranny medical madness. It's that f'n simple.

In Britain, PM Boris Johnson has pretty much just ended all of their covid mandates like the wearing of those clown masks and vaccine passports. The British people have pretty much gained their rights and freedoms back. Will Canada be next? Not if our dear fascist leaders can avoid it. They will no doubt try to hang onto their power and control over we the peasants for as long as they can and keep trying to make our lives miserable as hell.

Covid is over, folks. It's time to get with the program. Refuse the boost will be the start to it's demise. (y)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Trudeau: You must follow vaccine mandates.

Truckers: HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's not a miracle cure.

You mean like the govt who assures us that a booster of Delta variant vaccine will give us the same protection against Omicron? Kind'a like giving everyone TWO shots of H1N3 vaccine when H1N5 is the variant that's floating around and telling people they'll get the same protection.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You mean like the govt who assures us that a booster of Delta variant vaccine will give us the same protection against Omicron? Kind'a like giving everyone TWO shots of H1N3 vaccine when H1N5 is the variant that's floating around and telling people they'll get the same protection.
I'm not responsible for your government. But, hey, nice hair.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
(y)(y)(y)(y)Thank you so much for posting this, Dixie. I completely agree with Cameron about the 'legacy' media and their constant rhetoric about potential violence. It looks so damn good on them that not a single arrest was made and there was no violence unlike we have seen in other protests in this country. I also agree with her about finding the two fuckheads with the nazi flags and that if the msn were so concerned why didn't they bother to find the assholes. Well done, Cameron.