Omnibus : Monkeypox

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WHO asks people not to attack monkeys over monkeypox
Author of the article:Washington Post
Washington Post
Jennifer Hassan
Publishing date:Aug 10, 2022 • 1 day ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation

With cases of monkeypox surging around the world, it’s not a good time to be a monkey.

The primates have, in recent days, been physically attacked – and even killed – by poisoning and stoning attacks in Brazil, according to local media reports that cite police officials.

In the last week, at least 10 animals of the marmoset and capuchin types were found displaying signs of intoxication or aggression, leading to fears that they had been poisoned, according to Brazilian news site G1. Seven of the monkeys died, while the others are under observation at a zoo in Sao Jose do Rio Preto, a municipality in the state of Sao Paulo.

The assaults have led to the World Health Organization – which declared monkeypox a global health emergency last month – issuing a reminder that despite the virus’s name, monkeys should not be blamed for its transmission.

“What people need to know very clearly is the transmission we are seeing is happening between humans to humans,” Margaret Harris, a WHO spokesperson told reporters Tuesday. “They should certainly not be attacking any animals.”

“It’s close-contact transmission. So the concern should be about where it’s transmitting in the human population and what humans can do to protect themselves from getting it and transmitting it,” Harris said, adding that the virus was seen “much more commonly in various rodents” than monkeys and that work was ongoing to consider whether the virus should be renamed.

Brazilian officials believe it is possible that the recent outbreak of the virus is driving anti-monkey sentiment and behaviour, although they also noted that the “deliberate” attacks could also be linked to animal trafficking.

Following the attacks, environmental military police officers are patrolling the forest of Rio Preto to prevent attacks on the animals, local media reported, as the National Network to Combat Wildlife Trafficking blamed the “persecution” of monkeys and attacks on “a lack of information” in Brazilian society.

Globally, there are almost 32,000 confirmed cases of monkeypox, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cases have been reported in 89 countries, and the outbreak is prominent in Europe, where most of the infections have been recorded following an outbreak that began in the spring.

Countries that do not usually report monkeypox have documented a surge in cases, including the United States and Britain, prompting health officials to implement plans to combat the spread of infection.

Brazil, which has similarly not historically reported monkeypox before this outbreak, has registered more than 2,131 cases of infection.

Mauricio Lacerda, a virologist at the Faculty of Medicine of Rio Preto told local media that when it comes to the virus, the monkeys of Brazil do not pose a threat to locals.

“What we are seeing in Brazil, Europe and the United States is . . . people who are sick and are transmitting through close contact to other people. There is no evidence of monkeypox virus circulating in monkeys in the Brazil,” he said. “There is no need to panic.”

The name “monkeypox” emerged after researchers in Denmark used the primates to identify the virus – which is transmitted by a number of animals and not just nonhuman primates – including rats, dormice and squirrels.

Since the outbreak began in May, the majority of monkeypox cases were documented among men who are gay or bisexual, or who have sex with men.

Monkeypox is spread through close contact – including respiratory drops, bodily fluids and contaminated items such as bedding or clothing.

The virus was declared “a public health emergency” in the United States last month as health officials scrambled to provide better access to treatments, funding and vaccines amid climbing case numbers. Cases of the infection have also been confirmed among children in the United States.

“We urge every American to take monkeypox seriously and to take responsibility to help us tackle this virus,” Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said Aug. 4.
View attachment 15140
those bastards had it coming. 🐒 🐵 ;)

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ontario reports first confirmed female case of monkeypox.

The agency says there are 156 confirmed cases of the disease in the province as of July 11, with all but one of them being male.

The average age of the confirmed cases, which are mostly reported in Toronto, is 37.

Public health officials say most cases are among men who report intimate contact with men but say anyone can get monkeypox.

Wow….even if, like AIDS, this is blowing through the gay community first….there ARE gay women. This is kind of bizarre.

I wonder if one of the first cases was a gay dude….and thus the pattern? Assumably there’s going to be gay (Bi) men married to women (camouflage) that will spread this to women… Who will need to find satisfaction/release outside of their marriage… so this potentially can blow up outside of the current community that it’s in. I’m assuming it’s just a matter of time.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Publishing date:Jul 26, 2022

Ontario has confirmed 326 cases of monkeypox with 11 individuals hospitalized including two requiring intensive care.

While anyone can contract monkeypox, all but two of the cases in Ontario were in men and the average age was 36 years-old.

Another nine probable cases include seven men and two women.

aartuso@postmedia.com
A few women out of hundreds as of a couple weeks ago….

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
View attachment 14067
This sounds so vaguely familiar….
1660268611235.jpeg
Should’a done this back in June I guess.

Where was Trudeau’s photo-op telling us that we would be racist if we didn’t have sex with monkeys? A zoo? Circus? He did the Chinese Restaurant thing back in February 2020 about COVID after getting back from Africa from trying to purchase votes for that UN Security Seat.

I can picture it now:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urged Canadians to stay united and warned against the rise of discrimination as fears of Monkey Pox spread.

"There is no place in our country for discrimination driven by fear or misinformation," Trudeau said by the Organ Grinder on the corner in Scarborough, a district in Toronto. "This is not something Canadians will ever stand for."

The comments come just days after politicians, public health officials and members of the Canadian Monkey community in Toronto said that more needed to be done to avoid a recurrence of the racism and xenophobia experienced during Planet of the Apes Movies from the ‘60’s & early ‘70’s…
1660270335795.jpeg
Mr. (King) Kong, the executive director of the Toronto chapter of the Monkey Canadian National Council, said Monkey Canadians have become the targets of xenophobic comments in recent days, both online and offline.

"If someone looks Monkey-ish or appears to be Simian, the assumption is that they're virus carriers," said Kong in an interview on CBC News Network. "We saw this with SARS, Ebola, and often it has a racial tinge to it."
1660329337361.jpeg

Attachments

• 1660269743539.jpeg
    1660269743539.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: petros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Public Health Ontario reports 529 monkeypox cases as of Monday, up from 478 last week
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Aug 17, 2022 • 15 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
A colourized transmission electron micrograph of monkeypox particles (yellow) found within an infected cell (blue), is shown in a handout photo captured at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Md. **MANDATORY CREDIT**
A colourized transmission electron micrograph of monkeypox particles (yellow) found within an infected cell (blue), is shown in a handout photo captured at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Md. **MANDATORY CREDIT** PHOTO BY HO /THE CANADIAN PRESS
TORONTO — Public Health Ontario says there are now 529 confirmed cases of monkeypox in the province.

The agency’s latest report on the disease as of Monday reflects an increase in the case tally of 478 confirmed cases in Ontario as of last Wednesday.

The report says nearly 75 per cent of the confirmed cases are in Toronto and all but three cases are reported among males.

It says four of the confirmed cases are in people under the age of 20, two are in people over the age of 70 and the average age of people with confirmed cases is about 36.

Public health says 16 people have been hospitalized with the illness in the province and two people have been in intensive care.

There are also nine probable cases in Ontario.

Monkeypox spreads when people have close, physical contact with an infected person’s lesions, their clothing or bedsheets, and symptoms can include rash, swollen lymph nodes and fever.
1660810052007.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Monkeypox patient’s rotting nose mistaken for sunburn
40-year-old unidentified man had a red spot checked out by his doctor

Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Aug 18, 2022 • 13 hours ago • 1 minute read • 7 Comments

A German patient with monkeypox has a rotting nose after the initial red spot was believed to be a sunburn.

The 40-year-old unidentified man had the red spot checked out by his doctor, who dismissed it as a sunburn.

A few days later, the lesion began to turn black and pus-filled sores began to show up all over his body, according to a report in the medical journal Infection.

It was determined that the patient had monkeypox and was given antivirals.

The man had never before been tested for sexually transmitted diseases but doctors soon discovered that in addition to his severe monkeypox infection, he was suffering from an undiagnosed advanced HIV infection as well as syphilis.

The syphilis had been undetected for so long, it spread to multiple organs; his HIV infection had developed into AIDS.

The STD meds he was given – for the HIV infection and another for syphilis – helped dry out the lesions on his body. His nose, however, only partially improved but there is less swelling.

A man’s rotting nose following monkeypox diagnosis and severely undiagnosed STIs. (Boesecke, C., Monin, M.B., van Bremen, K., Schlabe, S., Hoffman, C./Infection)
A man’s rotting nose following monkeypox diagnosis and severely undiagnosed STIs. (Boesecke, C., Monin, M.B., van Bremen, K., Schlabe, S., Hoffman, C./Infection) PHOTO BY BOESECKE, C., MONIN, M.B., VAN BREMEN, K., SCHLABE, S., HOFFMAN, C. /Infection
“Most cases of MPXV (monkeypox) infection so far have been reported as mild and controlled HIV infection does not appear to be a risk factor for severe courses,” according to study authors Christoph Boesecke, Malte B. Monin, Kathrin van Bremen, Stefan Schlabe and Christian Hoffmann.

“However, this case illustrates the potential severity of MPXV infection in the setting of severe immunosuppression and untreated HIV infection.”

It is unknown what the Germany patient’s status is now.

Germany has seen its total number of reported monkeypox cases hit 3,186 but the number of cases in August have been trending downward, The Local Germany reported.

The number of confirmed cases in Canada is 1,112 and 38,452 cases worldwide, according to the Health Canada.
1660889292846.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ontario reports 11 more cases of monkeypox
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:Sep 21, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • 11 Comments

This image provided by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) shows monkeypox particles (red) found within an infected cell (blue), cultured in the laboratory that was captured and color-enhanced at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Md., in an undated colorized transmission electron micrograph. Ontario's chief medical officer of health says monkeypox activity in the province has peaked. THE CANADIAN PRESS/AP-NIAID THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 11 more cases of the monkeypox virus, bringing the total number of cases to 667.

Another 11 probable cases are being investigated in individuals ranging in age from 21 to 69 years old.

Of confirmed cases, 19 individuals were hospitalized and two needed intensive care, but there have been no related deaths in Ontario.

The most common symptoms of the illness are rashes, oral or genital lesions, fever and fatigue.

The highest number of cases has been reported in the City of Toronto with 491, followed by 41 in Ottawa, 21 in Peel, 17 in Hamilton and 15 in Middlesex-London.

“The most commonly reported risk factors include engaging in sexual or intimate contact (e.g. hugging, kissing, cuddling) with new and/or more than one partner,” a Public Health Ontario update released Wednesday says. “Travel, being immunocompromised, or having close contact with someone from outside of the province were less commonly reported. Although cases have mostly been identified among males who report sexual or intimate contact with other males (MSM), anyone can get monkeypox.”

aartuso@postmedia.com
1663855366173.png

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020

That is when we should all know that the government may just do the opposite and declare the money pox, I mean monkey pox, a public health emergency. Whatever the government says should never be believed. Remember when the lying government officials said that it would take two weeks to flatten the curve? After two years, that curve has not been flattened yet. Politicians have become nothing more then a bunch of professional liars and bull shitters. Ignore what these liars try and push. It's will be just more lies and bullshit. The peasants needs to realize that their politicians are not there for them. they are there for themselves. Believe it or not. :eek:

Reactions: Taxslave2

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Ontario reports 11 more cases of monkeypox
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:Sep 21, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • 11 Comments

This image provided by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) shows monkeypox particles (red) found within an infected cell (blue), cultured in the laboratory that was captured and color-enhanced at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Md., in an undated colorized transmission electron micrograph. Ontario's chief medical officer of health says monkeypox activity in the province has peaked. THE CANADIAN PRESS/AP-NIAID THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 11 more cases of the monkeypox virus, bringing the total number of cases to 667.

Another 11 probable cases are being investigated in individuals ranging in age from 21 to 69 years old.

Of confirmed cases, 19 individuals were hospitalized and two needed intensive care, but there have been no related deaths in Ontario.

The most common symptoms of the illness are rashes, oral or genital lesions, fever and fatigue.

The highest number of cases has been reported in the City of Toronto with 491, followed by 41 in Ottawa, 21 in Peel, 17 in Hamilton and 15 in Middlesex-London.

“The most commonly reported risk factors include engaging in sexual or intimate contact (e.g. hugging, kissing, cuddling) with new and/or more than one partner,” a Public Health Ontario update released Wednesday says. “Travel, being immunocompromised, or having close contact with someone from outside of the province were less commonly reported. Although cases have mostly been identified among males who report sexual or intimate contact with other males (MSM), anyone can get monkeypox.”

aartuso@postmedia.com
View attachment 15813

Well, all I can say is that I am ready for the fake and lying government and the bought off MSM to tell me that I must get ready to be injected for the money, I mean monkey pox, and to quarantine and lock myself down if needed to do so for however long it will take to get better just for my safety and for the safety of others. I have my mask ready to go and to prepare myself to practice social distancing when the orders come out. I have all that I need to know about what I must do when that time comes. Covid 19 did that for me. :giggle:

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Well, all I can say is that I am ready for the fake and lying government and the bought off MSM to tell me that I must get ready to be injected for the money, I mean monkey pox, and to quarantine and lock myself down if needed to do so for however long it will take to get better just for my safety and for the safety of others. I have my mask ready to go and to prepare myself to practice social distancing when the orders come out. I have all that I need to know about what I must do when that time comes. Covid 19 did that for me. :giggle:
And, like a good little commie you will obey.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
And, like a good little commie you will obey.

Like phuk I will. This time they can throw me in one of their commie gulags and at the same time I will then tell them all that they can kiss my big fat white arse hole. It's time for we the peasants to stand up and tell these lying and fake politician traitors of ours to go phuk themselves. If we all did that, then there is nothing they can do. So, would you be a good little commie and obey? Just asking. :giggle:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WHO to use 'mpox' for monkeypox to tackle stigma
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Emma Farge and Shivani Tanna
Publishing date:Nov 28, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

GENEVA — The World Health Organization said on Monday it would start using a new preferred term, “mpox,” as a synonym for monkeypox and urged others to follow suit after receiving complaints that the current name for the disease was racist and stigmatizing.

“Both names will be used simultaneously for one year while ‘monkeypox’ is phased out,” the WHO said in a statement.

The WHO launched a public consultation process to find a new name for the disease earlier this year and received more than 200 proposals. The United States, which was among the countries and bodies supporting the name change, welcomed the announcement.

“We must do all we can to break down barriers to public health, and reducing stigma associated with disease is one critical step in our work to end mpox,” said U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra.

One of the more popular public suggestions was “mpox” or “Mpox,” put forward by men’s health organization REZO among others. Its director said at the time that the removal of monkey imagery helped people take the health emergency seriously.

Some ideas were farcical such as “Poxy McPoxface” which alluded to Boaty McBoatface – the choice of a public vote on the name of a British polar research vessel, before a decision to give it another name – Sir David Attenborough.

The WHO said global experts settled on “mpox” after considering the scientific appropriateness, extent of current usage as well as pronounceability among other factors.

Mpox, discovered in 1958 and named after the first animal to show symptoms, mostly spread in a group of countries in west and central Africa until this year.

Around 100 countries where mpox is not endemic have now reported outbreaks of the viral disease.

The WHO has a mandate to assign new names to existing diseases under the International Classification of Diseases.

Generally, it seeks to avoid associating any disease or virus with a country, region, animal or ethnic group.

Last year, it assigned the letters of the Greek alphabet to new coronavirus variants to stop a practice of linking them with specific countries.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So exactly who is being denigrated by referring to it as monkey pox?
From the article:

"The WHO has a mandate to assign new names to existing diseases under the International Classification of Diseases.

Generally, it seeks to avoid associating any disease or virus with a country, region, animal or ethnic group."

Hope that helped.