Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Those were old soviet labs. And that nonsense has been thoroughly debunked at this stage. And if that were the case, why didn't the russian invasion target those labs?

And none of that addresses their hostile actions towards us over the arctic in any case.

No, they didn't have a good reason to invade other than the wanted conquest. And it's in our best interest that they have a miserable experience with that and be left weak and unable to make war on anyone else. That is simply not debatable. So - it's to our advantage to pay a few bucks to see them get their clock cleaned, which is precisely what's happening. Russia will lose this war and it will be a very long time before their military is in any shape to threaten anyone else.

Those labs were probably built in the old Soviet Union Stalinist times. Apparently, the Russians did target those labs and got rid of many of them. That was good for the planet, yes?

With the ice melting in the Arctic, countries are now fighting for who gets what. Hostile actions by all countries involved in the Arctic is just normal.

The Russians and Ukrainian's have always had animosity towards each another. It's a family thing. Anyway, it is none of your bloody business at all as to what goes on over there unless you just happen to live there. I don't live there so I could care less about what happens over there. Let them nuke each other for all I care.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Do you serve a purpose that deems your presence on this site as valid?

I could ask you the same question, loser. WTF are you doing here? You never are able to offer anything of any value here except your usual stupid lefty liberal talk. Not much to go on for you, loser. :p

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
You already admitted to living just off Prairie. 🤣

Im in Regina SK 1300 block Robinson St.

I did? You will have to point that out to me as to where I said that?

Sure, you do. So, why do you even care as to where someone lives anyway? Are you trying to save addresses of members here for some strange and weird hobby reason? You are a bit of a screwball, aren't' you? Cuckoo.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Those labs were probably built in the old Soviet Union Stalinist times. Apparently, the Russians did target those labs and got rid of many of them. That was good for the planet, yes?

With the ice melting in the Arctic, countries are now fighting for who gets what. Hostile actions by all countries involved in the Arctic is just normal.

The Russians and Ukrainian's have always had animosity towards each another. It's a family thing. Anyway, it is none of your bloody business at all as to what goes on over there unless you just happen to live there. I don't live there so I could care less about what happens over there. Let them nuke each other for all I care.
They nuke each other most of Europe dies. Lots of others will wish they died. Ever hear of nuclear winter?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

LMFAO

Ukraine’s ‘mosquito’ drones​

As part of its military arsenal, Ukraine uses advanced military drones for observation and attack. But the bulk of its drone fleet consists of off-the-shelf or hand-built units adapted in workshops around the country to drop grenades or anti-tank munitions. The soldiers call them “mosquitoes.”

They are an example of flourishing innovation by the military, which has seized on drone warfare to counter Russia’s advantage in artillery and tanks, Andrew Kramer, The Times’s Kyiv bureau chief, reports.

Ukraine has long relied on drones in its underdog fight against Russia-backed separatists in the east. Before the war, the military had bought Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drones, which have helped shore up Ukrainian defense.

After Russia invaded, donations poured in. The U.S. and European allies provided strike and observation drones. And people all over the world sent hobby drones. Workshops then set about converting them for military use.

One of the larger such outfits in Kyiv, called Dronarnia, takes orders online from military officers seeking customized units, some large enough to drop 18-pound bombs. The group is financed by crowdsourced donations.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Those labs were probably built in the old Soviet Union Stalinist times.
Yep.
Apparently, the Russians did target those labs and got rid of many of them.
Nope. Didn't even try. And for good reason. You can't just lob a shell at a facility that has a crapptone of dangerous bio samples of things like smallpox and 'kill' the germs. That's what the US and Ukraine have been doing - safely shutting the facilities down one by one. Takes time and money.
That was good for the planet, yes?
Nope.
Which is why it's best for us that the russians are weaker and less agressive. See? we agree i was right, russia IS a threat.
The Russians and Ukrainian's have always had animosity towards each another. It's a family thing. Anyway, it is none of your bloody business at all as to what goes on over there unless you just happen to live there.
It's my "bloody business" what happens to russia and their plans for conquest. It's to canada's advantage for them to lose the war painfully and at great cost.
I don't live there so I could care less about what happens over there. Let them nuke each other for all I care.
Well only one has nukes. So if they use it - what if the rest of the world steps in and fires back? That's a VERY real possibility. Then what does russia do? You think Canada would be spared when we're a support country for the us?

You might as well say "let them break into my personal house and burn it down with my dog still inside for all i care". You'd probably care.

So. It's in canada's best interest to have russia lose the war and badly. I'm a fan of Canada. So i approve of that happening. The question is, why are you struggling with it?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Its been pretty cheap. Only 1/3 the yearly US military budget to deplete Russia of missles, artillery ammo, destroy or capture 40% of Russian tanks, BTRs, 2/3 of air defense systems and 85000 casualties and as many wounded.

So far its been army goodies. No air and little navy and marines.

Cheap like borscht.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…..Anyway, it is none of your bloody business at all as to what goes on over there unless you just happen to live there. I don't live there so I could care less about what happens over there. Let them nuke each other for all I care.
Well only one has nukes. So if they use it - what if the rest of the world steps in and fires back? That's a VERY real possibility. Then what does russia do? You think Canada would be spared when we're a support country for the us?
If the “rest of the world steps in and fires back”….that’s the USA in NATO…and if you look at a globe…what’s between America (not just Alaska, but the mainland) and Russia?
1669085674944.jpeg
So. It's in canada's best interest to have russia lose the war and badly. I'm a fan of Canada. So i approve of that happening. The question is, why are you struggling with it?
It’s in global best interests to have aggressive bully nations weakened if not neutered.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Its been pretty cheap. Only 1/3 the yearly US military budget to deplete Russia of missles, artillery ammo, destroy or capture 40% of Russian tanks, BTRs, 2/3 of air defense systems and 85000 casualties and as many wounded.

So far its been army goodies. No air and little navy and marines.

Cheap like borscht.
Yeah, even when you consider all the nations contributions it simply doesn't get cheaper to fight a war than this. And most importantly - no losses in personnel either.

Not to mention the intel gained with regards to how effective the various weapons systems are, new tactics, etc etc.

And it's not only going to devistate russia's military, its going to hurt them economically in a huge way and reduce their influence on the world stage with their vassals and satellite countries.

This invasion was the worst mistake russia has made since Stalin said "I think we can trust my buddy hitler not to invade". And that's good for Canada.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If the “rest of the world steps in and fires back”….that’s the USA in NATO…and if you look at a globe…what’s between America (not just Alaska, but the mainland) and Russia?
View attachment 16522

It’s in global best interests to have aggressive bully nations weakened if not neutered.
Few realize we border 5 countries.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
81. 'US spending of 5.6% of its defense budget to destroy nearly half of Russia’s conventional military capability seems like an absolutely incredible investment.'

It’s Costing Peanuts for the US to Defeat Russia​

Petros mentioned it earlier, but this is the kind of talk that has got to be driving the russians into a fury. The Russians always like to portray themselves as master chess players who plan for the long haul and are more than a match for the us etc etc - but now without even trying america is smashing them militarily, economically, politically and they're doing it for pennies on the dollar AND - they're being SEEN to be doing it effortlessly by the whole world while russia can do nothing to stop it. And best of all it was Russia who started it.

Reactions: Twin_Moose