Nonsensical Holiday Closings.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So my wife was wondering if any grocery stores would be open on July 1st. While checking to see if any in our region were open, (They're not) I noticed something weird.
All of the weed shops can be open on July 1st. However, only 4 Beer Stores in the region will be allowed to open, 1 in each city within the region, and ALL of the liquor stores will be closed.
Now I realize the LCBO is a quasi-govt corporation but even still, all three types of business are in the same basic industry; selling mind-altering substances to the masses.

I know it may seem odd that I'd kind'a peak about that being as I'm someone who smokes weed and doesn't drink, but I'm getting tired of stupid govt rules that make no sense. After the last year and a half I've had way more than enough of that nonsense.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
So my wife was wondering if any grocery stores would be open on July 1st. While checking to see if any in our region were open, (They're not) I noticed something weird.
All of the weed shops can be open on July 1st. However, only 4 Beer Stores in the region will be allowed to open, 1 in each city within the region, and ALL of the liquor stores will be closed.
Now I realize the LCBO is a quasi-govt corporation but even still, all three types of business are in the same basic industry; selling mind-altering substances to the masses.

I know it may seem odd that I'd kind'a peak about that being as I'm someone who smokes weed and doesn't drink, but I'm getting tired of stupid govt rules that make no sense. After the last year and a half I've had way more than enough of that nonsense.
1625117397537.png

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Nonsense! Juneteenth is the day that. . . um. . .

And it's in June! Presumably sometime between the thirteenth and the nineteenth!

And wutabout Columbus Day? Columbus, Ohio is a thriving little city, and deserves to be celebrated!
Juneteenth. Sounds like something a Hobbit would come up with. "I'm celebrating my one hundred and eleventieth birthday on Juneteenth."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nonsense! Juneteenth is the day that. . . um. . .

And it's in June! Presumably sometime between the thirteenth and the nineteenth!

And wutabout Columbus Day? Columbus, Ohio is a thriving little city, and deserves to be celebrated!
Ah yes, Columbus. The drunken lost sailor that introduced social diseases to our shores.