Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They're braver than you.
Russian state news outlet Tass reported that Russian President Vladimir Putin demands the complete withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from the territories of Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, after which peace negotiations can begin.

Putin added that Moscow was committed to ensuring the "unhindered and safe withdrawal" of Ukrainian forces if Kyiv agrees to such a concession.

The Kremlin's conditions are unlikely to receive a warm reception in Kyiv, which has repeatedly stated that it will not concede territory to Russia.
Maybe just maybe…
1718368537560.jpeg
Maybe we should stand with our allies, and oppose the….insert your own bias here.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I see Ukraine (invaded most recently by Russia in Feb of 2022 at the tail-end of the Ottawa parking crisis) and Israel (invaded most recently by Hamas on Oct 7th 2023) in very similar lights.

Neither Ukraine or Israel are saints. Both have jaded histories (as do all nations), and both where invaded by outside forces, and both are facing outlandish demands from the same invaders for “peace agreements” that would be temporary at best until the same aggressors go for a 2.0 version of their last (current) sorties.

Both situations could be called real estate disputes…but both are backed by ideologies (Muslim Religion & Communism) that distort the concept that this is just a real estate dispute.

Yes, the history of both regions didn’t start in the last 5 years, and yes the “Yeah Buts…” can go backwards in time infinitely to justify both sides in both conflicts.

Beyond that, insert your own personal bias’s. I’m neither Russian nor Ukrainian nor Jewish nor Muslim, nor Eastern European nor Middle Eastern. Both regions and their pissing matches where just background in novels & movies and an abstract historical background in understanding the world around me until I’ve learned more about each in the last couple of years. Maybe I’m just naïve…

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I see Ukraine (invaded most recently by Russia in Feb of 2022 at the tail-end of the Ottawa parking crisis) and Israel (invaded most recently by Hamas on Oct 7th 2023) in very similar lights.

Neither Ukraine or Israel are saints. Both have jaded histories (as do all nations), and both where invaded by outside forces, and both are facing outlandish demands from the same invaders for “peace agreements” that would be temporary at best until the same aggressors go for a 2.0 version of their last (current) sorties.

Both situations could be called real estate disputes…but both are backed by ideologies (Muslim Religion & Communism) that distort the concept that this is just a real estate dispute.

Yes, the history of both regions didn’t start in the last 5 years, and yes the “Yeah Buts…” can go backwards in time infinitely to justify both sides in both conflicts.

Beyond that, insert your own personal bias’s. I’m neither Russian nor Ukrainian nor Jewish nor Muslim, nor Eastern European nor Middle Eastern. Both regions and their pissing matches where just background in novels & movies and an abstract historical background in understanding the world around me until I’ve learned more about each in the last couple of years. Maybe I’m just naïve…
Israel isn't fighting off a military occupation. Ukraine is. Israel is the illegal occupier.

Palestinian have every right under the sun to fight their occupational oppressors.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Seems pretty spot-on to me.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
India won't be in BRICS much longer.
The Russian Rouble has taken such a massive hit the Yuan is now the currency of trade in Russia. Argentina's new govt isn't exactly thrilled with China. Meanwhile the RMB is tanking in value. In fact, since China took over Hong Kong the RMB has lost half its value. No wonder Taiwan doesn't want anything to do with the CCP.

BRICS is nothing but a bunch of mental masturbation about taking the West down. And Bedpan is just Xinnie the Pooh's little bitch.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Then if China joins Russia you had better stock up, because all the components to build PC's, vehicles including US military vehicles come from China.
You mean the part of China known as Taiwan? 4 of the 9 largest chip makers are in Taiwan and those 4 makers supply 70% of the market. But here's the sticker, Taiwan is a province of the Republic of China. It is NOT however a province of the PRC and never has been. So when CCP simps boast that China supplies the US with high tech stuff and military vehicles, they actually mean Taiwan does. Taiwan knows how to build quality stuff. The PRC does not. By the way Skippy, all the components in my PC were made in the Philippines, Taiwan and Japan. Not a single piece of PRC-made crap in it.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You mean the part of China known as Taiwan? 4 of the 9 largest chip makers are in Taiwan and those 4 makers supply 70% of the market. But here's the sticker, Taiwan is a province of the Republic of China. It is NOT however a province of the PRC and never has been. So when CCP simps boast that China supplies the US with high tech stuff and military vehicles, they actually mean Taiwan does. Taiwan knows how to build quality stuff. The PRC does not. By the way Skippy, all the components in my PC were made in the Philippines, Taiwan and Japan. Not a single piece of PRC-made crap in it.

You said it

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
India won't be in BRICS much longer.
The Russian Rouble has taken such a massive hit the Yuan is now the currency of trade in Russia. Argentina's new govt isn't exactly thrilled with China. Meanwhile the RMB is tanking in value. In fact, since China took over Hong Kong the RMB has lost half its value. No wonder Taiwan doesn't want anything to do with the CCP.

BRICS is nothing but a bunch of mental masturbation about taking the West down. And Bedpan is just Xinnie the Pooh's little bitch.

BRICS is backed by Gold.

China and Russia are by loads of it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Look at history Twin Moose. Why did Germany really fail?

To many fronts? As in today's wars, Russia, Iran and China.
Nope, that wasn't it.

1) Lack of critical resources like nickel, oil, good quality iron ore, anthracite etc.
2) Hitler only had half of Germany's economy dedicated to the war effort until mid 1944 where he went full war economy. Too little too late.
3) Heavy spending on R&D for "war winning wonder weapons" that gained Germany nothing for the war while wasting resources that could have been used to equip the military with more equipment.
4) Hitler's belief that he was infallible.
5) Making incredibly stupid decisions like peeling off half his force standing within sight of Moscow to go after the oil fields in the Caucuses that he never would have been able to utilize anyway.
6) Making the war against Russia a race war of extermination instead of an ideological war to wipe out communism.
7) Trying to occupy more territory than they could reasonably defend.

In WW2 the average Russian soldier was fighting to defend his (and her) land against aggressors who wanted to destroy them. Today, Puntinist Russia is the aggressor, but Bedpan is basically telling his men and foreigners who have been Shanghai'd or paid off to go die gloriously for him while they destroy Ukraine.