Oops, I Did It Again

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Time for a hard look at how police are trained. If they're over the top with authority or if they're truly afraid for their lives.
Radley Balko says the problem is the training of the cops has gone from "guardian" orientation to "warrior" orientation.

Me, I say it's gone to "hysterical coward barking inconsistent orders" orientation. Look at the video of Geronimo Yanez if you disagree.

Body camera's shouldn't be allowed to be turned off, deleting footage should be an instant guilty charge / firing.
Yeah, that'll happen.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In Canada's case, i don't think its unreasonable to have the cops in our country to be trained in a form of martial art that would give them more options in tense situations.

The cops make a lot of money and have state of the art gear already so why not expect them to at least hold a black belt in some martial arts? Other countries do it...

I believe this was mentioned already on this forum.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Me, I say it's gone to "hysterical coward barking inconsistent orders" orientation. Look at the video of Geronimo Yanez if you disagree.

If you watch many of those youtube videos of people being arrested, it's a constant stream of cops yelling 'get on the ground! put your hands behind your back! turn over! I said get on the ground! '

No normal person could decipher what they're screaming quickly enough to do what they demanded before they start screaming something else. And if there's more than one cop, they're screaming different things, and demanding you comply.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you watch many of those youtube videos of people being arrested, it's a constant stream of cops yelling 'get on the ground! put your hands behind your back! turn over! I said get on the ground! '

No normal person could decipher what they're screaming quickly enough to do what they demanded before they start screaming something else. And if there's more than one cop, they're screaming different things, and demanding you comply.
Then they'll shoot you and later on the stand whimper about how terrified they were because there were only eight of them with guns, tasers, OC spray, and batons, facing. . . THE DREADED UNARMED CITIZEN!

Yeah, they're heroes.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Then they'll shoot you and later on the stand whimper about how terrified they were because there were only eight of them with guns, tasers, OC spray, and batons, facing. . . THE DREADED UNARMED CITIZEN!

Yeah, they're heroes.

The scary thing is that the police apparently believe that they are at war with crime and any one of us is potentially a criminal,

Therefore, they are at war with ...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, cops should have their guns controlled

In Canada's case, i don't think its unreasonable to have the cops in our country to be trained in a form of martial art that would give them more options in tense situations.

The cops make a lot of money and have state of the art gear already so why not expect them to at least hold a black belt in some martial arts? Other countries do it...

I believe this was mentioned already on this forum.

They used to learn Defendo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defendo

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Bride-to-be called 911 for help and was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer
(in case you missed it)

not very well apparently

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Wrong, she's dead.
If you call that control then you better get some bullet proof shoes before you handle a gun,
;)
and some unchewable feet too.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
He had already had a prior unprofessional conduct on his record according to the radio.
I wonder what happened to ALL the cameras?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
So how do you define 'gun control' then? You mean, not using them? No wonder people are against 'gun control' if that's what you think.

In legislative terms, gun control means restrictions on ownership/possession/availability of guns.

You people don't understand the terms you're using.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
So how do you define 'gun control' then? You mean, not using them? No wonder people are against 'gun control' if that's what you think.
In legislative terms, gun control means restrictions on ownership/possession/availability of guns.
You people don't understand the terms you're using.

U lost?
Get a map, we are not in the legislature here, we are on a forum.
Also get a dictionary

Gun:
A gun is a normally tubular weapon or other device designed to discharge projectiles or other material.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun

Control:
a : to exercise restraining or directing influence over : regulate control one's anger
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/control
or gun as the case may be.

Last edited: