Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The Russian leadership is now proving they can be some pretty funny dudes. Some Poo-tin mouthpiece is trying to suggest that Russia's very slow advance into Ukraine is intentional.
He states that it's to keep civilian casualties to a minimum, despite Russia intentionally targeting civilians.

In all seriousness there are some notable similarities between Putin and Trudeau. For example you can't believe a fucking word Groper or his govt flunkies say either.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
my prediction is that do to costs, the governments will slowly reduce support, which means that ukraine will slowly fall. 💰 🏳️ :(
What are you basing that on? Not saying you're wrong but just curious how you're getting there. It seems to me like the various 'allied' nations would look at this as the cheapest way to fight a war there is.

Not to mention it's a great excuse to get rid of old weapons and upgrade to the latest gear. And for those countries manufacturing weapons it puts cash in their industries and by watching the current weapons actually being used they can develop the next generation of weapons building on the successes and failures of the current ones. And the military will be very interested in seeing what works and doesn't.

Honestly a few billion dollars is pretty cheap for all that intel, and the russians will be weaker for it considerably and the allies will be stronger. It will also deter russian aggression in the future if they get thoroughly embarrassed here, and their ability to secure allies elsewhere around the world will be lessened.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
What are you basing that on? Not saying you're wrong but just curious how you're getting there. It seems to me like the various 'allied' nations would look at this as the cheapest way to fight a war there is.

Not to mention it's a great excuse to get rid of old weapons and upgrade to the latest gear. And for those countries manufacturing weapons it puts cash in their industries and by watching the current weapons actually being used they can develop the next generation of weapons building on the successes and failures of the current ones. And the military will be very interested in seeing what works and doesn't.

Honestly a few billion dollars is pretty cheap for all that intel, and the russians will be weaker for it considerably and the allies will be stronger. It will also deter russian aggression in the future if they get thoroughly embarrassed here, and their ability to secure allies elsewhere around the world will be lessened.
i'm basing it on continuing costs. i can't picture governments supporting ukraine indefinitely.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
i'm basing it on continuing costs. i can't picture governments supporting ukraine indefinitely.
Well 'indefinitely' is a long time for sure. But just looking at it, it seems like they're not spending all that much money for the benefits they're getting. The us just dropped 3 billion and i would guess if the war carries on to the end of the year another 3 billion might be necessary. That's peanuts to the US. A lousy 6 billion to keep russia completely tied up, embarrassed, and running out of gear and men? That's bargain basement pricing - especailly as most of it is going to your own industries to keep US jobs in place.

To put it in perspective that would be close to us funding 500 million roughly as a nation. Hell - trudeau just announced 100 million to promote gay communities. 500 million is cheap, even if we had to pay it every year.

I think eventually they'll get tired of it but honestly - i think the war will end one way or another before they do. Russia can't take that kind of economic and military losses forever. I have serious doubts if they'd be able to make it through the winter given their circumstances and if they do they'll trash the hell out of their economy and military power tremendously by next summer unless they can turn things around, which it doesn't look like they can.

I think russia will get tired of this conflict before the allies get tired funding it, and we'll see some species of settlement. Probably putin stepping down and the next guy blaming him and pulling their forces out.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
my prediction is that do to costs, the governments will slowly reduce support, which means that ukraine will slowly fall. 💰 🏳️ :(
My prediction is the Countries supporting Ukraine will give them the most advanced weapons to finish off the Russians to show China what could happen with a united West.

Only thing stopping it right now is the Nuclear threat US offered Warthogs but not F-16's defensive vs offensive weapons same as the 300km HIMARS vs the 80-120km ones offered now