Municipal governments- is it time that candidates indicate their political preferences?

justfred

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2004
Drumheller
I wonder if it is time to do this? If the electorate do not want I Left or Right leaning candidate, then they have the opportunity to vote for the party that they want. Some parties tax and spend, some do not.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All one has to do is look at the candidates agenda to find their political leanings . Personally I nix any who has grand spending plans .

Reactions: taxslave

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Municipal politics is a nice change from the partisan crap that takes up so much time on the provincial and federal stages. Councillors and candidates at the civic level are free to address actual issues of concern without having to bow to their political overlords. Once someone moves beyond municipal politics the divide between electors and electees grows quickly.

Reactions: Jinentonix

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Municipal politics is a nice change from the partisan crap that takes up so much time on the provincial and federal stages. Councillors and candidates at the civic level are free to address actual issues of concern without having to bow to their political overlords. Once someone moves beyond municipal politics the divide between electors and electees grows quickly.

maxresdefault.jpg

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
But if you look at civic politics , most large metropolitan areas have left and right wing parties vying for office . Different names same pile .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I wonder if it is time to do this? If the electorate do not want I Left or Right leaning candidate, then they have the opportunity to vote for the party that they want. Some parties tax and spend, some do not.
political beliefs should be made public. all beliefs should be made public. 💡

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not in the cities. NDP has farm leagues in city politics, just under different names. Smaller towns not so much, but you can usually tell by their spending priorities.
Vancouver is especially polarized.