New - old element

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
Rob J Whitney
March 28, 2019
Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.
These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.
Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.
It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.
In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.
This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

• Haha
Reactions: petros and Danbones

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
It is funny time . . . we follow '' Governmentium '', we investing money in the CERN / LHC project,
we search dark matter, dark energy, black holes, wormholes, gravitons, tetraquarks, pentaquarks,
we develop new string theories . . . and all this thanks to three theories: QM + SRT and GRT

Attachments

• 2+2=3.jpg
    2+2=3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 0

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ah, the basis for the understanding of the whole universe - The Tax Payer!

2 +2 =3 when they pay you and 2 +2 = 5 when they collect!

Reactions: taxslave

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
About quantum duality
Two explorers arrived in Australia; the first ever from Europe. One of the first things they saw was a Kangaroo. One said, "That's the biggest Rabbit I ever saw!" But then when they looked closer, they discovered it was a marsupial, and decided it was a big opossum. So the decided that when it was hopping it was a rabbit, but when it was giving birth it was an opossum. They went home and told their friends about the dual nature of the animals in Australia that sometimes behave like rabbits and sometimes like opossums. Now it just so happened that they took a native Australian home with them, and hoping that he could shed some light on the dual nature of the animals in his homeland, they showed him a rabbit and an opossum. Then they asked him if the big animals that they saw hopping around in Australia were rabbits or opossums. He looked at them and laughed, saying "They aren't rabbits, mate, and they aren't opossums, they are Kangaroos." Has anybody ever heard of a wavicle duality?
/ By Dave Alexander /

Attachments

• Duck-Rabbit.jpg
    Duck-Rabbit.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 0

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
How to understand: where do we live?
Articles from internet
Apr 14, 2018 — 'There is no such thing as past or future': physicist Carlo Rovelli
"There Is No Such Thing As Time" | Popular Science
There's No Such Thing As Cold - YouTube
There's No Such Thing as Free Will - The Atlantic
No Such Thing as “Now” | ORBITER
There isn't such thing as movement
Dec 20, 2018 — There Is No Such Thing as Conscious Thought - Scientific ...
A quantum experiment suggests there’s no such thing as objective reality
How to understand: where do we live?

Attachments

• new - W.jpg
    new - W.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
If you thought that science was certain well, that is just an error on your part.
— Richard P. Feynman
''Science is not always as objective as we would like to believe.''
— Michael Talbot

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
If you thought that science was certain well, that is just an error on your part.
— Richard P. Feynman
''Science is not always as objective as we would like to believe.''
— Michael Talbot

Life after death: Brian Cox says physics 'ruled out' the human soul at particle level:
"Particle physicist and TV presenter Brian Cox has, however, taken the discussion one step further and explained why there is no measurable evidence of humans having souls that could live on after death."
By Sebastian Kettley
PUBLISHED: 11:33, Sat, Jan 23, 2021

Attachments

• 1 -feynman - energy.jpg
    1 -feynman - energy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Richard Feynman was wrong about beauty and truth in science​

You’re So Wrong, Richard Feynman​

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine
/ James Jeans /
#
''[T]he laws of quantum mechanics itself cannot be formulated . . . without recourse to the concept of consciousness.''
/ Eugene Wigner, the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1963 /
#
''Whether or not consciousness can affect quantum mechanics, perhaps quantum mechanics is involved in consciousness."
/ Roger Penrose, the Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 /

Attachments

• BOHR.jpg
    BOHR.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Life after death: Brian Cox says physics 'ruled out' the human soul at particle level:
"Particle physicist and TV presenter Brian Cox has, however, taken the discussion one step further and explained why there is no measurable evidence of humans having souls that could live on after death."
By Sebastian Kettley
PUBLISHED: 11:33, Sat, Jan 23, 2021

I used to like him, but now I think he's a tosspot.

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
I used to like him, but now I think he's a tosspot.
If we were looking for something that we could conceive of as ''Soul''
within the universe of the new physics, then light/photon/electron might be a good place to start.
'' There is one simplification at least. Electrons behave . . . in exactly the same way as photons; . . .''
— Richard P. Feynman . . . / formula of both is E=hf /
''All these fifty years of conscious brooding have brought me no nearer to the answer to the question,
'What are light quanta?' Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he knows it, but he is mistaken.''
/ Albert Einstein, 1954 /

Attachments

• 1 -feynman - energy.jpg
    1 -feynman - energy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If we were looking for something that we could conceive of as ''Soul''
within the universe of the new physics, then light/photon/electron might be a good place to start.
'' There is one simplification at least. Electrons behave . . . in exactly the same way as photons; . . .''
— Richard P. Feynman . . . / formula of both is E=hf /
''All these fifty years of conscious brooding have brought me no nearer to the answer to the question,
'What are light quanta?' Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he knows it, but he is mistaken.''
/ Albert Einstein, 1954 /

It's not his physics that I don't like him for (although I do disagree with his simplistic belief that simple scientific experiment disproves the soul).

These are some of the reasons why I now dislike Professor Brian Cox:

1612011095809.png

1612011048406.png

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
Mr. ''Blackleaf''
It seems i understand your disagreement
It would be trite to say: physics and personal political views are different things
Philipp Lenard and Johannes Stark were good physicists
(both were awarded the Nobel Prize) but their political view were not democratic
And of course, in the real life everything is interconnected

Attachments

• Jewish Science .jpg
    Jewish Science .jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Mr. ''Blackleaf''
It seems i understand your disagreement
It would be trite to say: physics and personal political views are different things
Philipp Lenard and Johannes Stark were good physicists
(both were awarded the Nobel Prize) but their political view were not democratic
And of course, in the real life everything is interconnected

Mr Cox should stick to teaching people particle physics at the University of Manchester, instead of ramming his dubious political views down our throats.

Scientists and celebrities seem to think that because they understand the inner workings of a black hole, or they once appeared as the Spanish Infanta and Lady Whiteadder in Blackadder, that they have a right to lecture the common people in politics. They don't. Most people don't give a toss about their political views. Their views are no more important than mine or the old lady who lives next door.

Professor Cox should either stick with hosting the Infinite Monkey Cage on BBC Radio 4 or go back to being the keyboard player in pop band D:Ream, which is what he used to be. This song of theirs was used by Blair's New Labour during their successful 1997 General Election campaign...