Most of the used fighter jets bought by Canada are still not in service, MPs hear

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Park them over by the submarines.

It's about to get funnier with the replacement tender already closed. I could see $50B before it is done for planes we will never need. Only ever used for training really

Won't be surprised to see it go to Boeing to smooth relations.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Park them over by the submarines.

It's about to get funnier with the replacement tender already closed. I could see $50B before it is done for planes we will never need. Only ever used for training really

Won't be surprised to see it go to Boeing to smooth relations.
2 of the many planes are set to come into service

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
True character trait of a Canadian is in their willingness to take on fixer-uppers. Goes well with loving a bargain and thinking we can fix anything.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
True character trait of a Canadian is in their willingness to take on fixer-uppers. Goes well with loving a bargain and thinking we can fix anything.
The spider sense was tingling. Bought myself a 1973 350 with the 4 bolt main setup out of the blue today. Couldn't resist and quite pleased at this point.

Wondering how many times I will move it around the garage before it gets used. The plan is to upgrade a 283 for the jet boat. Life is short.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Decent score. Truck motor with cast rods and crank?
Guy said it came out of a truck. Haven't checked the casting numbers.

Sounds like one more thing Petros knows. You remind me of the Zoltar machine from the movie Big.

Finding the right cam shaft drove me crazy on the 283. I am guessing it will be the same with the 350 although I have been told to expect more torque which is what I think I need in a boat so we'll see. The boat is a 1964 Buehler turbocraft jet boat so a little more HP will just add to the bad assness. It flies as it is with the 283. There is an early 60's video on Youtube with the builders demonstrating running it up the rapids of the Colorado River. I bought it from the grandson of the original owner who ran it low on oil and put a rod through the oil pan. Thank heavens the grandfather was already dead. I call it "Grampa's Boat".

New boats are lots of money, cool is cool.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Guy said it came out of a truck. Haven't checked the casting numbers.

Sounds like one more thing Petros knows. You remind me of the Zoltar machine from the movie Big.

Finding the right cam shaft drove me crazy on the 283. I am guessing it will be the same with the 350 although I have been told to expect more torque which is what I think I need in a boat so we'll see. The boat is a 1964 Buehler turbocraft jet boat so a little more HP will just add to the bad assness. It flies as it is with the 283. There is an early 60's video on Youtube with the builders demonstrating running it up the rapids of the Colorado River. I bought it from the grandson of the original owner who ran it low on oil and put a rod through the oil pan. Thank heavens the grandfather was already dead. I call it "Grampa's Boat".

New boats are lots of money, cool is cool.
Im a gear head, what can I say?

A 260° cam outta be plenty for adding useable torque with 9:1 - 10:1 compression without blowing gas out the pipes. What are using for a carb? 650 mechanical secondary 4bbl?