Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
View attachment 22764

✈️ Most modern aircraft of Russian Armed Forces

Su-57 is a fifth-generation Russian multi-functional fighter jet designed to destroy all kinds of air, surface, and surface targets.

The key feature of Su-57 is the combination of aircraft and fighter jet functions. The Su-57 can use a wide range of guided and unguided weapons, including air-to-air missiles, guided air-to-surface missiles, and adjustable aerial bombs.

The Su-57 is hard to detect for enemy radars due to means of electronic warfare, a special form of aircraft, and the use of materials absorbing and reflecting radio waves. To reduce radio visibility, part of the weapon is placed in the aircraft's inner wings. All of this prevents the enemy from obtaining information about the aircraft's position and speed.

The aircraft's onboard hardware enables it to perform tasks not only autonomously, but also to share data in real time with both ground-based control systems and as a part of an aviation group.

#WeaponZ

🔹 Russian Defence Ministry
The Su-57 is a 4.5 generation a/c at best. Funny how absent from the war the Su-57 has been so far. Just like the T-14 Armata. So expensive and so talked up by the Katsaps about how amazingly incredible they are, they're too afraid of losing them in combat. Which tells me they're not anywhere near as hot shit as the Russkies claim they are. I mean holy shit, for a supposed stealth a/c the Su-57's radar cross section sticks out like a sore thumb compared to actual stealth a/c.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Su-57 is a 4.5 generation a/c at best. Funny how absent from the war the Su-57 has been so far. Just like the T-14 Armata. So expensive and so talked up by the Katsaps about how amazingly incredible they are, they're too afraid of losing them in combat. Which tells me they're not anywhere near as hot shit as the Russkies claim they are. I mean holy shit, for a supposed stealth a/c the Su-57's radar cross section sticks out like a sore thumb compared to actual stealth a/c.
B0Ner is a vatnik.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I wonder if it’s the same motorcycles, based on stolen plans by the Russians from BMW that landed in China & the gazillion ‘80’s BMW clones there? Not a Big stretch to imagine they ended up in North Korea (the 40yr old BMW plans)….?
Look at how long the Royal Enfield has lasted in India.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh my. Bedpan has released his secret weapon that will absolutely 100% deliver him a win in no time. Half-starved North Korean soldiers on the verge of malnutrition will be fainting...I mean fighting on the front lines in Ukraine.

Meanwhile it looks like islamists are making trouble for Russia in Dagestan. They attacked a couple of synagogues and Orthodox churches, slit the throat of a priest and killed 16 police officers. They have struck twice more since then with direct attacks against the police killing at least 1 more.

Russia's space comms have also been downgraded after a successful attack on a Russian space comms complex in Crimea.

Two and a half years, around 500,000 total Russian casualties, 10s of thousands of pieces of Russian equipment destroyed or captured, damaged and destroyed infrastructure, 24 naval vessels quickly converted to subs and 1 actual sub, frozen assets, heavy sanctions, all for realistically very little gain. I mean in all seriousness, if the Russian military were as mighty as they were projected to be and that many in the West believed they were, they should have mopped the floor with Ukraine long before now (no offense to the fighting spirit and capabilities of the Ukrainian military intended). But the debacle has basically affected Russia's export of military equipment and not just because of sanctions.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Chinese J-10 is pretty comparable to the F-35. The Su-57 is not in the same class.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh my. Bedpan has released his secret weapon that will absolutely 100% deliver him a win in no time. Half-starved North Korean soldiers on the verge of malnutrition will be fainting...I mean fighting on the front lines in Ukraine.

Meanwhile it looks like islamists are making trouble for Russia in Dagestan. They attacked a couple of synagogues and Orthodox churches, slit the throat of a priest and killed 16 police officers. They have struck twice more since then with direct attacks against the police killing at least 1 more.

Russia's space comms have also been downgraded after a successful attack on a Russian space comms complex in Crimea.

Two and a half years, around 500,000 total Russian casualties, 10s of thousands of pieces of Russian equipment destroyed or captured, damaged and destroyed infrastructure, 24 naval vessels quickly converted to subs and 1 actual sub, frozen assets, heavy sanctions, all for realistically very little gain. I mean in all seriousness, if the Russian military were as mighty as they were projected to be and that many in the West believed they were, they should have mopped the floor with Ukraine long before now (no offense to the fighting spirit and capabilities of the Ukrainian military intended). But the debacle has basically affected Russia's export of military equipment and not just because of sanctions.
So the Russians don’t have their eyes on all of Europe .