Not-so-gloomy Iraq?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The influence of every major power has outcomes on the planet.

Sure, but when does personal accountability ever come into play? I mean, I did buy the coffee table because it was on sale and that's because my wages aren't super high and that could probably be blamed on government policies towards healthcare so I guess it could be Bush's fault.... or it could be that I just need to be more careful when I'm walking around the apartment.

Sadam was responsible for keeping control of Iraq and stopping infighting among different groups there. But, he isn't responsible for wars he engaged in? That makes no sense.

At some point the rest of the world is gonna have to grow up and start doing things without relying on or blaming the US.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I'm sure an Iraqi mother dosen't either.

If you don't like reality perhps you should go hide under your bed.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I'm sure an Iraqi mother dosen't either.

If you don't like reality perhps you should go hide under your bed.

There is a difference between hiding from facts and seeing them without exploiting the dead.

We have babies die from preventable infections. IMO, it wouldn't be appropriate to use a picture of their dead, deformed body for an ad for a handwashing campaign. Maybe I'm a little more sensitive because I actually work with those families. I wouldn't share a picture of any dead baby without their parent's permission.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Sure, but when does personal accountability ever come into play? I mean, I did buy the coffee table because it was on sale and that's because my wages aren't super high and that could probably be blamed on government policies towards healthcare so I guess it could be Bush's fault.... or it could be that I just need to be more careful when I'm walking around the apartment.

Sadam was responsible for keeping control of Iraq and stopping infighting among different groups there. But, he isn't responsible for wars he engaged in? That makes no sense.

At some point the rest of the world is gonna have to grow up and start doing things without relying on or blaming the US.

I never said Saddam was a saint, it's perception of my comments that say that.

When the U.S. stays out of other nations buisness we will stop blaming them.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
There is a difference between hiding from facts and seeing them without exploiting the dead.

We have babies die from preventable infections. IMO, it wouldn't be appropriate to use a picture of their dead, deformed body for an ad for a handwashing campaign. Maybe I'm a little more sensitive because I actually work with those families. I wouldn't share a picture of any dead baby without their parent's permission.

Showing what is happening isn't explotation it's showing the truth that most war lovers are afraid of.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I never said Saddam was a saint, it's perception of my comments that say that.

When the U.S. stays out of other nations buisness we will stop blaming them.

I somehow doubt that. Then it will be their fault for failing to intervene (like in Rwanda).

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Showing what is happening isn't explotation it's showing the truth that most war lovers are afraid of.

It's no different from those sick election ads Bush had with dead bodies being carried out of the world trade center. Those aren't politcal tools. Those are people. They are individuals just like we are and they deserve the same respect. If a parent wants to use images of their dead child for political purposes, that's their business. Other people doing it is just sleazy IMO. They aren't putting those pictures up to mourn or to educate, they're doing it as some sort of point scoring in a tit for tat argument. I doubt it would even matter to them if that child's mother asked them not to do it.

My distaste for both sides of the war argument grows daily. I have to remind myself that most people aren't on the extreme ends.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How classless can you be. Using pictures of dead children as a lame and desparate attempt to prove something.

You need serious help.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm not afraid of anything... I am just saying that you truly are sick. Seriously.

That could be the child of any bombing in any war. But it doesn't matter because you are so disturbed to go hunting GORE sights to get a picture of a dead baby to prove a point that you can't do with your brain.

Tell me something... do you think the moderators will leave that up? What will that tell you?

Toro

Senate Member
The U.S. supplied the Iraqi's with weapons and intelligence so I guess that makes them an inoncent by standard.:roll:

Give your head a shake.:roll:

So did France. So did China. So did Russia. So did the UK. Pretty sure Brazil, South Africa and even Israeli weapons found their way into Iraq. I'm also sure we can find some contract awarded to a Canadian defense firm somewhere. Why do you only focus on the US?

If I sell you a gun, if you kill someone, the responsibility lies with you.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I'm not afraid of anything... I am just saying that you truly are sick. Seriously.

That could be the child of any bombing in any war. But it doesn't matter because you are so disturbed to go hunting GORE sights to get a picture of a dead baby to prove a point that you can't do with your brain.

Tell me something... do you think the moderators will leave that up? What will that tell you?

Coward, if you can't take a little bloody nose you had better run back home to Mommy.

Would flag draped coffins of American heros offend you as well. All hidden from the public by mass media in an effort to sheild Americans from the reality of Bush's ilconceived war on nothing.:roll:

You folks can run all you want but it's all there for you to see, you just need the desire to look.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
So did France. So did China. So did Russia. So did the UK. Pretty sure Brazil, South Africa and even Israeli weapons found their way into Iraq. I'm also sure we can find some contract awarded to a Canadian defense firm somewhere. Why do you only focus on the US?

If I sell you a gun, if you kill someone, the responsibility lies with you.

In most cases I focus on the west but since the U.S. is the leader of the free world they are the biggest player.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Coward, if you can't take a little bloody nose you had better run back home to Mommy.

Would flag draped coffins of American heros offend you as well. All hidden from the public by mass media in an effort to sheild Americans from the reality of Bush's ilconceived war on nothing.:roll:

You folks can run all you want but it's all there for you to see, you just need the desire to look.

You're pretty tough behind the keyboard.

Their are flag draped coffins all over the media. We know what is going on.

I can see that the moderator took down your sick picture... what does that tell you?

Reactions: Cosmo

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You're pretty tough behind the keyboard.

Their are flag draped coffins all over the media. We know what is going on.

I can see that the moderator took down your sick picture... what does that tell you?

No there is not, in fact a U.S. casualties barely makes news anymore.

Apathy is killing your heros.

The mods here have no balls.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You know what? I have been a member here for a long time and if you think I am going to go on all night with these juvenile posts... think again. I am not going to be kicked from this forum because of you.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You know what? I have been a member here for a long time and if you think I am going to go on all night with these juvenile posts... think again. I am not going to be kicked from this forum because of you.

Yes I know, forums mean the world to you, perhaps you should make better use of your life instead of depending on a forum for it.

Run along now.:lol:

Toro

Senate Member
In most cases I focus on the west but since the U.S. is the leader of the free world they are the biggest player.

France was a bigger supplier of weapons to Iraq than the US ever was. It was France that sold them nuclear technology. Heck, Chirac as a minister in the government in the 1970s met with Saddam before he was even leader of the Baath party.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
France was a bigger supplier of weapons to Iraq than the US ever was. It was France that sold them nuclear technology. Heck, Chirac as a minister in the government in the 1970s met with Saddam before he was even leader of the Baath party.

Like I said, the blame is at the feet of the west.

But France didn't invade Iraq now did they?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
No there is not, in fact a U.S. casualties barely makes news anymore.

Do you watch a lot of American news stations? They're on my tv news daily. Perhaps it's because my local news station is from an area with a few military bases nearby or something? We are constantly reminded of the fact that people are dying in this war.