Mother shares a joint with her 2 year old

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm just calling it as I see it....you want to twist and turn after the fact...you go right ahead.

I responded to your post in good faith. You don't want to listen to what I had to say, and want to stick to a faulty notion, that's your call.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I know, let's make a mountain out of a mole hill! :lol:

But seriously folks, let's take a moment and consider context here for a second. Is it ok to have some pot with one of your kids?
Depends on you and the kid doesn't it. Some kids are two years old and of course that would be idiotic now wouldn't it. Is that to say that a 62 year old dad shouldn't enjoy some with his 39 year old son if they want to while sitting on the porch of the cottage on holidays?

You see it's context that's the problem.

Young children shouldn't' be given drugs or alcohol that isn't prescribed by a doctor. Recently, OTC cold remedies and cough syrup has been shown to cause some problems and even death in young children. Some even has alcohol in it.

A question that comes up sometimes once a kid has entered middle or high school is what pot is all about. Consider who your kids get the answers from, some dopey teenager selling them drugs or their friends who have heard stories from older kids or you after you've studied the subject to get the truth about it?

Personally I've got probably got the equivalent of a PhD on the stuff. I've enjoyed it for over thirty years from once in a while to many joints per day. I've had all grades and tested most of the popular strains we have had in Canada and imported from other countries.

Hands down, as a parent I feel that I am far more qualified to talk to my children about pot when they start to ask about it. Knowing them as I do, I can best judge when they are ready to try it, if that is what they want, and since I am well able to see to the quality of the pot they try it, is in my considered opinion that there is no better person for them to get to understand it and experience it first hand with.

As kids do with all things, they will make the choice themselves when they feel they are ready to and I feel that there is no better place than their own home to learn how to enjoy responsibly whether it's alcohol or pot.

I'm not every parent nor do people have my experience but if you really care about your kids and this issue, then I suggest that you educate yourself so that you can give your kids the straight goods when and if they should ask you about it. In this way, you too can ensure that they have the right information at the right time.

The moral outrage over what happens when kids have kids of their own is pretty shallow. If there was some help out there for them instead of hoping the school is giving them the aids talk and tossing them a condom when they sprout pubes isn't enough. Parents should be parents and when they aren't we as a society should be stepping in to see that they kids don't go with out knowing the truth. No scare tactics, no lies, no bull****.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So what should happen to her?

I think social services probably has a pretty good idea of what works best for people in her situation.

I personally have no clue what would be a good punishment, or therapy, or intervention or whatever.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Some kids are two years old and of course that would be idiotic now wouldn't it.
Young children shouldn't' be given drugs or alcohol that isn't prescribed by a doctor.

Or film a two year old they encouraged to toke.

Exactly the point of the OP.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Since she has admited to her part....she is sentenced, along with her cohorts, and she loses the baby. Period!
Do you think she should lose the baby permanently? Sentenced to what...jail, parenting classes, a combination of both?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think social services probably has a pretty good idea of what works best for people in her situation.

I personally have no clue what would be a good punishment, or therapy, or intervention or whatever.
Buuuuut ya likely have an opinion of what you think should happen... no?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Buuuuut ya likely have an opinion of what you think should happen... no?

I think she should have to face the jail time as decided by a judge for the criminal side of things. As for what should happen to her status as a mom, I think that is next to impossible to decide with just one little snapshot of her life. She could be an awesome mom who takes her kid to the park everyday, has a good job, keeps a good house, reads bed time stories every night and just screwed up this once.

Or, she could be a crack *****, and this was a good night for that kid.

Without knowing the rest of the story, an opinion is a bit hard for me to form.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Oh I see, you're not so bothered by a two year old being given drugs but rather that they were dumb enough to record themselves doing it. Kind of a look at the dumb criminal sort of point you want to make here.

Ok, I understand.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I think this sort of thing needs to have some intervention into the kids life and as this is something it's parent did, she needs to have a responsible adult over see things until she has proven that she can provide a stable and nurturing envorinment for the kid to grow up in.

Definately time to lose the stupid friends and get on with being the adult responsible for another person. That's the role she picked having the baby and she has to suck it up and get busy being a parent.

I think she should have to face the jail time as decided by a judge for the criminal side of things. As for what should happen to her status as a mom, I think that is next to impossible to decide with just one little snapshot of her life. She could be an awesome mom who takes her kid to the park everyday, has a good job, keeps a good house, reads bed time stories every night and just screwed up this once.

Or, she could be a crack *****, and this was a good night for that kid.

Without knowing the rest of the story, an opinion is a bit hard for me to form.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Interesting development in this thread. I think the real problem is gerryh is just taking the whole thing too seriously and expects evryone to have his opinion. Sorry dude it's not all like the bible says. :smile:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Oh I see,you're not so bothered by a two year old being given drugs but rather that they were dumb enough to record themselves doing it. Kind of a look at the dumb criminal sort of point you want to make here.

Ok, I understand.

I don't think that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Some kids are two years old and of course that would be idiotic now wouldn't it.
Young children shouldn't' be given drugs or alcohol that isn't prescribed by a doctor.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Interesting development in this thread. I think the real problem is gerryh is just taking the whole thing too seriously and expects evryone to have his opinion. Sorry dude it's not all like the bible says. :smile:

I can speak for him, but I do understand how the hypocrisy here sometimes can get under the skin.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I don't think that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven

You've been wrong before.