Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave and petros

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Further, I think that Americans should be cautious about #45 who is or has had to finance some of his real estate holdings from Russia. Would the fact that if #45 defaults on the mortgages, ( does he pay anyone?) would the end game of Russia be that they get title or ownership to American property. Given that #45 is indebted to Russia, would explain why #45 thinks Putin is smart.
I believe his business in Russia fell through so he doesn't have any "holdings" in Russia.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Key Democratic Senator says won’t support Biden Fed nominee

AFP
March 14, 2022 4 seconds ago

A key Democratic Senator said Monday he will not support one of President Joe Biden’s picks to serve on the Federal Reserve board, which could torpedo her chances for confirmation.

Sarah Bloom Raskin, tapped for the post of top banking regulator at the Fed, has become a lightning rod for critics, who say she is hostile to the oil industry, and Republicans have blocked efforts to even hold a vote on her nomination.

Now Democratic Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia said Monday he was “unable to support her nomination.”

Manchin, who has been a key swing vote in the evenly split Senate, blocking many of Biden’s initiatives, pointed to Bloom Raskin’s comments on credit for the oil industry.

“Her previous public statements have failed to satisfactorily address my concerns about the critical importance of financing an all-of-the-above energy policy to meet our nation’s critical energy needs,” Manchin said......More

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Always good to hear from the grotty little client states.

We will always treasure your vital contribution of moose knuckles, mullets, and mediocre beer to our marvelous shared culture.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It’s not Putin’s tax, it’s Biden’s attack

Stupid is as stupid does .... apparently! Our whole economy will collapse if we go "all electric'. How dumb are people anyway? Exactly where is all this electricity coming from (to charge the EV's?). Unbelievable - and some of these people are supposedly "edumacated" which tells me that education does not trump common sense!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Stupid is as stupid does .... apparently! Our whole economy will collapse if we go "all electric'. How dumb are people anyway? Exactly where is all this electricity coming from (to charge the EV's?). Unbelievable - and some of these people are supposedly "edumacated" which tells me that education does not trump common sense!
Where are they gonna GIT all that petroleum to run all them new-fangled "automobiles?" Ain't that much oil in all of Pennsylvania! Nosirree, Bob, it's the buckboard and ol' Bessie fer me!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What's Alberta? Bunch of cattlemen and some hunters and trappers.

Or are you actually willing to admit the obvious. . . that social, industrial, and technological progress actually occurs?
It must occur if we don’t progress we regress .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
But the idea of expanding electrical generation/distribution capacity to meet demand seems so unthinkable to you.
Does it ? We in B.C. Have a fast wilderness area with a huge supply of natural gas beneath it . With the political will it would be relatively easy to generate electricity on the spot . That would allow us to power the transformation to electric . Instead we fight over a pipeline that will end up shipping it to China or leave it in the ground . Meanwhile we build a huge dam to flood productive bottom land to power the pipeline and LNG port . Yup unthinkable .